1. #20921
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    As for showing range on a per-skill basis, would not be all too possible to do it more than it is already done without being extremely intrusive.
    That would also be cheating.

  2. #20922
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Just make it so the arrow pointing to your target has a slash through it if outside the maximum range of your abilities. Or add the little mouse over cursor indicator like Rift.

    Not really game breaking. Everything in the game should facilitate the feeling of not being a pain in the ass. Usability is highly important to MMOs.
    I would say it should have different colors. Easier to notice.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  3. #20923
    You mean the target indicator arrow?

  4. #20924
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    You mean the target indicator arrow?
    But of course. I can't imagine which colors would be perfect, but I can't help but think "Green light! Green light to engage!"
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  5. #20925
    I def. hated having abilities go on CD when I used them out of range. Why let me cast when I'm out of range? Why let me use my illusions with no target selected? Pissed me off.

  6. #20926
    Quote Originally Posted by ganglord View Post
    I def. hated having abilities go on CD when I used them out of range. Why let me cast when I'm out of range? Why let me use my illusions with no target selected? Pissed me off.
    Cost of opportunity to balance resource-less combat.

  7. #20927
    Quote Originally Posted by ganglord View Post
    I def. hated having abilities go on CD when I used them out of range. Why let me cast when I'm out of range? Why let me use my illusions with no target selected? Pissed me off.
    For the same reason that when you miss with bullets in a shooting game you still have to reload.. :P

  8. #20928
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    For the same reason that when you miss with bullets in a shooting game you still have to reload.. :P
    Or can fire into the air/wall/whatever when you don't have a target, omg imagine that!

    From that list posted earlier it seems several (not all) are UI issues, which is a choice by ANet to make the players watch the world rather than the UI. I don't even see the need for a target-of-target window, when attacks will hit *anyone in the way*! Don't want to get hit? Don't stand in the path of the sword/hammer/axe/arrow/fire/frost/lightning/earth/jaws/did I miss anything?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

  9. #20929
    Bloodsail Admiral Haggerty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    London, Angel
    Posts
    1,234
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    So Peters basically said what I said in a few threads; keep moving, use terrain, build smart, keep the camera in constant motion. Sick of these Anet guys stealing my tips. Pfft.
    I've played MMOs for years with both hands on the keyboard during combat (swiftly moving mouse when needed)...I'm not sure that's gonna work out so well for me though. Have dusted my G13 down and am gonna do some intense mouse-cam training.

    ---------- Post added 2012-05-01 at 08:04 PM ----------

    That reminds me of something that made me chuckle over the weekend...

    So, I'm all for the increased social gaming experience...I love it, of course I do...but - I found myself cursing the helpfulness of strangers slightly when I wanted to get my head around how effective each skill was, and how to use them. Every time I opened up on something three people would appear and help me take it down..."gaaaaaaa - I just want to explode a clone!".

  10. #20930
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Or can fire into the air/wall/whatever when you don't have a target, omg imagine that!

    From that list posted earlier it seems several (not all) are UI issues, which is a choice by ANet to make the players watch the world rather than the UI. I don't even see the need for a target-of-target window, when attacks will hit *anyone in the way*! Don't want to get hit? Don't stand in the path of the sword/hammer/axe/arrow/fire/frost/lightning/earth/jaws/did I miss anything?
    That's not very practical or clear. Esp. in large groups- you often get hit by mobs from all sides without any clarity on what is firing at you specifically. Highly doubt there is a player in the world so skilled at the game they can pick out which mobs are aggro'd to them in a DE such as the crossroads being overrun with a large group of 30 or so.

    What's hitting me? Everything.

  11. #20931
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,030
    Question: If I cancel my annual pass AFTER D3 is released (which is in two weeks)...

    Do I get to keep it? *fidget*

    Guild Wars 2 has done what my girlfriend has tried to do for the past 5 years: caused me to be completely bored of WoW.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  12. #20932
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    That's not very practical or clear. Esp. in large groups- you often get hit by mobs from all sides without any clarity on what is firing at you specifically. Highly doubt there is a player in the world so skilled at the game they can pick out which mobs are aggro'd to them in a DE such as the crossroads being overrun with a large group of 30 or so.

    What's hitting me? Everything.
    Right but at the same time, target-of-target is only going to tell you what your target is targetting, not what is targetting you, so you'd have to tab through EVERYTHING to find what's attacking you. I could see them making it so you auto-target something if you don't have a target and it's attacking you though (if they don't already do that, I didn't actually notice this weekend)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

  13. #20933
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,030
    One thing I will miss from WoW: Nameplates. I used the Tidy Plates mod, and I had it set to show the HP in different colors based on whether or not they were targeting me.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  14. #20934
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    One thing I will miss from WoW: Nameplates. I used the Tidy Plates mod, and I had it set to show the HP in different colors based on whether or not they were targeting me.
    Yep nameplates and UI scale at least would be nice to have.

    My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

  15. #20935
    Question: If I cancel my annual pass AFTER D3 is released (which is in two weeks)...
    no they take d3 than too - i asked them on telephon^^

  16. #20936
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Question: If I cancel my annual pass AFTER D3 is released (which is in two weeks)...

    Do I get to keep it? *fidget*
    I doubt it. I suspect they'll remove the game from your BN and force you to go buy the box to add another live copy to your account. Can you even 'cancel' an annual pass now?

  17. #20937
    you cant cancel annual pass

    only way is you get your account banned - but dunno - maby have to pay than too for the year

  18. #20938
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Right but at the same time, target-of-target is only going to tell you what your target is targetting, not what is targetting you, so you'd have to tab through EVERYTHING to find what's attacking you. I could see them making it so you auto-target something if you don't have a target and it's attacking you though (if they don't already do that, I didn't actually notice this weekend)
    That;s not how you use ToT effectively.

  19. #20939
    Mechagnome Vewen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    I doubt it. I suspect they'll remove the game from your BN and force you to go buy the box to add another live copy to your account. Can you even 'cancel' an annual pass now?
    You can stop paying the monthly subscription.

  20. #20940
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Inora View Post
    you cant cancel annual pass
    Yes you can - you just stop paying for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    I doubt it. I suspect they'll remove the game from your BN and force you to go buy the box to add another live copy to your account.
    Maybe I'll just ask Blizz support. ^_^
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •