Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Did anyone else find the diving board in Lions Arch? At the top of the structure just before the diving board there was something you could pick up and equip, like an environmental weapon. When you jumped off the diving board your skill bar changed and you got 2 buttons that literally made you do flips and shit as you fell to the water.
    I made a video of my dive, but I didn't show me picking up the goggles. There was an npc up there that described what to do, but I thought it was just flavor text until I stumbled on the goggles. This game has a ton of environmental weapons/items, it seems.

Deleted
    Well they obviously testing the asura/sylvari zones and it looks like the newest build. Just look at the revamped gem store on the last pic

imgur.com/a/JvEhm#18

Deleted
    does anyone know, the bag slot unlock in the cash shop, is it per character or on all characters?

Per character. Just like T-stones.

Deleted
    wow thats brutal. Seems some of the cash shop items are pretty cynical. Storage for just a couple of characters is going to be very expensive.

Yea, Anet are still in it to make money.

Tis' life.

Deleted
    I suppose, I just dont like them designing the game around cash shop. If storage is impossible without dropping 30£ per character, I find that pretty excessive. I would rather they sold endgame equipment than strangling storage space personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    wow thats brutal. Seems some of the cash shop items are pretty cynical. Storage for just a couple of characters is going to be very expensive.
    Still cheaper than $180 per year to play a game you already paid for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Still cheaper than $180 per year to play a game you already paid for.
    is it though? I think if I crunch the numbers for unlocking all that I 'need' (want :P) on all 8 characters, plus the extra cost of boxes and expansions, it wont be far off.

I will see, but from what I see so far, storage wise, it will actually be cheaper to buy 2 accounts and abuse the mail system. I'll do some maths and find out.

is it though? I think if I crunch the numbers for unlocking all that I 'need' (want :P) on all 8 characters, plus the extra cost of boxes and expansions, it wont be far off.

I will see, but from what I see so far, storage wise, it will actually be cheaper to buy 2 accounts and abuse the mail system. I'll do some maths and find out.
    Make a guild and get 250 bag slots

10+ Year Old Account
    If storage is impossible without dropping 30£ per character, I find that pretty excessive.
    Don't worry, it's not impossible. The only problem I have with the bank storage is that, since it's shared between all characters, it's hard to store multiple sets of gear for multiple characters, but that's where you go about spending more for more storage. Complaining about that is like complaining about how you only start with 5 character slots - what you get is more than enough to fully enjoy the game without spending (more) money on it.

The best thing is that you don't necessarily have to be the one who buys the cash shop gems with real money.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-05-15 at 11:44 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Make a guild and get 250 bag slots
    I tried in the beta, but it wouldnt let me create one for some reason :P

I actually do this in most games.

If you are a leader of a guild, can you still join other guilds?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are a leader of a guild, can you still join other guilds?
    Of course. I fully intend to have a personal guild, as well as a guild for me and my girl to share, on the side of any other guild I join.

Wasn't aware that guilds get free bank space, but that's an amazing plus. I wonder, are you limited to making only one guild? What happens if you become the leader of more than one guild?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Of course. I fully intend to have a personal guild, as well as a guild for me and my girl to share, on the side of any other guild I join.

Wasn't aware that guilds get free bank space, but that's an amazing plus. I wonder, are you limited to making only one guild? What happens if you become the leader of more than one guild?
    The good Maarius gave some info on this yesterday:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...hout-cash-shop

Apparently someone said (#9) they made guilds and ran them all..but that it might be a bug for now. We'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohooo, so the guild storage isn't entirely free, but it's still fairly cheap. And by cheap, I mean... cheap at max level.

It's also worth noting that it takes 2 weeks, 2 days, and 16 hours to build up to that. Or, for the cost of an additional 500 influence, 1 week, 4 days, and 16 hours.

But can you put soulbound items in the guild bank?

Storage doesn't bother me so much in GW2 but the t-stone system is easily the worse I have ever seen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

Storage doesn't bother me so much in GW2 but the t-stone system is easily the worse I have ever seen.
    could you explain briefly?

10+ Year Old Account

Whatcha talkin' 'bout Willis?

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Ohooo, so the guild storage isn't entirely free, but it's still fairly cheap. And by cheap, I mean... cheap at max level.

It's also worth noting that it takes 2 weeks, 2 days, and 16 hours to build up to that. Or, for the cost of an additional 500 influence, 1 week, 4 days, and 16 hours.
    Seems cheaper than getting 6 guild bank tabs in wow though...but we don't really know what the economy will be like in GW2 yet.
    I wouldn't know...didn't do beta..........yet.

could you explain briefly?
    Firstly, T-stones are bound per character limiting skin transfer.
    Secondly, as a result of the first this would force you to buy T-stones per character to reskin items.
    Thirdly, one can only skin same type to same type of item.
    Fourthly, t-stones break the original item without keeping the original skin.
    Fifthly, there is no way to keep multiple sets of clothing that has been reskinned to swap to on-the-fly.
    Sixthly, there is no on-the-fly dye preview.
    Seventh, not all combat clothes or town clothes can be reskinned.
    Eightly, it's restricted by level... WHAT IN THE %$#&.

And yes, I made up the word "eightly". I am in not giving a flip about grammar mode more than usual now.

The single worse reskin & wardrobe system I have ever seen.