Quote Originally Posted by Kallanna View Post
    I think Guild Wars2, due to it's differences (namely the gem store) has a lot of people on the fence that will only actually go in (And market it to other people) after it's been proven and word of mouth starts working its charm.
    If the gem store is what you're on the fence about, know that you can buy gems from other players through the game's auction/Trading Post system with gold, so you can get everything you might want without spending a cent on gems.

Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Hate to be "that guy" but the problem that's happening is the people on the fence are remaining skeptical despite what word of mouth is saying about their beta experience. :P
    Well I was trying to get to the ideas after release, pre-release... Considering the amount of unhappy people with a purchase that they have not researched... it might be better they stay on the fence.

I was thinking more in longevity, as I think perhaps post-release more people will actually try it and play it and decide on it. I seem to come across the argument that despite all these good opinions, since it has no release date and it's not out yet, people wish to remain sceptical to avoid... disappointment I suppose?

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    If the gem store is what you're on the fence about, know that you can buy gems from other players through the game's auction/Trading Post system with gold, so you can get everything you might want without spending a cent on gems.
    Also, I'm not on the fence at all, I'm loving and recommending the game in good faith as, as far as my understanding goes, this whole system is actually quite good. (Although I'm still not 200% convinced but It's not a deal breaker for me anyway).
    I was speaking more in general, for a lot of people, particularly due to stuff I've heard when speaking to people or lurking on forums.
    Last edited by Kallanna; 2012-05-02 at 05:44 PM.

The forums will remain in read-only mode for a few weeks.
    from Forum.guildwars2.com

Guess we know that the next BWE probably won't be in the next couple weeks. :P
    If there was going to be another BWE the weekend after next, they would probably say "until the next BWE" instead of "for the next few weeks", since there is no reason to keep them closed during a BWE.
    Anet tends to give vague answers if they aren't sure of something, and "closed for the next few weeks" is too specific.
    So.. 18th or 26th imo, gogo.

I hope it is the 18th. The 26th is Memorial Day weekend here in the US which for me means I'll be very busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    from Forum.guildwars2.com

Guess we know that the next BWE probably won't be in the next couple weeks. :P
    If there was going to be another BWE the weekend after next, they would probably say "until the next BWE" instead of "for the next few weeks", since there is no reason to keep them closed during a BWE.
    Anet tends to give vague answers if they aren't sure of something, and "closed for the next few weeks" is too specific.
    So.. 18th or 26th imo, gogo.
    Personal guess for the 26th, I feel the 18th is not enough time.
    Oh wait, but 26th is a holiday weekend in the US and I didn't know. That might change everything. Maybe even early June?

Quote Originally Posted by Kallanna View Post
    Personal guess for the 26th, I feel the 18th is not enough time.
    Oh wait, but 26th is a holiday weekend in the US and I didn't know. That might change everything. Maybe even early June?
    They said they hoped for one per month, and they tend to try to avoid saying things that will bite them in the ass.

They said they hoped for one per month, and they tend to try to avoid saying things that will bite them in the ass.
    But also, from their twitter:
    We do not have a date for BWE2 at this point. The BWE goal is *roughly* once a month, but subject to change. ~RB2
    https://twitter.com/#!/GuildWars2/st...02181275701248

I'm pretty sure the whole once a month was also mentioned in the official forums and they bolded the part that says Subject to change.

They seem to be covering their ass pretty nicely tbh.
    I would like it to be soon - mainly because I'd also love if they released the game in June or July - but at the moment I'm trying to keep my hopes in check.

Summer is usually a bad time to release games. The end of August or September is the earliest I expect a release.

I may have mentioned this before, but I do wonder if summer is such a bad time for an MMO to release...

It is. College kids are not at school and generally MMO attendance drops off GREATLY during the summer months. MMOs are inherently about time investment. Just bad business and natural human reaction to do other things in the summer.

No, it's a social guild. Basically a chat room.
    No reason to be on the server after they get the server visits sorted out unless there's people from MMO-c you want to WvW with.
    That's what I was saying last week and no one seems to be able to get their head around it.

What's so wrong with just popping in for a quild chat occasionally and doing the occasional meet-up on a chosen visit server?
    People need to stop thinking of "guild" in the traditional wow sense. Think "club".

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    That's what I was saying last week and no one seems to be able to get their head around it.

What's so wrong with just popping in for a quild chat occasionally and doing the occasional meet-up on a chosen visit server?
    People need to stop thinking of "guild" in the traditional wow sense. Think "club".
    I actually think this is why I'm kinda excited about being part of a guild (or ten) in this game. It's not a job application, it's just a 'club' in which you chat and socialize with people.

Also, as someone at Uni, I'd love to have GW2 to do me over for the summer, but... yeah I can understand some people might like to go outside and do other things and the mmo market isn't very friendly to that. Do you think though, that due to it being B2P and non subscription fee they could manage a summer release? (I'm sure some people would still play it, it's not summer all over the world, and not everyone wishes - or has the weather - to go outside all the time).

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post

I don't know, but apparently it's an evil concept.
    Reason #359 that having two MMO-c guilds is pointless. Sure, we can't do WvW all together at the same time.. but 1) it's a social guild and 2) you can always say, I don't know, "Anyone on the NA server want to do WvW?" or "Anyone on the EU server want to do WvW?"
    I should hope we're not still split come next BWE/launch, it seems to remove half of the reason the guild exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It is. College kids are not at school and generally MMO attendance drops off GREATLY during the summer months. MMOs are inherently about time investment. Just bad business and natural human reaction to do other things in the summer.
    Mmm thats strange. Its the best time for me to play MMO's. Dont have to worry about school at all and can play all day.

I'm putting my reply to this in the guild thread :P

The netcode and cross server options are beyond impressive in GW2. My sister & friends were on Underworld, a EU server. My sis lives in Massachusetts. I was on Darkhaven, US. We were grouped, guilded and cross guild chatting as soon as I registered our guild name for F&F. We were without issue all weekend.

Looking at the barriers to entry other MMOs have in simply playing & chatting with friends I can't help but feel some of these games are literally built around 10 year old notions & tech.

GW2 social options are clearly the way forward.

>_>
    <_<
    Has anyone dreamed about Guild Wars 2 or am I the only one? ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    >_>
    <_<
    The day after i did but not recently, They need to just release it already lol.

I'm putting my money on an August release as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    >_>
    <_<
    You're not alone.
    I also have the main theme and the charr theme in a loop in my head every night when I go to sleep, since I've played the beta.
    GW2 dreams are quite frustrating because just when you think 'oh I could play it' you realise there's no beta running so you have to wait. *sigh*