Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The netcode
    Luckyyy.
    We had huge lag in any 1-15 zone on Sea of Sorrows due to the player cap seemingly being much too high.

(That falls under netcode, correct? When I think netcode, I think 'how laggy is the server side lag')
    The jump puzzle in nornland took forever. Not due to the jumping, that was cake, but due to the mobs sitting still for a second then instagibbing us. Or when one reached across the gap and killed someone, that was funny. Maybe not server lag, though. :P

I had almost no lag all weekend. The game ran beautifully in almost all areas. Smooth as silk.

I had almost no lag all weekend. The game ran beautifully in almost all areas. Smooth as silk.
    Ours was the first to fill (from what I've heard) and I guess the cap was too high.
    The 1-15 zones were practically unplayable, while I felt like I was playing with less than 50ms in the 15-25 zones.
    Hearing that other servers were fine gives me confidence though, it makes me feel less likely that it will be a launch issue.
    Esp since almost every server was "full". Maybe they lowered the cap after our server.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Ours was the first to fill (from what I've heard) and I guess the cap was too high.
    The 1-15 zones were practically unplayable, while I felt like I was playing with less than 50ms in the 15-25 zones.
    Hearing that other servers were fine gives me confidence though, it makes me feel less likely that it will be a launch issue.
    Esp since almost every server was "full". Maybe they lowered the cap after our server.
    Look at bright side, at least SoS gave ArenaNet the most data about servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Look at bright side, at least SoS gave ArenaNet the most data about servers.
    I feel so helpful!

Supposedly Dark Haven was the first to fill, or did I hear that wrong?

Supposedly Dark Haven was the first to fill, or did I hear that wrong?
    I may have heard wrong.
    All I know is our server had pretty terrible server side lag.

I feel so helpful!
    My sarcasm detector just exploded! And it's built to withstand Asuran levels of sarcasm D:

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    late reply.......but jeez, this is like the single thing about GW2 that I really really don't like.
    I truly hope they have an option to turn it off or turn it into ground circles.

Idd......there were some screeshots of pvp a few months back that seemed to have the outlines replaced by ground circles. If that's not the case now I am /sadface. I'll def be posting on the offical forums next beta about it.
    ur right, it just looks tacky....and are basically fluorescent outline totally spoiling the beautiful artwork of the characters. imo.
    I chucked it in the suggestions forum, an option in the game menu (to keep ppl who like it happy as well) or to add circles.. so fingers crossed little old me gets heard.. haha a few ppl agreed with me

I was on FoW (eu) and didn't have any lag, I did however get the "this zone is full... message" but I could still play fine.
    Anyone has any cool stories from the BWE?
    Personally I was questing around the 18lvl mark when someone playing guardian ran into a lot of centaurs and died pretty fast (there were 7-8 of them) after he had killed 2.
    I kited for 5hours with my ranger but killed'm all and rezzed the poor fella.
    He says thanks, and runs straight in to die again. Pretty funny imo

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    My sarcasm detector just exploded! And it's built to withstand Asuran levels of sarcasm D:
    It doesn't help that you've now heard me in TS and know that I'm even more sarcastic than I am on the forums. D:

My ganon avatar does not approve of your sarcasm! FEAR HIS TRIDENT!

It is. College kids are not at school and generally MMO attendance drops off GREATLY during the summer months. MMOs are inherently about time investment. Just bad business and natural human reaction to do other things in the summer.
    I've definitely experienced the annual drop in guild attendance.

I guess what gives me pause for thought is (and I'm by no means certain that I'm not talking crap) that MMOs can get a lot of bad press if their servers etc melt, problems with authentication, accounts, billing, loot lag, last minute bugs, support can all cause a very bad stink...so launching at a quieter (but by no means empty) time of year could give a bit of breathing space. Also, because of the nature of an MMO - the company is playing the long game...they want people to be playing in 5 years time...so a more relaxed ramp up to begin with, smooth service, get a loyal initial following, get them to be saying positive things to their friends...go for the marketing campaign in the fall/Christmas when you know you have a solid offering...

Like I say, I could be talking crap...

It doesn't help that you've now heard me in TS and know that I'm even more sarcastic than I am on the forums. D:
    I must say that the grinning charr avatar certainly helps portray the sarcasm in most of your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallanna View Post
    I must say that the grinning charr avatar certainly helps portray the sarcasm in most of your posts.
    He approves of all of my posts.
    ALL OF THEM.
    That time I was wrong and Mif corrected me? My Charr approved of my post, not Mif's.

so does anyone know how many people actually participated in the beta aka Pre purchased the game?

He approves of all of my posts.
    ALL OF THEM.
    That time I was wrong and Mif corrected me? My Charr approved of my post, not Mif's.
    'Charr approves! *thumbs up*'. Somehow, DA:O is now in my head.

Also,
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    so does anyone know how many people actually participated in the beta aka Pre purchased the game?
    No, but it would be nice to have a number of pre-purchases. However, some people at the beta had the PAX codes so not all of them were pre-purchases, so if they give us beta numbers they wouldn't be completely accurate.

Wait, that's a grinning Charr? I thought he had a mouthful of carrots... kinda how the Charr are ashamed to eat strawberries. What a f---ed up race.

Wait, that's a grinning Charr? I thought he had a mouthful of carrots... kinda how the Charr are ashamed to eat strawberries. What a f---ed up race.
    Not intentionally. It looked like more of a snarl in the original picture. I didn't realize how much of a grin it looked like until I was touching up the picture.
    Then I thought about it, realized he'd be looking at my posts and grinning, and went "That'll do pig. That'll do."

Charr are a silly race. They have four ears!

AND ARE CATS.