Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    anyone an idea if Totalbiscuit is playing in the BWE or if he has abandoned GW2 altogether? I only see Secret World on his youtube-updates...
    As far as I'm aware he's still out travelling at the minute so no access to his proper PC or anything.

I don't think he'd abandon GW2 since it's his MMO of choice as he said

I'm really hoping they open the servers a few hours early like last time

Quote Originally Posted by alms1407 View Post
    I'm really hoping they open the servers a few hours early like last time
    that'd be great, im sure ill know when to go to other room and load it up through this thread :P

Deleted
    Guys, I just got another update. Might want to check it.

Also... so... close!

Deleted
    anyone an idea if Totalbiscuit is playing in the BWE or if he has abandoned GW2 altogether? I only see Secret World on his youtube-updates...
    I think he's stopped updating because there's now so many people in the beta, and so many providing videos. With that amount of coverage, I'm kinda glad he's bringing us other stuff to look at.

...not that I dont miss watching Frank play =(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    I think he's stopped updating because there's now so many people in the beta, and so many providing videos. With that amount of coverage, I'm kinda glad he's bringing us other stuff to look at.

...not that I dont miss watching Frank play =(
    Yeah as far as I know, he won't be putting out any new content because it's not exclusive anymore. He hasn't 'abandoned' the game, and if anyone thinks that way due to previous comments they take life to seriously.
    He'll play it at release most likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    He tends to only show videos of stuff others haven't seen, I've noticed. Which is why he avoided doing class spotlights - everybody did it, and it got boring to see the same thing done a dozen different ways.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

The guy has been streaming from E3 along with SE. Planetside 2. I am also sure he leads a life outside sitting by the computer as he has a wife and a kid (not his own by genes, but still). Can't expect him to turn his channel into a GW2 page. He made it big through WoW but he's smart enough to know that there is more longivity in publishing varied content. Up until this beta and from the last one he really hasn't had a need to add much else. He covered World PvP, several of the classes, PvE modes and general tidbits. Unless there's something entirely new for him to show he won't stress it, I think.

He may put up a short stream if he has time, but I really doubt it will be today.

Secret World is a pretty interesting concept, to be honest, and I understand why there is no point in him making an overflow of GW2 content which everyone can get elsewhere without a certain purpose behind it.
    Last edited by Atelniar; 2012-06-08 at 04:01 PM.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

A few days ago he said something along the lines of "Why show content that's not exclusive"; just because he hasn't released new videos of it doesn't mean he isn't playing the BWEs or going to play at release.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

He also mentioned in a TGS podcast how ridiculous GW2 fanboys could get, could be another reason he's avoiding putting too much GW2 content up.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    He also mentioned in a TGS podcast how ridiculous GW2 fanboys could get, could be another reason he's avoiding putting too much GW2 content up.
    Well, look at how people reacted when Jesse Cox said that GW2 was a great PvP game, but not the messiah og gaming. He's right.

Don't forget he likes to troll his fans/followers, especially if they try to insist on what he does and does not cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

I wonder how I would react if 1000 people insisted I should play Kirby-games. I'd probably have a fit of some sort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atelniar View Post
    Well, look at how people reacted when Jesse Cox said that GW2 was a great PvP game, but not the messiah og gaming. He's right.
    It had nothing to do with Jesse saying that GW2 was "not the messiah of gaming", it was that he passed judgement the game based on completely incorrect assumptions. He continually mentioned that "they said" GW2 was meant to be "random", which anyone who knows anything about GW2 knows that's not the case.

Perhaps Jesse Cox shouldn't have recorded the opinion of the person he did (Thomas or whatever). Claims like "The game is not what Anet promised" is pretty silly when Anet hasn't made any promises they haven't kept. It would be fair to say it does not live up to hype, but that can be said about any game to ever be released that has any sort of hype at all.

There's also the fact that the guy who Jesse was recording who had played "much more" than Jesse and Jesse claimed knew much more of the game didn't have any characters past level 17.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, if he doesn't want "fanboys" climbing all over him, he needs to get his facts straight. He's made the claim that GW2 will be his game of choice - at this point, he's just as much "fanboy" as anybody he calls a "fanboy" in his videos.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I'm also of the belief that if you have 300,000 people listening to the words you are saying, the words you are saying should be properly researched. If his evidence was properly researched and informed I would not care if he disliked the game. It seemed like he basically went onto a forum, found the biggest hype thread he could find, and anything in that thread that wasn't true he complained about. I don't expect him to know every little thing, but if you have 300k people listening to your opinion and possibly judging a game off of your opinion, your opinion should be at least somewhat informed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    It had nothing to do with Jesse saying that GW2 was "not the messiah of gaming", it was that he passed judgement the game based on completely incorrect assumptions. He continually mentioned that "they said" GW2 was meant to be "random", which anyone who knows anything about GW2 knows that's not the case.
    The devs never said it, but plenty of people did. That excuse is completely bollocks when you look at all the shit he got for it. His opinion of the game was not incorrect either (it's hard to make opinions incorrect, entirely at least). The PvP looks solid and while I disagree with his opinion somewhat I do not think GW2 is some messiah either. I doubt that many of those throwing him critique reacted because they are very "professional" and expect that from him. Plenty might have, but a large portion of those people probably reacted because he didn't hail the game as well. People make assumptions on a daily basis, so do you right here when you assume everyone yelled at him on those grounds. You don't actually know that.

The fact is that there's a very small percentage of people tossing that critique that would be able to avoid subjectivity or wrong assumptions while making such content. You and me included.

---------- Post added 2012-06-08 at 06:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I'm also of the belief that if you have 300,000 people listening to the words you are saying, the words you are saying should be properly researched. If his evidence was properly researched and informed I would not care if he disliked the game. It seemed like he basically went onto a forum, found the biggest hype thread he could find, and anything in that thread that wasn't true he complained about. I don't expect him to know every little thing, but if you have 300k people listening to your opinion and possibly judging a game off of your opinion, your opinion should be at least somewhat informed.
    It is easy to claim that for us who watch it, but would you really be able to do that yourself? To not thread on anyones toes somehow? I doubt it, that is why fanboys get that treatment from them. Out of all of those YT celeberities TB is probably the only one who puts a heavy amount of time into doing the research you here demand, and he is still despised for his opinion, often on groundless claims. You can't help but notice that there is a high possibility of fanboyism even if one can use his "professionalism" as an excuse. People always find an excuse to behave in a certain manner, afterall.

I also think that to demand special treatment and extreme professionalism of a title and that only, without knowing anything about the individual making the content and his approach, borders towards fanboyism. He gave his own opinion, not a review of the game, like it or not he has as much a right to that as all the random people praising the game for equally badly phrased reasons. No?