Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    There's ponies in my guild wars thread.

Do. Not. Like.
    ...stop it.

Seems my friend "Report Post" is coming out to play.

Norn have no need of ponies

That was a fast ban...

I love report button.

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    Norn have no need of ponies
    If you are bold enough, no pony will live forever.
    FC 2793-2016-8218 - Name: Suoma

Was about to post this in the now closed thread, and thought I'd post it here instead.

I hear alot of people saying they can play both WoW and GW2 because GW2 doesn't have a subscription fee, but if Arenanet manage to make the game they're aiming to make, people will either be too busy playing it to think it's worth paying the subscription for WoW, or will no longer be able to play WoW at all because it feels outdated in every way in comparisson.

Anyone agree/disagree?

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Was about to post this in the now closed thread, and thought I'd post it here instead.

I hear alot of people saying they can play both WoW and GW2 because GW2 doesn't have a subscription fee, but if Arenanet manage to make the game they're aiming to make, people will either be too busy playing it to think it's worth paying the subscription for WoW, or will no longer be able to play WoW at all because it feels outdated in every way in comparisson.

Anyone agree/disagree?
    Don't bring it into this thread please.

They can both live together, GW2 wants to run along side P2P games, since people who like raiding will still play them etc.

Lol im definitely not playing 2 MMOs at the same time so... just GW 2 please

Hey check it out i just changed my Location to "Divinity's Reach" how anxious am i?
    Last edited by Snakez; 2011-05-30 at 11:42 PM.

Anyone agree/disagree?
    Depends on the player i guess, I don't play wow anymore myself, tired of the same old stuff over and over
    If people enjoy wow, they should play it, bt gw2 will definitely be big enough to be your/my one and only mmo

Anyone agree/disagree?
    It depends, I would say mostly I would disagree with that notion.

My reasoning is that a lot of people like the "arms-race" style of game where your main goal is to upgrade their gear, GW can't supply them with that feeling so some might play both.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Don't bring it into this thread please.

They can both live together, GW2 wants to run along side P2P games, since people who like raiding will still play them etc.
    Fair enough! Can't say I understand people paying a subscription to just raid stale content repeatedly a few hours a week when they've got a shiny new MMO to explore, but it wouldn't suprise me!

---------- Post added 2011-05-31 at 12:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    It depends, I would say mostly I would disagree with that notion.

My reasoning is that a lot of people like the "arms-race" style of game where your main goal is to upgrade their gear, GW can't supply them with that feeling so some might play both.
    Ah, suppose that's true too.

Fair enough! Can't say I understand people paying a subscription to just raid stale content repeatedly a few hours a week when they've got a shiny new MMO to explore, but it wouldn't suprise me!
    Well theres no big raids like in WoW etc in GW2. 5man only as far as we know. So theres 1 reason some will play both, and like Maklor said, gear progression, unless people are happy with cosmetic only upgrades then maybe they would only play GW2.

Lots of people might not want to move simply because it will be a similar [themed] fantasy game where they'll have to start over from scratch, so may not seem worth their time dropping WoW. I know some guilds move games together though.

Im planning to collect all the HoM points from GW2 to be prepared for GW 3

Quote Originally Posted by Snakez View Post
    Im planning to collect all the HoM points from GW2 to be prepared for GW 3
    If you were here I'd slap you with a giant wet fish!

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    If you were here I'd slap you with a giant wet fish!
    I manually dodge with a double click to the left

Even though I know Guild Wars 2 doesn't have the meaningless "pre-buffs" WoW does, and that alot of the gameplay will include mixing your skills with your partners', I still think 2 more skil slots would be just perfect.

Even so, I think I'm in for a pleasant surprise, because to be fair, the meaningful skills you use on any given WoW's spec are very few.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Well, I can't speak for people still playing WoW, but I have no problem giving TOR a small sum each month to give me that game, and then keep GW2 for casual fun. Both games will be huge and different enough to keep me wanting more from each.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Well, I can't speak for people still playing WoW, but I have no problem giving TOR a small sum each month to give me that game, and then keep GW2 for casual fun. Both games will be huge and different enough to keep me wanting more from each.
    Yeah, that I can understand, since SWTOR will be new and exciting to explore. But WoW on the other hand, it's ooooollllldddd!!!