I do know the racials haven't been released yet, thats why Im going to wait until more info is released about both races and classes before I choose what kind of character I want to be. If racials can be used during combat and if they are not purely cosmetical they will have some kind of effect on gameplay, and Im willing to bet that racials will infact be usable in combat and not purely cosmetic.

Hopefully they dont wait another 1 and a half month before releasing more info about GW2, I know theres gonna be alot when they attent the comic-con in july(?) but hopefully they will release something before that

Anyway Im off to bed now

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzcon2011 View Post
    Nah there's no videos, but its like what you see in movies n such, where theres 2 balls attached by a chain and when the chain hits someone's legs it wraps around them and immobilizes them.
    I wonder if it will make the target knock down

Quote Originally Posted by Snakez View Post
    I wonder if it will make the target knock down
    Hopefully, otherwise it would be kinda weird.

I can't wait to beat up big bookahs in my even bigger golem

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzcon2011 View Post
    On topic: Yes i have already decided that im playing a Guardian and Warrior and they are both going to be support based. I MIGHT role a elementalist at one point, the other professions are classes i usually stay away from in mmo's.
    Yeah just pigeonhole yourself into a role, that's really in the spirit of the game /sigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaint View Post
    Am I really the only one who will choose my race depending on their racial abilities, no matter how the starting zone or looks are?
    I certainly hope so.

I'm definitely rolling a Charr Guardian, looks like a really fun class to play. The graphics are amazing in Guild Wars 2, I'm impressed!

[QUOTE=Snakez;11679952]I wonder how many ppl just read what we write and dont even have an account o.O

Have you! yes you! go make an account now!

I created an account but don't post a lot considering most of my questions are answered usually from reading through the pages. I posted quite a few pages back once but have been content atm with reading through each post as they come in. And yes, I check this on a daily basis. Has become a normal routine for me now daily.

As you can tell by quoting you that I'm kinda new to this forum and it's controls. It didn't exactly put the quote in the way I normally see the quotes put up. Not sure how to change that yet.
    Last edited by Lathrall; 2011-05-31 at 03:51 AM.

Lol i wrote "Have" it was supposed to be "Hey" xD

And you failed to quote xD

It has become a normal routine for me too. The last pages are flooded with my replys lol

I did fail on the quote but thankfully I can read the thread like a champ

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Yeah just pigeonhole yourself into a role, that's really in the spirit of the game /sigh
    I doubt it's really going to be like that. For instance, right now I have no intention of rolling a guardian or ranger, but I'm sure I'll eventually roll one out of curiosity. When I first got WoW, I planned to only make 2-3 classes, now I've played all 10.

I've already picked out being a thief as my profession but still waiting on the changes being made to the sylvari to see what they look like before I decide on race.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    I doubt it's really going to be like that. For instance, right now I have no intention of rolling a guardian or ranger, but I'm sure I'll eventually roll one out of curiosity. When I first got WoW, I planned to only make 2-3 classes, now I've played all 10.
    Well my point was he not only already picked his profession, he also picked a specific role for it... which is kinda against the spirit of the game.

And a lot of people devote their time to once char, like you I don't do "mains" I find it boring.

Well my point was he not only already picked his profession, he also picked a specific role for it... which is kinda against the spirit of the game.

And a lot of people devote their time to once char, like you I don't do "mains" I find it boring.
    You can choose how you want to play your character now, but there's no telling how it will end up. I'm planning to go Mace/Mace Warrior, and mainly be controlling, but when GW2 does release, I might not go Mace/Mace, I may change my mind.

He may be planning to play primarily support, but ya never know which play-style you'll enjoy the most

I don't get why anyone would limit themselves when you don't have to.

I don't get why anyone would limit themselves when you don't have to.
    That's true, no point in only using certain classes/weapons, when there's no drawback to making all the classes, and trying out all the weapons.

Coming from FFXI being my first true MMO, I leveled so many different classes in that game I never did cap out before another MMO came and pulled me away. When I went into WoW, I made a promise I would be capping out a class before moving on to another one before I started it.
    It worked out well, and I felt I learned to play the class well imo, then I decided to change it over and have changed my main a few times with the release of each expansion.
    With GW2 that will be my goal yet again. Just a form of policing myself to keep on track and enjoy the profession I have chosen to the fullest. i have a few capped characters I have stuck with now and have others to level up a bit more til cap when I feel it is getting stale to me.
    Thankfully though, ArenaNet is making it more fun to level and I won't be in any rush to get to 80 with the amount of story, exploration, and dynamic events they are packing into this game.
    Can't wait to dig into it.

Even in WoW I'm an altoholic, I have all classes at 80+ (12 in total since I have two druids and shaman) 6 of them are 85.

One thing I dread, when the game is out for a bit, people are gonna be going the route of dictating how classes should be played in a party situation.

Well that's going to be the challenge, but for the really hard content I don't think it will apply (I'm talking dungeons here).

Ideally everyone will have to do everything for encounters to succeed, by that I mean having some char being dedicated protector shouldn't be possible, and one way to make sure of that is to make encounters require a certain amount of DPS done or you'll get overrun and/or some kind of boss enrage.

A challenge that will be interesting to see everyone evolve from for sure. My fiance is a prime example of that. She loves healing in WoW, and when I told her about the holy trinity going away in this, she gave me a puzzled look and at the same time she was surprised that she wouldn't be stuck watching health bars in events and dungeons.