10+ Year Old Account
    Lol! Thanks Mothhive.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Any info about being able to pre download the game?

I don't think they've announced anything like that yet. Personally I'm hoping for a pre-download option, maybe with the ability to pre-create your characters before release. Advance access to the character creater would be a fun couple of days... well, for me at least! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    I don't think they've announced anything like that yet. Personally I'm hoping for a pre-download option, maybe with the ability to pre-create your characters before release. Advance access to the character creater would be a fun couple of days... well, for me at least! :P
    I would love that so much. Have all classes ready to go before the games out

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    I would love that so much. Have all classes ready to go before the games out
    If they did it, it wouldn't allow naming of the character, only looks. They did it for Aion or something before so it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    If they did it, it wouldn't allow naming of the character, only looks. They did it for Aion or something before so it is possible.
    Yeah, kinda assumed that they wouldn't allow saving names, but as long as there is a convenient way to save the appearance of the characters you create, I'd be happy. Love tweaking every option I can to perfection so my character looks just as I want them. Was probably the best part about Aion!

I do remember a statement made saying that people with GW1 and Eye of the North will have their character names saved for GW2 due to that linking with the Hall of Monuments

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiemike168 View Post
    I do remember a statement made saying that people with GW1 and Eye of the North will have their character names saved for GW2 due to that linking with the Hall of Monuments
    Yea. If your chacracter has accessed HoM in EotN that characters name is saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakuzo View Post
    So guys what kind of player are you going to be? And why?
    Explorer
    PvE
    PvP (structured or WvWvW?)
    Altoholic
    ???
    I'd classify myself as explorer/killer, so almost everything I've heard about Guild Wars 2's gameplay systems is droolworthy.

If I had to pick only one activity though, it would be WvWvW.

Does that specific character have to have accessed HoM, or any character on the account? 'Cause I am gonna have to level a LOT of alts to reserve names if it's the former

Also, what level would I need to go to EoTN and access the HoM? I'm already levelling my GW1 "main" and am gonna level another to 20 in pre-searing . . . was thinking that might be enough but there are a couple more names I'd like to reserve
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

depends on what campaign your in. For nightfall you need to be lvl 10. For Factions you need to get to Kaeining Center. For Prophecies you need to reach Lions Arch and lvl 10.

Great looking game.

Absolutely no WoW killer.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Who even cares about that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapho View Post
    Does that specific character have to have accessed HoM, or any character on the account? 'Cause I am gonna have to level a LOT of alts to reserve names if it's the former

Also, what level would I need to go to EoTN and access the HoM? I'm already levelling my GW1 "main" and am gonna level another to 20 in pre-searing . . . was thinking that might be enough but there are a couple more names I'd like to reserve
    There no confirmation anywhere as to how name reserving through HoM works. Weather every char has to go to get the names isn't sourced anywhere, and neither is if only one char went.

The answer on FAQ is : Can I play my original Guild Wars character in Guild Wars 2?

Guild Wars 2 is a whole new game with different professions and races, new technology, and expanded gameplay. It is not possible to directly use an original Guild Wars character.

However, your original Guild Wars character names will be reserved for your use in Guild Wars 2. The Hall of Monuments in Guild Wars 2 recognizes the accomplishments commemorated by your original Guild Wars characters and provides you with unique rewards to showcase those achievements.

Most people at uncertain as to how it works, since we've no confirmation. So to be safe it's best to take all your characters there.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Great looking game.

Thanks once again for bringing up WoW killer, when nobody claims it to be. Only a WoW fan, claims it to be a WoW killer.

Good

cause my warrior's name is my first char created on GW, glad to keep it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... just thought about this in Ally chat but...

My engineer is going to be a Sylvarri. Why? Because fuck you. That's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    So... just thought about this in Ally chat but...

My engineer is going to be a Sylvarri. Why? Because fuck you. That's why.
    you dont give a fuck, i like it

10+ Year Old Account
    Plant man + flame thrower = problems

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    gonna set himself on fire. hah

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Its clearly not a good idea cuz its super-effective