Those are Charr weapons indeed, at least the lower part i know for sure is

Sylvari weapons anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    I think rifles / pistols are awesome. Love the steampunk feeling.

Some "clockwork"/animated weapons mentioned on the video below. Charr weapons?
    That's the rifle my Charr had!
    Not sure why the 'bigger image' is so small. Imgur decided it hates me.

I pegged it as an Asura weapon due to the swirly designs and floating scope.. but according to the concept art the scope isn't meant to float. Curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadeth View Post
    Does each race get different models for a given piece of gear? Like, would Greatsword of Amazingness have a different model if a charr wielded it vs an asura?
    I'm 90% sure that the item looks the same no matter who is wearing it but the way in which they hold their weapons looks different.

Quote Originally Posted by alms1407 View Post
    I'm 90% sure that the item looks the same no matter who is wearing it but the way in which they hold their weapons looks different.
    Agreed, pretty sure that only applies to armor if anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Sylvari weapons anyone?
    Spear gun:

Trident:

Go check artist Brian Lawver's pages, there is loads of more GW2 art:
    Sample of professional work from GW2 and Some more work stuff

One more fan art set:
    Last edited by mmoce60d2079f6; 2012-06-20 at 05:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Rangers can't use rifles, silly.
    which make no sense at all, if you can shoot a bow you should know how to shoot a rifle imo, or should i say.. have the capability to learn.
    Last edited by mmoc2f42a3101f; 2012-06-20 at 05:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    Spear gun:
    [url=http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n201/hk_2/GW2/SpearGunSylvari.jpg]

pff

that thing will fall apart if it shoots.

silly plants

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    which make no sense at all, if you can shoot a bow you should know how to shoot a rifle imo.
    Contrary to prior belief, handling a bow is nothing like handling a rifle. =P

Deleted
    True, but if i can learn how to use them both, why shouldent i be able to ingame is a charr or an asura or any other race ingame dumber then a irl human...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, shooting a rifle is much easier.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Sylvari swords looks absolutely amazing.

Deleted
    True, but if i can learn how to use them both, why shouldent i be able to ingame is a charr or an asura or any other race ingame dumber then a irl human...
    bwell if im able to use daggers as an elementalist I should know how to use swords too herdadurrp

Every profession using every weapon would be difficult for Anet to implement, and would probably result in them having boring filler weapons.. since that logic can be applied to any weapon in the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    bwell if im able to use daggers as an elementalist I should know how to use swords too herdadurrp
    Actually yea, you should learning both of them shouldent be impossible, just maybe a challenge ^_^

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 07:39 PM ----------

Every profession using every weapon would be difficult for Anet to implement, and would probably result in them having boring filler weapons.. since that logic can be applied to any weapon in the game.
    I know! im just speaking about logic, if i can ride a horse, learning how to ride a donkey shouldent be impossible

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 07:41 PM ----------

Also, new stuff http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/inte...-weapon-models

10+ Year Old Account
    Using a dagger and using a sword are two extremely different tasks when it comes to combat.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Using a dagger and using a sword are two extremely different tasks when it comes to combat.
    As a caster?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Oh, you dont say? STILL not an impossible task to learn both ^_^ but yes as Delias said, it would be difficult for Anet to pull it off if any class could learn to use any weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    As a caster?
    You have to wave your arms around in a VERY particular way. I would know, I'm a wizard IRL.

But seriously they could be saving some Professions/Weapon combos for x packs.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    But seriously they could be saving some Professions/Weapon combos for x packs.
    This I could see. In addition to other weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    This I could see. In addition to other weapons.
    I believe 2-handed axes were "technically" confirmed for expansion content in the AMA on Reddit.

Not to mention the bit about giving Engineers more options in the future, surely that would be the same case with other professions as well.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)