Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Warcraft usually looked like complete shit, yea.

"Looks like some vomited a box of Crayola all over this game."- My sister when first playing WoW. Pretty accurate. IMO.
    Hah! I like that description. The aesthetics of some of the environments look pretty good I think. The character models and armor associated with them are so fugly though. Anyway, there are many that enjoy that style. I do remember taking a break for a while when AoC came out. I returned back there a few months later and literally my head hurt on how bad it looked (just my opinion mind you).

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    A lot of not good. <snip>
    Dude. You are still arguing from a POV based on what you find acceptable. Which is fine as SquirrelBanes did as a well. Totally cool. Not sure why it matters speaking on design and feature though.

It is not opinion GW2 has a very limited vanity system in the competing market. Yet you stated erroneously GW2 has a wealth of options even in direct comparison to other games. Point by point it can be shown objectively and unequivocally.

That one think it's all good because a mage wearing a top hat in battle is silly is of no importance to any sensible discussion on features or design. Truly, whatever. Gamers are usually garbage as an audience.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    No, scared she'll get pissed about me "stealing" her class (again).
    *eyes Shaman*
    That's pretty much what I said. =P
    I'm assuming you wouldn't continue playing it if you didn't like it.

I wonder how many elder dragons there might be in the rest of the world.

Though to guess wildly, I'm still crossing my fingers that this all has something to do with the bloodstones and the gods and whatnot.
    I doubt that's correct since the bloodstones were made by the Human Gods, well after the dragons were asleep. Unless you mean them coming to Tyria (continent) is related...which might be possible, though I always thought they were located generally in the vicinity (while asleep) of Tyria (continent).

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Interesting though.
    Thought? I'm confused.

Either why, I've been thinking it for a while. Can't find the thread where I first mentioned it (probably went off-topic ranting about it somewhere), but I can't help but notice that the (current) number of elder dragons matches the number of bloodstone pieces.

I keep hoping they add more elder dragons and prove me wrong - the only thing more awesome than a giant dragon, is two giant dragons.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I find Dragons...a bit boring. I want a villain like Galactus.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Hah! I like that description. The aesthetics of some of the environments look pretty good I think. The character models and armor associated with them are so fugly though. Anyway, there are many that enjoy that style. I do remember taking a break for a while when AoC came out. I returned back there a few months later and literally my head hurt on how bad it looked (just my opinion mind you).
    Personally speaking, I can't stand Warcraft's aesthetics. Highly subjective so I don't bring it up much, but truth be told... I do not enjoy Warcraft as a game. I admire WoW in some regards as it is a godly feat of design and an obvious success. To play? Strictly on subjective/enjoyment terms; it's a well made game, but not really for me. Kinda boring! XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    I doubt that's correct since the bloodstones were made by the Human Gods, well after the dragons were asleep. Unless you mean them coming to Tyria (continent) is related...which might be possible, though I always thought they were located generally in the vicinity (while asleep) of Tyria (continent).
    I've mentioned it before: The elder dragons were part of the world already. Everything I've seen suggests that magic, as well, was part of the world before the gods showed up.

Then the gods meddled - they spread magic around to more peoples, more cultures, and the inhabitants of the world are becoming more powerful in magic. They created the bloodstones, but people are still getting more and more magically powerful, and now technology is helping to pick up the slack as well.
    It's been said in one of the lore blogs ANet posted that the jotun used to be a highly civilized and powerful race, both technologically and magically, and then... something happened to cause their downfall. It hasn't been said what, but now we have the jotun of today - savage brutes.
    It's also worth noting that the bloodstone shards represent the four schools of magic, and the keystone, which are not concepts that necessarily have to be unique to the bloodstone shards.

---------- Post added 2012-06-26 at 01:31 PM ----------

Dude. You are still arguing from a POV based on what you find acceptable.
    So are you. Hypocrite! :O

Yet you stated erroneously GW2 has a wealth of options even in direct comparison to other games.
    Compared to WoW... it definitely does!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Well wow pretty much served as an interactive expensive chat room for 5 of the 6 years I played it pretty much.

I find Dragons...a bit boring. I want a villain like Galactus.
    What about Cthulhu Frankenstein Elder Primordial Demigod Dragons?

Hmm, that is an interesting concept.

I've mentioned it before: The elder dragons were part of the world already. Everything I've seen suggests that magic, as well, was part of the world before the gods showed up.

Then the gods meddled - they spread magic around to more peoples, more cultures, and the inhabitants of the world are becoming more powerful in magic. They created the bloodstones, but people are still getting more and more magically powerful, and now technology is helping to pick up the slack as well.
    It's been said in one of the lore blogs ANet posted that the jotun used to be a highly civilized and powerful race, both technologically and magically, and then... something happened to cause their downfall. It hasn't been said what, but now we have the jotun of today - savage brutes.
    It's also worth noting that the bloodstone shards represent the four schools of magic, and the keystone, which are not concepts that necessarily have to be unique to the bloodstone shards.
    Technically it was Abaddon who meddled and spread magic, and the other gods who split it among the bloodstones at the request of King Doric. We don't know how the bloodstones have fared over the last 250 years; is it possible their effect has been negated due to the wakening of the elder dragons? I doubt we'll find out in the GW2 release, but hopefully in an expansion (as they said the bloodstones won't play a role in the initial release).

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    What about Cthulhu Frankenstein Elder Primordial Demigod Dragons?
    Bolted tempels, squidfaced, wrinkled like a prune, (no idea how that would look!), radiant, big lizard-ish creature.....what a bookah! XD

---------- Post added 2012-06-26 at 08:58 PM ----------

Hmm, that is an interesting concept.

And pretty fun too!

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Technically it was Abaddon who meddled and spread magic, and the other gods who split it among the bloodstones at the request of King Doric. We don't know how the bloodstones have fared over the last 250 years; is it possible their effect has been negated due to the wakening of the elder dragons? I doubt we'll find out in the GW2 release, but hopefully in an expansion (as they said the bloodstones won't play a role in the initial release).
    I predict it'll be for the Mursaat expansion.

So are you. Hypocrite! :O
    I'm actually fine with it! Ofc. I wish the vanity system was more robust, but I don't think that opinion is anymore useful than saying I wish the hp globe were purple. Don't have a lot of gripes with GW2 that reduce the way I enjoy the game. Pretty fun game. Personally speaking, of course.

GW2 still carries Anet's penchant for sloppy & poorly implemented systems just as the first. Anet are sorta AA devs with AAA exposure. When I see a core or supporting system in GW2 of dubious merit, I point it out all the same as any other game.

Fencers and her labels

---------- Post added 2012-06-26 at 01:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I predict it'll be for the Mursaat expansion.
    I so hope for one

Fencers and her labels

---------- Post added 2012-06-26 at 01:01 PM ----------

I so hope for one
    They're already confirmed for GW2. \o/

Good deal. Don't happen to have the source for that do you? Not that I don't believe you but...

Edit: Found it on the wiki. They have some real cool plans for them, that's about all they said about it

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish the vanity system was more robust
    Honestly, the only way I could see it being more robust is if they brought character creation up to the level of that one game I kept seeing linked, APB Reloaded (?). Or at least Skyrim.

The vanity system after character creation specifically, I can't see being improved that much. They could improve how transmutation stones work (destroying the original, wtf?), but I just know I'm significantly happier with the vanity system in GW2 than in other games I've experienced.

I've personally fully loathed the idea of lollipop chainsaw type characters. In some worlds and genres it's hilarious and even bad-ass, but I dislike seeing it in my fantasy worlds much as Delias hates seeing guns in fantasy worlds. The difference (imo, obviously) is that I don't feel it belongs at all - a girl running around in schoolgirl outfits or evening wear while swinging around a massive greatsword? No thanks - not in a fantasy world like this!
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-06-26 at 07:11 PM.

Good deal. Don't happen to have the source for that do you? Not that I don't believe you but...

Edit: Found it on the wiki. They have some real cool plans for them, that's about all they said about it
    That's the interview I was looking for. It was the only actual direct confirmation.

We also have Isles of Janthir confirmed, and the Seers will be making a sort of appearance in some form as well. Hopefully we can assume the bloodstones will appear based off that.

edit: http://www.guildmag.com/gmblitz-lore...ith-jeff-grubb

Bloodstone's "may have a role to play." Confirmed?

GuildMag: In the original Guild Wars we’ve already seen three of the five bloodstones, will we be able to find the other two and could you tell us some more about them?

Jeff Grubb: We are not revealing what has become of the Bloodstones yet, but they may have an influence in future expansions.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-06-26 at 07:13 PM.