10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I decided to use die in the same way that people generally do when talking about a new MMO.
    "Less than 1.5mil subs? dead game is dead."
    Or in GW2's case.. "Less than 1.5mil people have logged on in the last month? Dead game is dead."
    I just think it's premature to predict that we'll have such a relatively low active playerbase. :O!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I just think it's premature to predict that we'll have such a relatively low active playerbase. :O!
    I didn't say it would be anytime soon. I specifically said "at a much slower rate". If you think that the same amount of people will be playing GW2 3 years from now as will be 1month after launch you're pretty damn optimistic.

I didn't say it would be anytime soon. I specifically said "at a much slower rate". If you think that the same amount of people will be playing GW2 3 years from now as will be 1month after launch you're pretty damn optimistic.
    Why not? WoW is still running with a sub fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Why not? WoW is still running with a sub fee.
    That's nice. I'm going to bed now.
    I hope more people misquote me thinking that I said that GW2's servers will shut down and the apocalypse will happen by the time I wake up.

I hope more people misquote me thinking that I said that GW2's servers will shut down and the apocalypse will happen by the time I wake up.
    STILL RUNNING WITH A STRONGER BASE THAN IT HAD WHEN IT LAUNCHED.

There.

The passage of time stops when you go to sleep, Delias. You should know this by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    STILL RUNNING WITH A STRONGER BASE THAN IT HAD WHEN IT LAUNCHED.

There.
    After a game hits it's peak, it steadily declines. The peak may not be right after launch, but at some point in time the game will have significantly less of a playerbase than it had at it's peak, and generally that number continues to get smaller regardless of occasional spikes. If you think that GW2's playerbase will never decline in numbers from the peak and will continue to endlessly grow, you are going to be sadly mistaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I'm not Kreskin and I don't care one iota as to how well this fares against WoW or anything else, it is still the best game out their for those of us who hate the trinity, raiding, gear over skill and love the style of GW2. That in itself will keep enough people playing in my mind, at least everyone I know looking to break away from that style MMO. Don't forget why people sought this out in the first place and why it has such a rabid fan-base, their are very few high quality alternatives out there that aren't built around the tired old carrot on a stick design.

After a game hits it's peak, it steadily declines. The peak may not be right after launch, but at some point in time the game will have significantly less of a playerbase than it had at it's peak, and generally that number continues to get smaller regardless of occasional spikes. If you think that GW2's playerbase will never decline in numbers from the peak and will continue to endlessly grow, you are going to be sadly mistaken.
    I just said that I believe it will get a stronger base than when it launched at a point, and not have it's peak at launch and then just fall over the years from that. WoW had a peak in WOTLK too.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2012-06-29 at 09:24 PM.

This interview already been linked? http://www.guildwars2junkies.com/201...-eric-flannum/

There is a distinct possibility that we’ll see one or both of those races in a BWE, but we haven’t locked down the content yet, so I can’t really confirm or deny anything at this time. -- Eric Flannum
    Sorry if this was posted.

Deleted
    I'm NOT going to play Asura in the final BWE. Must resist.....aaarrrghhhh....

10+ Year Old Account
    Hrm. Think I'll go enjoy some Sylvari if they end up being playable. But then again... maybe everybody else is going to do that, too. Maybe I'll just stick to my Thief and have a blast.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gombar View Post
    I see you caving, if only to create a character that you wouldn't log on. Just one to... customize appearance and see the name attached to it.
    God knows I would if the dev's released a favorite race after with holding for so long.
    Go on.... you know you want to....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cig View Post
    I see you caving, if only to create a character that you wouldn't log on. Just one to... customize appearance and see the name attached to it.
    God knows I would if the dev's released a favorite race after with holding for so long.
    Go on.... you know you want to....
    I REALLY want to! BUT!!!! IF I do, then that is going to spoil one of the main things that I have set for myself, as I want to experience the Asura strating area as crisp as can be done. Sooooo...I'm properbly go play on my Thief or Ele in Queensdale or start (another Human) Engineeer/Necro... but..arrghhh..Asura.... D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphyjj View Post
    I don't get the whole Asura thing, I mean they're cute I'll give you that. I guess I just never felt like rp'ing as an anthropomorphic Chihuahua xD
    How dare you!! O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Raphyjj View Post
    I don't get the whole Asura thing, I mean they're cute I'll give you that. I guess I just never felt like rp'ing as an anthropomorphic Chihuahua xD
    I guess the game just isn't for u.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if Asura and Sylvari are released next BWE i wont be playing them, i dont want the zones etc ruined for my headstart.. i like surprises DAMN IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    Well if Asura and Sylvari are released next BWE i wont be playing them, i dont want the zones etc ruined for my headstart.. i like surprises DAMN IT!
    Same. Saving as much as possible for release, especially asura. I'm only doing human zones in the BWEs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gombar View Post
    There's no way I'd be able to resist making an Asura to play, especially when I see other players running around as one, so I'd make one and immediately go to LA via the Mists. That way I won't spoil any content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah crap, good point Mif, perhaps i just won't play the beta at all... must resist spoilers..