Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    concept art for GW2

yes that is much better, still he needs more... this is more of what he should be like.

Deleted
    he makes me think of the dragon priests in skyrim

Deleted
    http://www.arena.net/blog/5-coupon-f...80%99s-edition

5$ coupon for the games soundtrack via CE
    Well well, I already bought it a week ago and I hope it'll be in my mailbox soonish! (Haven't bought the CE so I personally don't care about the coupon)

Just finished my 4th read-through of Edge of Destiny.

Fuck Logan.

going to have a charr mule to lug around all of my items

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    yes that is much better, still he needs more... this is more of what he should be like.
    Needs more... Jafar!

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post

Fuck Logan.
    I can't see why you'd ever re-read that book that many times. At the very least, I'd quit reading before those particular chapters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    http://www.arena.net/blog/5-coupon-f...80%99s-edition

5$ coupon for the games soundtrack via CE
    Well well, I already bought it a week ago and I hope it'll be in my mailbox soonish! (Haven't bought the CE so I personally don't care about the coupon)
    Uh this is rather interesting.
    I wonder if it will apply to CE in Europe (Should, but yeah...) and if they'll ever have a Digital Version of the Soundtrack. (I don't want the cds, I really would like the music )

Quote Originally Posted by BlairPhoenix View Post
    I can't see why you'd ever re-read that book that many times. At the very least, I'd quit reading before those particular chapters.
    It's light, easy reading...and I enjoy the light-hearted sections.
    Kinda an escape......I don't want to read Tolstoy or the Unbearable Lightness of Being in the evenings after work and the baby finally sleeps lol.

I'd quit reading before the first time Logan and Rytlock meet. Became too trusting too quickly, terribly written first meeting in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it seems my complete assumption that the writer is terrible is spot on?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I'd quit reading before the first time Logan and Rytlock meet. Became too trusting too quickly, terribly written first meeting in my opinion.
    Blame Caithe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Really bad. The worse was Caithe's eyerolling "You too are just alike!" pokey-poke. Oh god. /gag

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Blame Caithe.
    They were jokingly making fun of each other and having a grand ol' time before she came along. Too many compliments for a fight between two races that have been at war for 250 years. As I've said before, try to imagine fist fighting a Nazi and laughing along with him and having a happy conversation while doing so. Now try to imagine the fight with the Nazi's lasted 250 years. They became friendly WAY too quickly, especially while in the heat of battle.

Fuck Logan.
    I agree

It's light, easy reading...and I enjoy the light-hearted sections.
    Kinda an escape......I don't want to read Tolstoy or the Unbearable Lightness of Being in the evenings after work and the baby finally sleeps lol.
    Re-read Ghosts of Ascalon then. At least it's writing is bearable. And it had a decently satisfying conclusion. Edge of Destiny is just....really really bad.

Re-read Ghosts of Ascalon then. At least it's writing is bearable. And it had a decently satisfying conclusion. Edge of Destiny is just....really really bad.
    Plus it has Ember. One of the better written Charr in GW2 lore so far. Not saying much, her competition is mostly Rytlock.

They were jokingly making fun of each other and having a grand ol' time before she came along. Too many compliments for a fight between two races that have been at war for 250 years. As I've said before, try to imagine fist fighting a Nazi and laughing along with him and having a happy conversation while doing so. Now try to imagine the fight with the Nazi's lasted 250 years. They became friendly WAY too quickly, especially while in the heat of battle.
    I think the intent was for the scene where they met to feel like Helm's Deep, but didn't have the pages to actually develop that feeling. I dunno, the bantering seemed along the lines of Gimli's and Legolas' "Orc kill count", but too soon after meeting (when they should've still been distrustful)

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    I think the intent was for the scene where they met to feel like Helm's Deep, but didn't have the pages to actually develop that feeling. I dunno, the bantering seemed along the lines of Gimli's and Legolas' "Orc kill count", but too soon after meeting (when they should've still been distrustful)
    They could have had their battle without the banter and not gotten friendly until they HAD to fight together. They were being friendly before they even had to be friendly to defend themselves, seemed silly to me. Anyways, the pacing in that book was stupid in general. Killed like 8 Dragon Champions per chapter later in the book. >.>

They could have had their battle without the banter and not gotten friendly until they HAD to fight together. They were being friendly before they even had to be friendly to defend themselves, seemed silly to me. Anyways, the pacing in that book was stupid in general. Killed like 8 Dragon Champions per chapter later in the book. >.>
    Yep, the writing was horrible, but it was a good story, better than I'd expect for a book based on a video game.