Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Not directly. And that's fine if you don't believe me, it doesn't make any difference to me.
    And it doesn't make any difference to me if someone who doesn't work for the company spews out false information. It makes you look bad, not anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Edge i dislike your new avatar lol.

And every week this argument starts up about the mesmer its getting old
    ;_;

You don't like moe little Noel?

There has been enormous amounts of hints (most notably in their book) that it will be a Mesmer. It most likely will not keep the same mesmer mechanics from gw1, but will probably retain its name at the very least. My own guesses would think that it will have heavy illusion like attributes as mentioned in EoD.

Ofcourse nothing has been confirmed 100%, but given that their own material states such a class exists should add to whatever speculative value it may hold.
    Last edited by aej; 2011-06-08 at 09:21 PM.

In addition to that aej, the last profession will be a returning one from GW. Monks, Paragons, and Dervish aren't returning (a lot of their mechanics have been absorbed into the new professions), Warriors, Elementalist, Necromancers, and Rangers are in. Assassins have been made into the Thief. That leaves the Mesmer and Ritualist. Some of the Ritualists mechanics have been put into the new professions but it could still be in. All of the book hints, puns by the developers, and overall impressions just scream for the next profession to be the Mesmer. However, all of this has been discussed ad nauseum. So we'll just wait and see for sure what's coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    In addition to that aej, the last profession will be a returning one from GW. Monks, Paragons, and Dervish aren't returning (a lot of their mechanics have been absorbed into the new professions), Warriors, Elementalist, Necromancers, and Rangers are in. Assassins have been made into the Thief. That leaves the Mesmer and Ritualist. Some of the Ritualists mechanics have been put into the new professions but it could still be in. All of the book hints, puns by the developers, and overall impressions just scream for the next profession to be the Mesmer. However, all of this has been discussed ad nauseum. So we'll just wait and see for sure what's coming up.
    You don't know how much I will laugh if the last profession ends up not being the mesmer xD.

Quote Originally Posted by HaruGlory View Post
    You don't know how much I will laugh if the last profession ends up not being the mesmer xD.
    A lot of people will laugh/cry if the last profession isn't mesmer.

But it is. And if anyone wants to make bets about it I'll take them up on it :P

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    A lot of people will laugh/cry if the last profession isn't mesmer.

But it is. And if anyone wants to make bets about it I'll take them up on it :P
    Sure. I'll wage you $100. U.S. currency only.

what's so good/important about it being a mesmer?

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    what's so good/important about it being a mesmer?
    Mesmer's were the "anti-class" in Guild Wars. They would lock you down and then own the hell out of you (or someone else would). They required skills and timing but god damn if they weren't annoying.

---

I have a question regarding the Sylvari. They're supposed to be the "elf" race of the game but they all look green to me. Is that just how they are? Or can you be normal colored too? Because I might make my character a Sylvari instead of a Human but I don't want to be a pseudo-Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by ErrantBlood View Post
    Mesmer's were the "anti-class" in Guild Wars. They would lock you down and then own the hell out of you (or someone else would). They required skills and timing but god damn if they weren't annoying.

---

I have a question regarding the Sylvari. They're supposed to be the "elf" race of the game but they all look green to me. Is that just how they are? Or can you be normal colored too? Because I might make my character a Sylvari instead of a Human but I don't want to be a pseudo-Hulk.
    I would assume their skin and hair color could be changed. The Sylvari are a plant race. They are born from the fruit of a tree called the Pale Tree which is why they have greenish look to them. Caithe has silver hair and a pinkish/pale tone skin so im sure you can make them non green =)

Quote Originally Posted by zombiemike168 View Post
    I would assume their skin and hair color could be changed. The Sylvari are a plant race. They are born from the fruit of a tree called the Pale Tree which is why they have greenish look to them. Caithe has silver hair and a pinkish/pale tone skin so im sure you can make them non green =)
    Plants... Elves... what? I think the folks at ArenaNet failed Sex Ed.

Sure. I'll wage you $100. U.S. currency only.
    Wager accepted.

Plants... Elves... what? I think the folks at ArenaNet failed Sex Ed.
    The only relation to elves are the fact that they are a nature loving race(for obvious reasons). They are also a brand new race to the world. Think they came into existence about 25-30 years before GW2 starts. No one not even themselves know the reason for their sudden existence.

Quote Originally Posted by zombiemike168 View Post
    The only relation to elves are the fact that they are a nature loving race(for obvious reasons). They are also a brand new race to the world. Think they came into existence about 25-30 years before GW2 starts. No one not even themselves know the reason for their sudden existence.
    Thank you for missing the joke.

Thank you for missing the joke.
    i got the joke just saw an opening to explain on them more. been awake for 17 hours my witty side is about all ran out =P

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    It will be a Mesmer. While all of those gameplay mechanic changes are true, snowy, the concept of the Mesmer can still be intact (if you go by their GW description anyway). In any case, a good blog post about the last profession is here, he makes some good points.

The 8th
    As I stated before:

"So given it won't have the things that made a Mesmer so loved, why would anyone that loved the GW1 Mesmer want something that is so far removed from it to hold that name? That would be no different than calling something like the Engineer a Mesmer even though it doesn't fit what made a Mesmer a Mesmer either. "

I read over the link again it does all of 0% in showing how the Mesmer will be in GW2. The person who wrote the article is desperately grasping at straws. They just guess and can't really explain the skills in the slightest. They use the name of GW1 Mesmer skills that could relate to a condition that does not fit the Mesmer. Even their talk on weapon skills is.... not talk on the skills but rather coming up with Illusionary Weapon that changes your weapon skills with speculation that would allow you to alter chosen weapons. They have no bases for any of their claims, it's all just hopes and nothing more. So out of the ballpark speculation doesn't mean it backs up claims that the Mesmer will be in GW2 as a playable profession.

Is there a possibility that the 8th profession will be called "Mesmer"? Yes. If it is, it will not be anything like the Mesmer from GW1. This all leads back to my above italicized statement. They could have called the Engineer or Thief or the others a Mesmer if they wanted. It still wouldn't fit with what made the Mesmer a Mesmer in GW1. Two drastically different things are just that, two drastically different things even if they share the same name. The people that want it to be called Mesmer because they love the GW1 Mesmers make no sense as they will be not be getting the class they loved but will rather get something completely different.

Meh, don't matter to me much. Surely the last profession will be the most complicated out of the bunch though. I do agree that the Mesmer will have a different focus than in GW due to the changes between the two games.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is that it will only be Mesmer in name, but who cares really? 250 years has passed, the idea of what a Mesmer is could have changed over the years.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

for some reason I've got the strangest feeling that GW2 will crash my 07 hp computer.....
    (lower graphics mode?)

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    My guess is that it will only be Mesmer in name, but who cares really? 250 years has passed, the idea of what a Mesmer is could have changed over the years.
    Would be a little silly to call it Mesmer, then make the class itself completely different.