Yeah, would be fun to go to that thing that's in San Antonio, but I don't have my own car for usage just yet (insofar as being insured anyways, as we do have a spare massively-sized Ford truck that runs on *shudders* diesel). And more to the point, who in their right mind, out of the people who already own the game and are interested, would go to it? The game would be out for 1 day, 4 days if you count headstart!

It's still highly unlikely that I'll be playing that first week, as I need to get Kitiy situated with her computer upgrade first. I'm about $70-90 short now, thanks to this stupid referee recert clinic costing $80. :<
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-07 at 07:38 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

About the graphics engine (DX11 vs DX9):
    Quote Originally Posted by GW2 Facebook
    For those of you who have been asking about DX11 support for Guild Wars 2, our goal with GW2 has always been to provide a gorgeous fantasy world while at the same time running on a wide range of gaming PCs.

Focusing on DX9 allows us to do this, as it’s a much wider supported graphics API than DX11 is and we wanted our game to reach as many of our fans as possible.

We will be evaluating supporting DX11 post launch. ~RB2

---------- Post added 2012-08-07 at 03:44 PM ----------

And more GW2 on Mars: http://t.co/a2pP2XEa

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

something I'll hate when the game releases, people who make huge toons but forget to adjust head size... (seriously you look silly/handicapped)

That was very disturbing lol

Bloodsail Admiral
    And more GW2 on Mars: http://t.co/a2pP2XEa
    ArenaNet and their jokes, hilarious!

New ~60 MB patch out.

Bloodsail Admiral
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    New ~60 MB patch out.

All these patches, I think we will see a stress test soon...

Hopefully not! I don't want to play more stress tests, just want the game I know I can just skip the stress test but it's hard to resist

Quote Originally Posted by Aluano View Post
    All these patches, I think we will see a stress test soon...

Hopefully not! I don't want to play more stress tests, just want the game I know I can just skip the stress test but it's hard to resist
    Every little bit helps...except it's hard to be motivated to play much during the stress tests this close to launch

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Every little bit helps...except it's hard to be motivated to play much during the stress tests this close to launch
    Idd... i just want the real thing and start making my character real. Not these fake beta-chars :/
    Epic!

I'm debating on going human mesmer instead. Kormir = big lore fan here.

I wonder if the god you were blessed by in your personal story makes an appearance later on...?

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I'm debating on going human mesmer instead. Kormir = big lore fan here.

I wonder if the god you were blessed by in your personal story makes an appearance later on...?
    I sure hope so, more than just the "You were saved by Dwayna!" "...but Dwayna's not even my pa--" "Shut up, go help people"
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I sure hope so, more than just the "You were saved by Dwayna!" "...but Dwayna's not even my pa--" "Shut up, go help people"
    I'm sure they might make a minor appearance since we were blessed by them.

However I am more confident when elona opens up we go to the place kormir was turned into a god. To learn the truth about why the gods ignored the humans.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I'm sure they might make a minor appearance since we were blessed by them.

However I am more confident when elona opens up we go to the place kormir was turned into a god. To learn the truth about why the gods ignored the humans.
    The Gods ignored humanity when... the Searing happened. When Orr fell. When the Titans entered the realm. When Shiro rose. Hell, none of the five gods gave a damn about stopping Abaddon, only Kormir.

The gods abandoned humanity literally ages ago. Humanity's just too daft to realize it.

Sounds promising (from Facebook)

For those of you who have been asking about DX11 support for Guild Wars 2, our goal with GW2 has always been to provide a gorgeous fantasy world while at the same time running on a wide range of gaming PCs.

Focusing on DX9 allows us to do this, as it’s a much wider supported graphics API than DX11 is and we wanted our game to reach as many of our fans as possible.

We will be evaluating supporting DX11 post launch. ~RB2

Quote Originally Posted by Solcor View Post
    I want to hate her for the fact that she got that thing before us, but I just can't. I mean, look at her.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJekyll View Post
    I want to hate her for the fact that she got that thing before us, but I just can't. I mean, look at her.
    Hate her for a fact she has a copy. And is totally playing the game right now. omg three week headstart wtfhax

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Hate her for a fact she has a copy. And is totally playing the game right now. omg three week headstart wtfhax
    She's going to steal ALL our names!

Bloodsail Admiral
    OMG! I want my CE now

I was going to post this here.
    I WANT THAT. AND IT'S STILL AGES AWAYYY!

*GRUMBLE* Stupid Felicia Day and her stupid celebrity status and not actually getting things on time and making stupid videos way to early... (I actually like Felicia Day btw)