10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    adn you just want that sucker on the level cap ASAP
    Why would that be the case?

Won't matter if it's your 6th toon. If you're repeating a race by then, the leveling areas will likely have new events put in, yielding a much different leveling experience. Plus having different personal story options.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-21 at 07:07 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Well, maybe I should had explained better. I'm pretty sure the events are fun, and I'm also pretty sure that getting rid of the "I must level up" mindset is the first step in just getting in the game and enjoying it (much like how we rarely care what level we are in skyrim, we just plunge into this virtual world and enjoy it in all its glory)

However, and this was the "armor-piercing question" by my friend: What about alts?

After you've leveled your 6th character to 80, the whole "shiny and new" perspective is gone, adn you just want that sucker on the level cap ASAP so you can get back to your main (In the case that you are like us, and just NEEDS to have 1 of each class at the cap, regardless of which one is your main)

So yeah, we could forget about leveling and just enjoy the world, but eventually (roughly by the 6th alt) its gonna boil down to "get this toon to the cap as fast as you can" and since events can't be rushed................ there is a valid point on whether or not there is an alternative way to level up.

It happened to me before, with the revamped vanilla zones in cataclysm, (Specially zones like silverpine and redridge) I was having so much fun, I essentially forgot I was leveling up and just immersed myself on the story. But by the sixth alt I just wanted to blaze through it all.
    Ignoring the fact that your leveling experience will be different on each alt (experience different DEs unless you always wait around for them, plus new ones will constantly be added)...

People were saying that WvW, at least in BWE2 (maybe the others too), is the most efficient method of leveling. At least one person got to 80 through WvW. So that's always an option (unless things change).

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    You're a page late

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    You're a page late
    I was asleep

I was asleep
    Excuses excuses

Pre-purchase items avaible now on stress test.

Deleted
    This is the first time iv played the game and after 25 minutes im in love. The graphics are brilliant and the combat is so smooth....im blown away tbh.

Deleted
    I was asleep
    Losing your touch there :-P

Deleted
    How will this computer play on GW2?
    The graphics card doesn't look too promising.

amazon.co.uk/GAMING-INTEL-2600K-DDR5-VGA-DVI-HDMI-DirectX-Lizenzkey/dp/B004NDWJN6/ref=sr_1_23?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1345577454&sr=1-23
    Last edited by mmocac105670fa; 2012-08-21 at 07:43 PM.

Savage Leap ... aaaaaand I'm dead

Deleted
    Can this max GW2?
    ebuyer.com/370436-cyberpower-commando-800-gaming-pc-ecc01110
    Also will it still max after expansions?

Ignoring the fact that your leveling experience will be different on each alt (experience different DEs unless you always wait around for them, plus new ones will constantly be added)...

People were saying that WvW, at least in BWE2 (maybe the others too), is the most efficient method of leveling. At least one person got to 80 through WvW. So that's always an option (unless things change).
    Ahh, that's good to know.

BTW, what are the different forms of pvp in GW2? I mean, wow has battlegrounds, arena, rated BGs, and whatever random world pvp you can find if you play on a pvp realm.

on GW2, I've read about WvWvW (not even sure how you would pronounce such a thing) and it sounds like fun (I mean really, a zone 3 times the size of alterac valley, where 3 servers duke it out in a massive slaughter-fest that lasts for weeks? with each server havign a massive city fortress they have to defend while hitting the other 2? that sounds really fun) However, aside from that one, What are WvW (same as WvWvW but with 2 servers instead of 3?) and sPvP?

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Ahh, that's good to know.

BTW, what are the different forms of pvp in GW2? I mean, wow has battlegrounds, arena, rated BGs, and whatever random world pvp you can find if you play on a pvp realm.

on GW2, I've read about WvWvW (not even sure how you would pronounce such a thing) and it sounds like fun (I mean really, a zone 3 times the size of alterac valley, where 3 servers duke it out in a massive slaughter-fest that lasts for weeks? with each server havign a massive city fortress they have to defend while hitting the other 2? that sounds really fun) However, aside from that one, What are WvW (same as WvWvW but with 2 servers instead of 3?) and sPvP?
    GW2 has WvW(vW, third is usually dropped) (pronounced, at least in the ANet studio, as wuv-wuh), which consists of 3 servers are fighting across 4 maps (eternal battlegrounds + borderlands for each server). It also has structured PvP, which is further divided into tournament (5v5) and hot-join (which is 8v8...does anyone know if you can create different size hot join games, like they originally said you could?).

It also has structured PvP, which is further divided into tournament (5v5) and hot-join (which is 8v8...does anyone know if you can create different size hot join games, like they originally said you could?).
    But how would that structured pvp work? like an arena match? (Where the only goal is "kill the enemy team, first team to wipe out the other wins") or like a BG match (Where enemy kills are irrelevant, instead, you fullfil a certain objective on the battleground like carry a flag, or capture nodes, ect)

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Enemy kills matter, but so do capturing nodes.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

But how would that structured pvp work? like an arena match? (Where the only goal is "kill the enemy team, first team to wipe out the other wins") or like a BG match (Where enemy kills are irrelevant, instead, you fullfil a certain objective on the battleground like carry a flag, or capture nodes, ect)
    Structured PvP (sPvP) works by having the main objectives--3 capture points, which give points as their held--and secondary objectives, which differ from map to map. A tertiary objective is kills - they give points towards the final score. If the balance is set up right, all 3 objectives are more or less equally important; having not participated in sPvP yet, I can't tell if that's the case, but expect it to be close if not perfect. You should be encouraged to go to the primary objectives, the secondary objectives should also be motivation to go, and killing others should come naturally as players go after the same objectives.

Deleted
    Can anyone tell me what makes GW2 so great? I played it during a beta weekend and it was a really fun expierence but it didn't really feel new to me, but then that may be because I only got to see a handful of content. The dynamic events didn't at all intrest me, because it has already been done in other MMO's, just different and the Renown system is basically questing. So what makes GW2 so fun to all you people?

Not trying to cause some anger, just a interested gamer wanting to know some things.
    Last edited by mmoc77b12e8d71; 2012-08-21 at 08:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedsterz View Post
    Can anyone tell me what makes GW2 so great? I played it during a beta weekend and it was a really fun expierence but it didn't really feel new to me, but then that may be because I only got to see a handful of content. The dynamic events didn't at all intrest me, because it has already been done in other MMO's, just different and the Renown system is basically questing. So what makes GW2 so fun to all you people?

Not trying to cause some anger, just a interested gamer wanting to know some things.
    Because it's different. O_o

Especially with how organic everything feels. Events just happen, in many different ways. Renown Hearts, you show up and just help out the NPCs. I don't talk to an NPC, go through some silly little story, and then get told to fetch cow livers. I just go out and fetch cow livers.

What really does it for me is the lack of tanks and healers, tbh.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-21 at 08:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Because it's different. O_o
    Didn't really explain much.