10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Man, cooking is fun. But damn, you need a lot of different items for it... I think the challenge of being a chef isn't about cooking the food, it's about finding the ingredients.
    I hate armorsmithing just due to the sheer amount of copper I need to get past the first so many levels. And I went Armor/weaponsmithing, so I need even more for weapons :\

I haven't tried cooking yet, anything besides food you can make? Someone told me dye, but he wasn't sure, and I haven't actually taken a look at it yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    I hate armorsmithing just due to the sheer amount of copper I need to get past the first so many levels. And I went Armor/weaponsmithing, so I need even more for weapons :\
    I went the other way. Worked primarily on weaponsmithing instead, and haven't touched armorsmithing yet. Guess it wouldn't be interesting if it was easy.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I went the other way. Worked primarily on weaponsmithing instead, and haven't touched armorsmithing yet. Guess it wouldn't be interesting if it was easy.
    I was leveling armorsmithing first only because I was getting tons of weapon drops, and almost no armor.
    Yet I've managed to not make a single piece of armor for myself, everything I made has been weaker than what I had. Now i'm level 38-39? and I only have about 40 armorsmithing.
    I just need to start running through every single low level zone and getting every single piece of ore mined, then I can get maybe 2 or 3 things crafted.

Edit: Is anyone else annoyed a bit with 1h sword ranger? The skill chain locks you in place for the last two parts of it(at least for me on both human and sylvari), and the I think the greatsword did as well for sylvari.
    Has been the death of me on several champion/verterans for events, get locked in place while kiting(I sometimes forget to switch to a bow or something else first).
    Last edited by personn5; 2012-08-30 at 03:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just need to start running through every single low level zone and getting every single piece of ore mined, then I can get maybe 2 or 3 things crafted.
    I was doing this at about level 19 or 20. I noticed that the next zone only had iron ore, and didn't want my weaponsmithing to fall behind because, so long as I keep my weaponsmithing leveled up some, it actually gives me some good weapons.

I haven't done the same with armorsmithing just because it's going to take twice as much work. I could probably switch it to cooking and see what happens, or artificer - except I don't really use staves or scepters on my Guardian, and the food buffs are something I'm fine without.

I mostly care to keep my weapons in top condition.

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 10:37 PM ----------

Is anyone else annoyed a bit with 1h sword ranger? The skill chain locks you in place for the last two parts of it(at least for me on both human and sylvari), and the I think the greatsword did as well for sylvari.
    Has been the death of me on several champion/verterans for events, get locked in place while kiting(I sometimes forget to switch to a bow or something else first).
    Pretty sure you can cancel anything that locks you in place. O_o
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-30 at 03:37 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account

Pretty sure you can cancel anything that locks you in place. O_o
    For these, I haven't been able to. Trying to move or anything during it won't let me, it just continues through with the animation for it. I may be able to move between the second and third chains, but during the actual skills I'm stuck.

Whoops, submitted early on accident.
    I haven't done the same with armorsmithing just because it's going to take twice as much work. I could probably switch it to cooking and see what happens, or artificer - except I don't really use staves or scepters on my Guardian, and the food buffs are something I'm fine without.
    I might switch to finishing up weaponsmithing first, I really haven't looked at the quality of stuff you get, but if it'll be easier to max out then it'll probably be worth it to finish it first.
    The only time I use scepter/focus combo is for soloing verterans and such, it takes forever but you rarely get hit, and if they aren't immune to being immobilized, you can easily kill them.
    Staff is for when I feel lazy and want to just sit back and support.
    Last edited by personn5; 2012-08-30 at 03:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh. I don't switch to ranged weapons for anything, on my Guardian or Warrior.

For these, I haven't been able to. Trying to move or anything during it won't let me, it just continues through with the animation for it. I may be able to move between the second and third chains, but during the actual skills I'm stuck.
    Pretty sure the dodge button should still work.

Trade-offs and all.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-30 at 04:02 AM.

It doesn't work until the chain is over, really anoying indeed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    It doesn't work until the chain is over, really anoying indeed
    Odd. Highly doubt that's intended. O_o

That's the sort of thing I'd report as a bug either way - figure if enough people think it's bugged, they'll decide "Okay, this obviously needs to change if it feels that broken."
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-30 at 04:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I just tried it out, you can't dodge during it to cancel it, submitted a bug report on it, hopefully it'll get fixed or something very soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Stacks? Alt-click and drag (or maybe it's alt-right click and drag...one of the two)
    Yep, alt-dragging is the way to do it.

Yeah I just tried it out, you can't dodge during it to cancel it, submitted a bug report on it, hopefully it'll get fixed or something very soon.
    It's been like that in every beta. I don't think it will change. I am also annoyed by it. You can sort of get around it by turning your auto attack off so you have to manually do the chain. But I like the auto attack when I switch to my bow. So in the end, I went with a different weapon other than 1h sword (a shame since I like it, but the chain rooting irritates the hell out of me).

Shatterer event just started, and I can't log in. FFFFFFFF

So are the 'Someone is trying to reset your password...' emails a bug or is someone really trying to hack accounts? How do they even know I play this game?

Deleted
    About reviews, this from PC Gamer's Chris Thursten is a nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    So are the 'Someone is trying to reset your password...' emails a bug or is someone really trying to hack accounts? How do they even know I play this game?
    Would like to know this too.

Just got to the level 50 part of the person story and... oh my god why, why did Sieran have to die? ;___;

Btw, i dont know if you guys know this but you can put your own music into the game, check here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c..._music_in_gw2/

Forgive if was posted already.
    Last edited by konishiwa; 2012-08-30 at 11:01 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by konishiwa View Post
    Btw, i dont know if you guys know this but you can put your own music into the game, check here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c..._music_in_gw2/
    Nice feature, even i would never change ingame music.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Phew.. a thread that isnt full of stupid arguments and complaints that anyone with fingers and the ability to goggle could of known before they purchased the game. I think i ll just hide out in here for a while.

Seriously im so freaking sick of every game, literally every game produced these days is instantly drowned under people trashing it. Does anyone actually enjoy anything anymore?

Ok rant over, continue with the enjoyable discussions and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    Phew.. a thread that isnt full of stupid arguments and complaints that anyone with fingers and the ability to goggle could of known before they purchased the game. I think i ll just hide out in here for a while.

Seriously im so freaking sick of every game, literally every game produced these days is instantly drowned under people trashing it. Does anyone actually enjoy anything anymore?

Ok rant over, continue with the enjoyable discussions and such.
    I can understand people being fed up with bugs, but a lot of people on the forums here have obviously never played the games they're trashing. Happened with TOR, happening now with GW2, will happen with every new big name MMO I guess.

It is getting pretty silly, though, especially with D3.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!