1. #28301
    Legendary! Drugs-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    FC World
    Posts
    6,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    the Carlton
    Oh yeah, just saw the video in the dance thread, I was way off.


  2. #28302
    =/ I saw something that was already disappointing on the pvp side.

    Ok, so the sPvP is either Hot Join or tournament, the problem is, they're the same thing. The one difference is that tournaments are rated and Hot Joins aren't. IMO it would had made more sense if the Tournaments had been Arena matches, as opposed to simply Rated BGs.

    Which leads me to the other problem I see in PVP: There's 3 battlegrounds, yet all 3 have the exact same objective. Its basically AB. That's kinda lame, Imagine if wow's next expansion added 3 BGs, but all 3 of them were just reskins of Warsong Gulch, hell, look at the shitstorm made over how boring it was that Cataclysm added 2 bgs, that had the same objectives as AB and WSG.

    I know they said they'll add more different objectives at later points, but having the exact same objective at launch is still sorta lame.

    So, as far as pvp goes, you either do AB, or Rated AB. over and over, enjoy. =/

    There are no duels either, nor any sort of world pvp, you just NEVER will be able to attack other players outside of the designated PVP zones.

    The only saving grace I see for the PVP on GW2 (and its so awesome it almost makes up for the lackluster....... everything else related to pvp) is the WvWvW (sheehs, I'm tempted to just call it SvS or "Server vs Server" as that's basically what this is, and its much easier to pronounce....... my english isn't that good)

    I've read all the details about it and its AWESOME. Yep, its like a glorious mix of Alterac Valley with Lineage II's Castle sieges, multiplied by 11. Truly amazing. I'm sorta scared of the kind of lag one would get by pitting so many people together, but whatever, I still get the feeling its gonna be GLORIOUS! But seriously, I hope they improve the other aspects of pvp, because I'm not very keen on just doing AB over and over and over again.

    Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

  3. #28303
    I occasionally dropped to ~30 fps, which was annoying (mostly in the center of LA), but otherwise it was a good test.

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-21 at 10:15 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    =/ I saw something that was already disappointing on the pvp side.

    Ok, so the sPvP is either Hot Join or tournament, the problem is, they're the same thing. The one difference is that tournaments are rated and Hot Joins aren't. IMO it would had made more sense if the Tournaments had been Arena matches, as opposed to simply Rated BGs.

    Which leads me to the other problem I see in PVP: There's 3 battlegrounds, yet all 3 have the exact same objective. Its basically AB. That's kinda lame, Imagine if wow's next expansion added 3 BGs, but all 3 of them were just reskins of Warsong Gulch, hell, look at the shitstorm made over how boring it was that Cataclysm added 2 bgs, that had the same objectives as AB and WSG.

    I know they said they'll add more different objectives at later points, but having the exact same objective at launch is still sorta lame.

    So, as far as pvp goes, you either do AB, or Rated AB. over and over, enjoy. =/

    There are no duels either, nor any sort of world pvp, you just NEVER will be able to attack other players outside of the designated PVP zones.

    The only saving grace I see for the PVP on GW2 (and its so awesome it almost makes up for the lackluster....... everything else related to pvp) is the WvWvW (sheehs, I'm tempted to just call it SvS or "Server vs Server" as that's basically what this is, and its much easier to pronounce....... my english isn't that good)

    I've read all the details about it and its AWESOME. Yep, its like a glorious mix of Alterac Valley with Lineage II's Castle sieges, multiplied by 11. Truly amazing. I'm sorta scared of the kind of lag one would get by pitting so many people together, but whatever, I still get the feeling its gonna be GLORIOUS! But seriously, I hope they improve the other aspects of pvp, because I'm not very keen on just doing AB over and over and over again.
    They're focusing on Conquest (3 capture points, with secondary objectives), since in their internal testing it was the best and most balanced of the types they tried out. They might eventually add others, but as they've said before, they want the sPvP to be easily followed, akin to any sports game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

  4. #28304
    They picked a very charr dance for the charr, but man........ The human one is so good. XD

  5. #28305
    I am Murloc! Mif's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tarnished Coast
    Posts
    5,629
    For anyone that noticed that leap, jump shot, etc made you instantly dead this post from Reddit seems interesting:
    One of the devs told me that the game thought that because we were moving as fast that it thought we were "cheating", and they had to go change the limit in which the game thinks we are doing something we shouldn't be doing.
    Sucks to be speed hackers.

  6. #28306
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    For anyone that noticed that leap, jump shot, etc made you instantly dead this post from Reddit seems interesting:

    Sucks to be speed hackers.
    Interesting that it was because of anti hacking measures. Somewhat elegant solution (until hackers find the threshold for any advantage).

  7. #28307
    Warchief Cherrysoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,015
    Oh cool so there is 'hacking' ai in the game, well a program that determines if x moves this fast or whatever parameter = cheater.. wow nice
    Last edited by Cherrysoul; 2012-08-22 at 03:40 AM.

  8. #28308
    Legendary! Drugs-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    FC World
    Posts
    6,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    For anyone that noticed that leap, jump shot, etc made you instantly dead this post from Reddit seems interesting:

    Sucks to be speed hackers.
    That seems untrue to me.


  9. #28309
    Warchief barackopala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Chile, Viña del Mar
    Posts
    2,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    Oh cool so there is 'hacking' ai in the game, well a program that determines if x moves this fast or whatever parameter = cheater.. wow nice
    This was applied to private WoW servers too... yeah i played on a private when i was out of money to pay the sub and it was a mess when you dismounted, still, quite a good job done there, getting the fix before the error comes up!

  10. #28310
    Norn dance is so bad. Fucking Arena.net!

  11. #28311
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Norn dance is so bad. Fucking Arena.net!
    Meh, it's not unusual.
    ........ /dances
    Last edited by Delias; 2012-08-22 at 04:05 AM.

  12. #28312
    Only rolling Humans. Best clothes, best dance, best faces, best feet.

    And best city.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-22 at 04:31 AM.

  13. #28313
    Scarab Lord Arkenaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Only rolling Humans. Best clothes, best dance, best faces, best feet.

    And best city.
    I will agree with most of those points, however Charr have best cuddles, just mind the teeth, horns and claws.

  14. #28314
    Sooooooo
    I still don't know what profession Im going to play. D:

  15. #28315
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Only rolling Humans. Best clothes, best dance, best faces, best feet.

    And best city.
    But you know cute asura girls are just the cutest And Rata Sum is clearly the best city..

  16. #28316
    Humans are boring i play one IRL.

  17. #28317
    So Mif, when do your top men say the new nvidia drivers will hit release instead of beta?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

  18. #28318
    Warchief Cherrysoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,015
    Humans dance is good, but Asura's is better

  19. #28319
    Legendary! Drugs-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    FC World
    Posts
    6,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    Humans are boring i play one IRL.
    I tend to agree, but there is something charming about the human's in GW2.


  20. #28320
    Bloodsail Admiral Algore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,151
    When is the deadline for pre-ordering?(if you want to nick in on Friday) And is it only available through their own site, or can you get it from retailers such as Gamestop?
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

    *Degenerative Casuals

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •