Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    But it's too annoying for me. Moving mouse around to change face direction. Also - when I move mouse up it should move camera up too not down >.> So annoying.

EDIT: Btw... thanks Dooz. But for you I would never check keybind to change it lol xD
    I would strongly recommend you get used to it, but keyboard turning isn't "wrong" so if you absolutely can't do mouse turning, go with whatever makes you enjoy the game.

In the options, there's a checkbox for "Invert Camera Y-axis", check/uncheck that as you like.

Tried some of the Rift expansion beta today. Seems pretty good, Trion is doing a fine job there. However, I just cannot get used to the combat there (same thing happened when I played the wow expansion as well). Guild Wars 2's combat has just spoiled me for any other type of combat in mmos.

I was actually talking to Pab about that- the hotkey style of WOW/Eq/Rift feels very slow paced when you go back. Its just a different style as none of those are designed or intended to be twitch or action games. The gameplay is essentially a series of dice rolls.

All the same, going from GW2 and Raiderz back to that erm... stately combat style is a little weird.

You really do get used to double tap dodge. XD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I wish I would stop trying to dodge in Skyrim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not touched GW2 for a month now, in fact i've not really touched any game for a month. Don't know why but everytime i start up a game i instantly get bored with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro89 View Post
    Not touched GW2 for a month now, in fact i've not really touched any game for a month. Don't know why but everytime i start up a game i instantly get bored with it.
    I go through phases...I game lots for a month or two, but start to get lots of ideas about things I wanna code, plus, a bit guilty about consuming too much and not creating...so then I'll code for a couple of months...but then start to think "hmmmmm, I really fancy an hour or two gaming"...and the whole cycle repeats.

I don't question it...it's just how I am...at the end of the year I've played lots of cool things, and also coded lots of cool things...so, it kinda all works out.

A number of the activities/mini-games are things we decided to table for a while in favor of focusing on features and areas we felt were more important for the game. That being said, if you like activities, make sure to stop in and visit during the big Halloween festivities running from Oct 22nd-Nov1st!
    In the short-term we’re currently focused on adding a massive wealth of additional content and features for players to do in the game using the players core skill-bar, which you’ll start seeing in the Shadow of the Mad King update in October as well as our massive November release.
    Long term we’ll absolutely be adding more activities as well, but we want to make sure we’ve got loads of stuff to do at level 80 in PvP, WvW, and PvE using your characters core skill-bar first and foremost, and we’re dedicating our focus in that area. Down the road, we’ll continue to expand on the scope of activities available in the game as well.
    Colin Johnson replied this in a thread where someone asked why some activities aren't in the game (bar brawl etc..) Intresting part is in bold.

So a massive update in november aswell, wonder what it will be.. Crystal Desert maybe?

Yea, Vindictus is another game I really enjoy the art style of. Like a lot.

Tera did me no wrongs.

GW2... erm, not so much.

That is some ugly stuff for us heavy armor peeps in GW2. :'(

My ranger looks much cooler.
    M8, you chose the ugliest pieces EVER for GW2. AC and Honor of the Ugly Gear as it's peak.

Did you really started collecting Honor of the Waves badges for the gear? Go CoF, TA, Arah and have a blast.

Deleted
    cof armor is way overused

Quote Originally Posted by Luciank255 View Post
    M8, you chose the ugliest pieces EVER for GW2. AC and Honor of the Ugly Gear as it's peak.

Did you really started collecting Honor of the Waves badges for the gear? Go CoF, TA, Arah and have a blast.
    I just picked GW2 armor at random. None of the dungeon gears looked appealing to me. They were all hideous. The karma leather gear in Orr was nice. But the heavy armor with all the skulls and spikes? /vomit-tron/

I just picked GW2 armor at random. None of the dungeon gears looked appealing to me. They were all hideous. The karma leather gear in Orr was nice. But the heavy armor with all the skulls and spikes? /vomit-tron/
    Yea ascalon catacombs and CM cloth gear looks awful.

I saw a necromancer with a chain offhand (it was a focus) and went

ZOMGWOEIHWUW90BUW

i want...

but then I remember I don't use focus as a mesmer anymore...

That's funny. I think a lot of the light armor in GW2 is great. Except for the diaper bottoms and the fatbutt dress. Overall, not bad. However, medium and especially heavy armor are thoroughly off putting to me in the game.

I really couldn't suffer playing a light armor profession just for the dresses either.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-10-20 at 11:41 PM.

That's funny. I think a lot of the light armor n GW2 is great. Except for the diaper bottoms and the fatbutt dress. Overall, not bad. However, medium and especially heavy armor are thoroughly off putting to me in the game.

I really couldn't suffer playing a light armor profession just for the dresses either.
    I like the medium gear.

I have an outfit picked out however I am waiting for the elona expansion before assembling it. I want to make a kormir devout character but no proffesions are really kormir oriented so waiting to see if a new proffesion will appear.

I was actually talking to Pab about that- the hotkey style of WOW/Eq/Rift feels very slow paced when you go back. Its just a different style as none of those are designed or intended to be twitch or action games. The gameplay is essentially a series of dice rolls.

All the same, going from GW2 and Raiderz back to that erm... stately combat style is a little weird.

i bind the dodge to middle click so much easier

Deleted
    That's funny. I think a lot of the light armor in GW2 is great. Except for the diaper bottoms and the fatbutt dress. Overall, not bad. However, medium and especially heavy armor are thoroughly off putting to me in the game.
    Agreed.
    The majority of heavy armor is awful.
    I like the HotW and splinted armor (except the helm in both cases) though.
    Kind of wish they implement Warrior Ascalon armor from GW1, I like a lot more simplistic armor.

I made a female human necromancer (deleted my asura :O ) just because I love the way the cabalist armor looks on female humans (the armor the necromancer wears in character creator). Female human light armor just looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluano View Post
    Crystal Desert maybe?
    I came...

However, i think Crystal Desert will be for Elona expansion, currently i think Isles of Janthir/Blood Legion Homelands are more fit. Maybe even Maguuma Wastes and Far Shiverpeaks, but those will be more dragon focused i think so yea, seems right for a massive November release.

Ele just went from having the worst downstate abilities in the game to arguably the best other than mesmer.

And, "Assassin’s Signet: This skill has been updated to grant 15% damage for 5 attacks rather than 50% damage for one attack."

There is a god.

Just like that, Backstab Thieves (which weren't hard to deal with, from the getgo) are effectively brought back in line.

I am amused at the new Ele Downed state. It looks good.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

There's a difference between "hard to deal with" and "even a lobotomized kitten could play this well". The kitten can still play it, but at least he won't do 14k crits.

Of course, it now promotes heartseeker spam. But it's still easier to avoid and far less burst.

And actually, using base damage as an indicator:

Mug: 1400
    Cloak And Dagger: 1300
    Backstab: 2000 (100% 1.5 crit modifier, +~50-58% crit damage)
    Heartseeker: 1700 (x2)

Pre-nerf total damage: 12340 (BS = 6240)
    Post-nerf total damage: 11799 (BS = 4784)

So it's about the same, just harder to do.

Oh, and there's also +3% from vuln, but I forgot about that and I really doubt it's actually important.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-10-23 at 08:53 AM.