The update is for the Halloween event

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    The update is for the Halloween event
    Ah! good to know, I was a bit annoyed at having to download this much.
    But look at how soon we're all forgotten. The abyss of endless time that swallows it all. The emptiness of those applauding hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    "Q" is right where it needs to be. Perfect keybind for it.
    I knew there was a good reason I liked you.

*also has dodge on Q*

What's wrong with "V"? Easier to access IMO. But then, my fingers might be weird. :I

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maythael View Post
    What's wrong with "V"? Easier to access IMO. But then, my fingers might be weird. :I
    If V feels comfortable for you then there's nothing wrong with it. ^^

Using general movement, I would realistically only be able to reach "V" in the middle of movement/dps/everything else if I went with my thumb (which has the tendency to hit "C" just as often if I try like that).

I dunno, it might be different for ESDF gamers, but for WASD, that just doesn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    I knew there was a good reason I liked you.

*also has dodge on Q*
    <3

Now, stay with me a moment. Do you also put your heals on "E"?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    <3

Now, stay with me a moment. Do you also put your heals on "E"?
    YES! Yes I do!

Please marry me!

Ahh you two..just get a room or something already

Deleted
    Since we are talking about bots, here is an article that should open peoples eyes about the problem

http://www.guildwars2hub.com/feature...s-and-exploits

After reading that I get the feeling that if anything makes this game fail it will be this. Could be similar to Lineage 2.
    an Item duplicator will completely destroy the in-game economie DDD:

Kel, Jigain, you've got it all wrong. Q is heals, E is elite, V is dodge. Of course, v is easy for me since rarely do I actually use my index finger for much while gaming, aside for hitting f for looting :P So using it to dodge works perfectly for me. And my index finger drifts naturally to v unless I'm forcing my fingers to the home row.
    Oh, and alt-{1-3} for utils

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by greech View Post
    Why is it that every time I go to play some GW2 I have to download some giant update? I normally only play once a week, and while I understand that MMOs will always need frequent maintenance and new sorts of bugs pop up from time to time, but at this point shouldn't it be mostly stable and low maintenance?
    I suspect it's part of the reason why there is next to no downtime on the servers. I'd rather patch occasionally than have weekly 8 hour downtimes.

Also arenanet fixes bugs quite frequently and fast, so often and update is necessary, somethings do slip past them at time though, but it's getting to a good place now i'd say regarding bugs and such

Relevant tot the discussion a few pages back on GW2 botting:

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Johanson
    Hey folks,

Since it has been a few weeks since we gave an update on this, just wanted to quickly update where we stand. We recently hired an entire new team of people with one mission in mind: operation bot destruction.

They’ve been getting everything in place to accomplish our goal of making botting, hacking, spamming, and malicious behavior as non-existent as possible in Gw2. In the last few weeks, over 10,000 bot accounts were banned from the game alone. Another area of massive improvement has been in account security, where our two-factor authentication as well as your password changes have led to account thefts dropping to a tiny rate. A vast majority of account thieves use those accounts to run bots and/or perform RMT transactions, so our serious beefing up of account security has led to fewer bots, and most importantly fewer stolen accounts. That being said, we have massive improvements on the way in the next couple of weeks that help us detect, verify, and remove botters.

What we don’t want to do is have someone report you as botting, we ban the account, the bot appeals, and we have no data to prove they were botting on file so we have to give them the account back. Ensuring we have 100% clear data on bots that’s incredibly easy for our GM team to quickly verify, and when an appeal is submitted verify within seconds if the person was truly botting is our most important goal. We don’t want to ban people who were not botting, and we want to keep the people who are permanently locked out.

Bottom line: We’re doing ok, but we know we can and need to do much better on this front and are putting massive resources behind ensuring we have a permanent solution to this issue. You’ll see a dramatic improvement in this area in the next few weeks as our remaining detection and bot destruction tools and staff come online.

We’ll continue to keep updating on this front as we go forward, but rest assured we are aware of issues folks are raising and take them incredibly seriously. From FOV to bots, account restoration to more awesome stuff to do at level 80 we have teams working like mad on all of these fronts.

Source.

The legendary is the only real thing you can do progress for right?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Depends on what type of progress. If you are looking for power progression then no, it's not for that (level 80 exotics have the same statistical value as a legendary does).

Depends on what type of progress. If you are looking for power progression then no, it's not for that (level 80 exotics have the same statistical value as a legendary does).
    I'm looking for progression that tells me why I do what I do. When you leveled, you progressed to 80, and almost no matter what you did, you would get XP, so you knew you were doing progress. In level 80, you still get XP, and you still get skill points, but with all zones available to you, and everything else, what are you progressing to? What is it that makes running around the Iron Marches, doing what I want to, not a complete waste of my time, over being in Orr, or doing dungeons?

Yes, if you want to call it that.

what are you progressing to?
    Nothing. There is a hard cap to character power progression.

After that it's just personal amusement, accomplishment and vanity.

What is it that makes running around the Iron Marches, doing what I want to, not a complete waste of my time, over being in Orr, or doing dungeons?
    Maybe you revisit Iron Marches because the environment is cool, the story/history is interesting, some fun events happen there, you're just out exploring or beating up baddies-- all for it's own sake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got my Engineer to level 80, have 130k karma (thanks to saving the jugs of karma) and remembered the Temple gear in Orr suck for medium armor users. So what can i do with all this karma?

Quote Originally Posted by Retro89 View Post
    Finally got my Engineer to level 80, have 130k karma (thanks to saving the jugs of karma) and remembered the Temple gear in Orr suck for medium armor users. So what can i do with all this karma?
    You can buy cultural weapon skins or save it as part of the ingredients for getting a legendary. I've bought the Centaur and Ebon Vanguard weapons skins with my karma.

Free world transfers are going to be limited to once per week starting on Nov. 1st. About time.