1. #29081
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalmanusa View Post
    Pretty sure the trainer is the one who resets perks.
    ....who? O_o Any idea where he is on the map? >_>
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-28 at 04:09 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  2. #29082
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    ....who? O_o Any idea where he is on the map? >_>
    The class trainer that is. Haven't tried it myself but he's allways had a dialog option of resetting perks.

  3. #29083
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalmanusa View Post
    The class trainer that is. Haven't tried it myself but he's allways had a dialog option of resetting perks.
    Oh. Well now I feel dumb. For some reason, I never saw that talk option!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  4. #29084
    Is anyone of you having troubles with logging into an account on guildwars2 page? IT says "invalid password" for me. I even reseted it but no luck so far.

  5. #29085
    The Lightbringer jvbastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Flanders
    Posts
    3,532


    And here's my little norn warrior
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

  6. #29086
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,030
    Call me nuts, but I kinda wish they'd spend another month or two polishing up a few more pieces of the game code.

    Maybe it's just that gamers are outright impossible to please, but it seems like there are certain issues that should really have been addressed before launch in order to create as great a first impression as possible.

    I'm not personally disappointed - having a blast, and no major errors. But it's clear that's not the case for everyone. It's hard to say if I'm a minority, though, considering that forums are, already, a vocal minority.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-28 at 05:48 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  7. #29087
    Im not sure if its the right place to ask this but i decided to buy digital edition.But https://buy.guildwars2.com/en/ still says prepurchase.That made me curious.
    Also whats the size of the client?
    Last edited by Bznga; 2012-08-28 at 05:57 PM.

  8. #29088
    So got to the Blazeridge Steppes, i knew this was the home of The Shatterer and starting from the bottom of the map he's constantly flying overheard roaring. As i worked my way up the map it was finally time to fight my first dragon!



    Amazing fight.

  9. #29089
    So... I can see they have removed option to switch square minimap to compass? I hope they will add that option later. I really like compass more.

  10. #29090
    Legendary! Drugs-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    FC World
    Posts
    6,369
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    How, what lvl are u?
    You can buy it at The Grove. Can't wear it until 35 though.


  11. #29091
    I bought the Norn cultural armor for xmuting. Pretty nice dress.

  12. #29092
    Is there an easy way to get into WvWvW? I've been in queue for over an hour each night now and never got in.

  13. #29093
    Can a fellow elementalist offer some advice. What is the preferred way of close range combat? I switched from a staff to a dagger which seemed to offer me some close range abilities.. is that it, or should I be switching out of fire to one of the other elements for close range fights where I can't keep distance between myself and the mobs?

  14. #29094
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Can a fellow elementalist offer some advice. What is the preferred way of close range combat? I switched from a staff to a dagger which seemed to offer me some close range abilities.. is that it, or should I be switching out of fire to one of the other elements for close range fights where I can't keep distance between myself and the mobs?
    Depends on exactly what your goal is. If you're intent is to be in close range, then daggers is probably the best bet, using fire for damage and air for control (I go scepter/dagger currently). Otherwise, it's mostly down to preference, but still keep in mind the roles of the different attunements. I've found that the first ~15 levels can be done in pretty much any attunement, but after that you have to become proficient in attunement swapping.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

  15. #29095
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Depends on exactly what your goal is. If you're intent is to be in close range, then daggers is probably the best bet, using fire for damage and air for control (I go scepter/dagger currently). Otherwise, it's mostly down to preference, but still keep in mind the roles of the different attunements. I've found that the first ~15 levels can be done in pretty much any attunement, but after that you have to become proficient in attunement swapping.
    Thanks for that. Sounds like i'm on the right path. I do need to work on the other attunements. It will be nice to be able to use some crowd control.

  16. #29096
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,030
    It's starting to look like the party UI is fucked up specifically in Sylvari zones. Have had no trouble with it in Norn or Charr or even Asura zones, but now it's acting wonky as a Sylvari. Including not giving the option to join me in my personal story, and disappearing from each other's sight despite being in the same overflow. O_o
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-28 at 08:21 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  17. #29097
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    It's starting to look like the party UI is fucked up specifically in Sylvari zones. Have had no trouble with it in Norn or Charr or even Asura zones, but now it's acting wonky as a Sylvari. Including not giving the option to join me in my personal story, and disappearing from each other's sight despite being in the same overflow. O_o
    Got the feeling that disappearing has something to do with the starting zone for sylvari being so packed ... the UI issues sucx. Norn and charr ftw.

    My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

  18. #29098
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,157
    Anyone know where I put in my serial key to my existing account that i played on in the 3-day headstart + beta?

    Can't seems to find in on account page.

  19. #29099

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

  20. #29100
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Got the feeling that disappearing has something to do with the starting zone for sylvari being so packed ... the UI issues sucx. Norn and charr ftw.
    It could be. All I know is, I went right back to my Charr, and nothing was going wrong.

    I will say that, on the design side, I hate that allied portraits black out when I go a certain distance from them. And that they start showing up on the map at all. How the fuck do I follow people in my party if we have to constantly communicate where we are?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •