Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Even the fanboys cant defend this latest fck up. Crippling unplayable lag AGAIN.
    good lord, get a grip

Even the fanboys cant defend this latest fck up. Crippling unplayable lag AGAIN.
    So let's see...lag == people playing == fuck up, while dead zones == people not playing == fuck up....make up your fucking mind

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Pfft, apparently I was wrong.

Make up my mind on something you just invented right there?

They dont learn from the mistakes in the last event, ie stop doing 1 time events if the servers are going to crash. Freaking hell its impossible talking rationally with GW2 fans.
    The one-time events are a marketing thing. It's what they need to do to keep the "feeling" of servers being full. No matter where you are, what you're doing "I should play Black Ops right now... OH WAIT There's that thing going on in Guild Wars and it's only going to happen once and or I'll miss it"

Unfortunately, in their desire to keep the appearance of a full vibrant and varied community, their hardware can't handle it. And boy does it show.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Pfft, apparently I was wrong.

Make up my mind on something you just invented right there?

They dont learn from the mistakes in the last event, ie stop doing 1 time events if the servers are going to crash. Freaking hell its impossible talking rationally with GW2 fans.
    The Halloween event was actually quite good to me as far as lag is concerned, in fact I didn't really notice any lag then. But wow this one was like a ten ton rock of pure hate filled lag.

Deleted
    I won't do these "one time events" anymore. Boring , lagging and not worth it. Commendations are a joke , right? Spending money to get sh** lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Pretty interesting reaction to the ascended gear from Guild Cast.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/video-game...he-gear-grind/
    can you give a summary of their points (u linked another vid a bit earlier aswell) or a time stamp, since I seriously can't take 3h out of my day to find their opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    can you give a summary of their points (u linked another vid a bit earlier aswell) or a time stamp, since I seriously can't take 3h out of my day to find their opinions
    Scott Hawkes kind of tried to address the points of why people might be upset, even though he doesn't share the concerns himself he understands why we might be. He's the first one to flat out tell the others that no matter what you do, how you want to gloss it over "It is Gear Progression, plain and simple. Only a couple stats, only a couple slots to start, but it is Gear Progression"

None of them have commented on the fact that it's a "Continued Progression Initiative" although Richie sort of kind of alluded to the idea of it, and brings up the point that Agony "sounds cool, but isn't" because it's a gear-base instead of skill base (To which Scott later readdresses "Who Likes Resist Fights and thinks Resist is fun? Put up your hands!").

That said, they do all have an agreed consensus that if nearly impossible to reach but-present Ascended gear was in since beta (instead of now), then people wouldn't care at all, or if it had the "same" stats but an Infusion slot (even though we now know this to be false), then it wouldn't be a big deal either.

Elisabeth from Massively's Response to pretty much the whole thing is "Don't care, it's only a few people making a lot of noise over and over again, anyways".... umm, fuck you too?

Ty for the write-out. Their points are things I agree on. And I'm saddened to say this but I'm beginning to dislike A-net
    And the remark from Elisabeth is agrevating, atleast for me.

Deleted
    They essentially said nothings eaten as hot as its cooked. And I agree

Ty for the write-out. Their points are things I agree on. And I'm saddened to say this but I'm beginning to dislike A-net
    And the remark from Elisabeth is agrevating, atleast for me.
    I'm not gonna go as far as to say I dislike them, but I really hate the way they handled this situation. They really must work on their communication more because at the moment there are lots of unhappy people about this patch and coming out with 1 or 2 blogs is not helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    That's what got on my nerves the most...I really thought that this change would be pretty universally rejected, but there seems to be this general attitude of, "It's ok, you guys are just QQing."
    Wish I would have screened it: walking theough Queensdale after my Refer-A-Friend logged off, map chat unsurprisingly comes to this topic, and I'm told if I don't like it I should "go back to WoW".

…the fuck?

Deleted
    I see this all the time. its like the mmo-worlds 'fuck you'.

Just a few hours ago someone was flaming in chat because the one time event in kessex hills was bugged. The reaction? 'go back to wow' I mean seriously.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    That's what got on my nerves the most...I really thought that this change would be pretty universally rejected, but there seems to be this general attitude of, "It's ok, you guys are just QQing."
    that's the reaction everyone gets to suggest anything at all that might not be in line with Anets 'vision'.
    Any objection to something, any suggestion of change... it always gets that reaction.

I'm not surprised to see it by now.
    I was surprised by the hostility you get from being critical at first.
    By now I accept that GW2 has an elitist crowd that will try to insult you no matter what you suggest in terms of change.
    It's a bit like posting on pvp forums...

The denial part strikes me the most at this point: people claiming it is not gear progression, people claiming they know for sure it will be the last upgrade...
    I don't mind people saying: 'sure, it's progression but I don't care that it is'.
    Just like I don't care people saying: 'They promised they wouldn't do this every 3 months...' Leaving open what could happen onver a longer period.

People are free to disagree, but hearing 'return to WoW' and all that other nonsense over and over again... it does get tiresome

I am an elitist, this doesn't mean that I support anet in every way possible.
    To be honest imo you can not be an elitist if you're not critical. An elitist strives to be the best at what he does, this is only possible if you criticise everything you do as you do it.
    This also means that if I have the possibility to play with my friends instead of pugs I will do so since I think me (and my friends) are better than your average pug.
    You are thinking of fanboys

I hate, how bad we, the customers, are being treated. Having to wait 25 days for known critical issues to be "solved", being lied to regarding nerfs, listing tooltip updates as bug-fixes, buffing classes that needn't be buffed, nerfing classes that needn't be nerfed, introducing a new "tier" of gear, completely ignoring the pvp side of the game since they were working on balance and then releasing their "pvp update" without any balancing taking place are all things that shouldn't happen.
    The worst part about this is that they fail to realise that communication is key and so they keep us "guesing" as to what we'll be getting.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    To be honest imo you can not be an elitist if you're not critical. An elitist strives to be the best at what he does, this is only possible if you criticise everything you do as you do it.
    This also means that if I have the possibility to play with my friends instead of pugs I will do so since I think me (and my friends) are better than your average pug.
    Oh, these type of words can be bend to any definition fitting.
    I just picked a word closely resembling the idea, it could have been fanboys or 'white knights'.

I can relate to your filling of the concept 'elitist'.
    And I didn't intend to direct this at you of course (how could I have known even...), so I hope I didn't insult you in that regard.

As for the communication: they are seriously bad at that part... at least in my book.
    It's more than being understaffed, which seems to be a general issue at Anet at the moment for some obscure reason.
    It's also their decision to always hold vital info back. They're really scared of being pinned to a statement it sems.

Bit silly, since that's exploding back at them now:
    never seen so many quotes from their manifesto thrown at their recent changes...

10+ Year Old Account

I hate, how bad we, the customers, are being treated. Having to wait 25 days for known critical issues to be "solved", being lied to regarding nerfs, listing tooltip updates as bug-fixes, buffing classes that needn't be buffed, nerfing classes that needn't be nerfed, introducing a new "tier" of gear, completely ignoring the pvp side of the game since they were working on balance and then releasing their "pvp update" without any balancing taking place are all things that shouldn't happen.
    The worst part about this is that they fail to realise that communication is key and so they keep us "guesing" as to what we'll be getting.
    I think you're misunderstanding what an elitist is, one usually doesn't label themselves as one its usually a term that someone else labels you as. Elite/Elitist different meanings.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbald View Post
    And I didn't intend to direct this at you of course (how could I have known even...), so I hope I didn't insult you in that regard.

As for the communication: they are seriously bad at that part... at least in my book.
    It's more than being understaffed, which seems to be a general issue at Anet at the moment for some obscure reason.
    It's also their decision to always hold vital info back. They're really scared of being pinned to a statement it seems.

Bit silly, since that's exploding back at them now:
    never seen so many quotes from their manifesto thrown at their recent changes...
    Don't worry I'm not easilly offended and I wasn't offended by you at all. I also didn't have any reason to think you were adressing me in particular so I didn't think I was being adressed, I merely wanted to say that elitist may not have been the best word to use and included my definition.

I agree that their fear of being pinned to statements is blowing up in their face. I'll expand on this later using the ranger as an example. It isn't a good idea to be vague when things are going to positive. There's two reasons for this: 1. Positive news will be toned down so expectations will be lowered when you're direct.
    2. When the "hype" isn't met, vague statements are a lot harder to defend than straight out news.

Their message in the ranger forum 25days ago is a great example. They said:
    Poof! Someone called and I am here. We made some ranger changes this patch, but had to go back on them because of risk factor. There are some bugs being fixed and quality of life improvements coming in the next patch, as well as some other significant ranger improvements. I would Literally tell you but I think it would be considered a bit of a spoiler so you will have to be patient.
    While we work hard to keep updates going on all professions, not very build us going to contain fixes for everyone due to the nature of software development. One problem with rangers is the lack of build diversity created by a number of sub par utility skills. Many signets, a shout or two, and spirits are all a bit lackluster. That is the first place to expect improvements. Second is trying to improve the feel/ pacing on some weapons.
    Ok I can’t type more with tiny phone finger keypad. See you in game!
    Jon
    I underlined some vague statements.
    "next patch" can mean the next time I need to download something, maintenance or content release. The thing to take away is that next patch creates the image of "soon".(1day to 2weeks in my book)
    "significant improvements" does this mean straight out buffs, cd reductions, general graphics updates or maybe reworks?
    "a number of..." things we consider bad/broken might be so for design reasons, not saying what skills will mean people think of the "worst" and expect updates there.
    "a shout or two" is it one or two or even more? There are four shouts, so that would mean half? And ofcourse the same issue as before.

Now our expectations derived from this post:
    1. A relatively soon update (14days max)
    2. A rework/buff/fix for signets (since many are lackluster)
    3. A rework/buff/fix for spirits (since they die from random aoe dmg)
    4. A rework/buff/fix for shouts (since they simply lack use)

If there was time leftover we would have liked (but didn't really expect)
    5. A sword rework/buff/fix since the rooting of autoattack is very cripling
    6. A greatsword rework/buff/fix since the damage isn't in line with the lack of utility, we would've liked higher aoe dmg (buff to swoop)
    7. A longbow buff/fix since the overall damage is very low in comparison to all other ranged non casters (especially on projectile speed)
    8. A shortbow rework/buff/fix due to the "nerf" introduced a bit earlier due to an "animation fix" (nobody ever noticed the visual glitch they fixed)
    What we got:
    1. Improved the effect chance on ranger spirits to 35% base and 50% when traited.
    2. Beastmastery minor traits now use the correct icon.
    3. Splinter Shot: This skill's damage is increased by 150%, and its bleeding duration is increased from 3 seconds to 4 seconds.
    4. Counterattack: The blocking portion of this skill can now be used while moving. Ranged attacks will not trigger the second half of the skill.
    5. Protecting Screech: This skill now states the correct duration of 4 seconds.
    6. Call of the Wild: The Wilderness Survival trait Off-Hand Training now applies to this skill.
    7. Throw Torch: The speed of the projectile has been increased.
    8. Maul: This skill's damage has been increased by 40%.
    9. Sun Spirit: The tooltip for this skill now displays the proper burning time of 3 seconds.
    10. Whirling Defense: This skill was updated so that it interacts better with combo fields.
    11. Splinter Shot: This skill is now a small projectile combo finisher.
    12. Coral Shot: This skill is now a projectile combo finisher.
    13. Feeding Frenzy: This skill is now a projectile combo finisher.
    14. Mercy Shot: This skill is now a projectile combo finisher.

Comments on the patch
    A wait of 25days created extra buildup/anticipation. The longer you get to work on something the higher expectations will be.
    1. Doesn't help, the biggest issue with spirits was the fact that they die instantly from random aoe dmg(ofc the low proc-chance didn't help)
    2. Nobody cares about tooltips, we'd much rather real buggfixes
    3,11,12,13,14. Fixes to things that weren't issues, rangers were good underwater probably even OP
    4,8. Good fixes on their own but not the things needed to make the GS more viable.
    5. Tooltip fix, handy but far from urgent
    6. Great fix
    7. Another good idea but useless fix, you use the torch for the combofield so you'd probably be in melee range when using the torch (meaning projectile speed is useless. Another reason why it's a silly update is that due to those factors you'd use a sword which on it's own is broken aswell.
    9. Another toltip fix, handy but far from urgent, and ofc same idea as point 1
    10. Same idea as point 7

So we didn't get our spirit overhaul nor our shout overhaul nor our signet overhaul. It's no surprise people are upset.

I agree with you that their concept of keeping things vague is hurting them in the long run. If you tell ppl you'll have a "big fix" "soon" and to "look at X area in particular" you're creating the image that no matter what happens, all buggs or most in area X will be fixed between now and 2weeks (I took my definition of soon for an MMO).

If it takes you 25days, and the fixes you have applied are everywhere but area X people will be anoyed. You're better off just saying, look guys we know there's issues with x, y, z,... On our next big update (coming nov 15th) we'll start by focusing on tooltip issues and underwater combat. This doesn't mean we won't be looking into ways of solving x, y and z though, those issues are simply too big to fix before the 15th.

/rant /grab drink

Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    I think you're misunderstanding what an elitist is, one usually doesn't label themselves as one its usually a term that someone else labels you as. Elite/Elitist different meanings.
    I went with my own interpretation of the definitions from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elitism, http://www.thefreedictionary.com/elitist, http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/elitist and ofcourse http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=elitist

From the second to last source:
    adjective
    (of a person or class of persons) considered superior by others or by themselves, as in intellect, talent, power, wealth, or position in society: elitist country clubbers who have theirs and don't care about anybody else.
    But please do clarify what an elitist is according to you. I realise it is often used as an insult but I simply don't see it that way, just as the words nerd, geek and try-hard aren't insults to me.

P.S.: I was thinking of posting what we wanted aswell but that list is 68points long and takes way to long to comment on. It comes down to 1 of those issues having been fixed now.(going from a quick read through), if you're interested you can find it here https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...anger-Bug-List
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2012-11-17 at 10:29 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just want to say that the whole "Go back to X game" is not new or solely GW2's community. Hell, everytime I log onto to TERA and someone starts complaining in Global chat I see a bunch of people flame and say shit like "atleast its not Fagwars2" or things like that. That kind of attitude is the mmo community in general. I can't comment on how I feel about the new Ascended armor and such as I haven't been keeping up with recent events in Gw2 nor am I at 80 where I am assuming this is where it effects most. But truthfully I dont think I'm going to get upset with this change, I have mostly accepted the changes as they come from any mmo.

By the way, has anyone noticed a decrease in rare drops as of the new patch? I used to get lots of them before and now I haven't gotten a single one

Hmm, more annoying, risen or karka?

The veteran karkas, ugh