That's a very slippery slope argument, what if that child is bullying someone, you're not their parent so you're going to let it happen?
    Or what if the kid is messing around with things that can be harmfull, like entering abandoned houses not your child so not your problem?

What if a drunk 16y/o is getting in to drive his whilst he's intoxicated also not your problem?

or something less drastic what if a kid is being an asshole with the parent letting it, also not your problem?

Or someone who's holding his kid over his head over an animal encounter fence so it can see better, also not your problem?

Well, I've come to the conclusion that if GW2 had a race and/or name change service available that the amount of gold it'd take to buy the gems to purchase it would probably cost as much as if not more than re-leveling two professions.

How'd everyone end up spending their wool garments? I took a gamble on trading for more gift boxes, hoping for an unbreakable bell or endless tonic, no such luck though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    How'd everyone end up spending their wool garments? I took a gamble on trading for more gift boxes, hoping for an unbreakable bell or endless tonic, no such luck though.
    I wonder what the difference is between the giant gifts and the small gifts, since the devs said that the chance for the unbreakable bell is equal from all of the gifts.

edit: nevermind, wiki helps. there is a chance to get those weaponskins and higher snowflakes/recipes,... nothing I really care. So in order to get a unbreakable bell you have the best chance with buying a lot of small gifts.
    Last edited by Maarius; 2013-01-03 at 10:33 AM.

Any news about January update?

Me Buying Guild Wars 2 lol

New WvW Maps Incoming?
    http://bit.ly/UpW601

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Any news about January update?
    nothing new I guess, we're just left with the info we got a few weeks ago:
    Here’s a general rundown of what we are working towards over the upcoming months:

• Revamping all of our existing dungeons (Story and Explorable versions) through rebalance and overhauled encounters.
    • Adding new dungeons to the Fractal of the Mists.
    • Adding more variation to creatures, enhancing our open world scaling system, as well as evolving many events and experiences across Tyria.
    • Fixing and improving existing content throughout the game, and better tying it into the overall sense of player progression within Guild Wars 2.
    • Building on the Southsun Cove’s persistent content.
    • Adding new Guild content and Guild progression features.
    • Continuing to evolve PvP into an E-sport as outlined here: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/s...d-pvp-iceberg/
    • Adding brand new content to World vs. World as well as adding new reward progression.
    • Continuing to build upon the story and adventures of Guild Wars 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Johanson
    Hey guys,

Just to help provide some clarity on this, we’ll be releasing within the next couple of weeks a high level summary of our big plans for the first half of 2013 to help provide more transparency into our plans with the game going forward. This will include providing more details about our goals for the game, information about the stories and features that you’ll see in the Jan/Feb/March releases.

To set expectations accordingly, the January release will be a relatively small release that sets the table for the stories and features we plan to roll out with the Feb/March releases and beyond. Also, there will be no new race, profession, or new region with these larger Feb/March releases. One of our major goals with these releases is making our existing world as strong as possible, ensuring there are reasons to go to all the locations in the world we’ve already built, and strengthening the core game we’ve provided. In saying this will be an expansions worth of stuff in these releases, we’re talking about the number of new features that will be rolled out across PvE, WvW, and PvP in early 2013, which usually you’d only find in an expansion for a traditional MMORPG.

More details and specifics to come in the next couple of weeks, but I hope that helps provide some more insight into what to expect at a very high level.
    So, expansion worthy is basically a major feature update, with no new content. Well at least they came out to say it. And also to say that January's not actually something to look forward to from an update perspective either.

So since launch, we've had...one? major update patch, being sunshine island/fractals, and then two holidays? You know, for the whole we want to be throwing stuff at our audience constantly that they were saying, with their relentless update schedule... I don't really see it. I mean, it's not hard to update more often than WarCraft, but that's not really the bar you should be striving for.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Love how they're so stubborn about not really giving specifics. Fortunately, some of us learned what they really mean when they're vague about things.
    I genuinely wonder why you still linger around these forums like a stale fart.

Personally, I was very excited about Diablo3 for a very long time and yet the game ended up being a massive disappointment as it's nothing more than a glorified demo... Yet you don't see me posting in every D3 thread how I despise everything even remotely related to the game. (I don't)

I don't know man. It's just weird.

Wait, didn't Anet claim at one point the January and February patches were "big"?

I may not be remembering the exact wording correctly but I do recall Anet boasting the Jan/Feb updates were supposedly huge. Seems kinda... terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    I genuinely wonder why you still linger around these forums like a stale fart.

Personally, I was very excited about Diablo3 for a very long time and yet the game ended up being a massive disappointment as it's nothing more than a glorified demo... Yet you don't see me posting in every D3 thread how I despise everything even remotely related to the game. (I don't)

I don't know man. It's just weird.
    Bovinity actually still plays GW2. There's a difference between a hater, and someone being critical. Fencers and Bovinity are most definitely the latter, not the former.

I'm not that critical!

I am just not super duper "fluffy" as Sunshine calls it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Bovinity actually still plays GW2. There's a difference between a hater, and someone being critical. Fencers and Bovinity are most definitely the latter, not the former.
    Well while both are critical, fencers points both sides good and bad, bovinity however....hes not a hater yet, he has good criticism of the game soemtimes he goes a bit overboard and i have yet to see him say something positive, but i believe that he wants the game to fail hes just frustrated by it and by anet pr bullcrap.

Well at least Fencers has some positives to say. I've never seen Bovinity say anything positive but at least he isn't BenBos.

Deleted
    Oh come on BenBos is pure fun! I love reading his posts!

Well I'll give you that, he can be entertaining.

I've seen a lot of people stop attacking the points Bovinity makes and just start pointing sticks at the user instead. Extremely not cool.

But mod-hat time, we can stop this. And go back onto another topic. 'kay?

A mini expansion being a bug-fix patch/tooltip update, and an "actual expansion's worth of content" with their January update supposed to be huge... now being delayed until who knows when, but not actual content, no just features and fixes "over the coming months". I don't... what.

I'm surprised you take developers words to heart in those cases Kelesti. Every game developer I've read from (all games, not just arenanet) has that dev "speak". Whenever a developer says an expansions worth of update, you take it with a grain of salt.

I sort of expected January to be small anyway due to the christmas and new years holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I'm surprised you take developers words to heart in those cases Kelesti. Every game developer I've read from (all games, not just arenanet) has that dev "speak". Whenever a developer says an expansions worth of update, you take it with a grain of salt.
    Totally.

As I say all the time, the word of a developer should always be taken with a grain of salt. It's typically marketing bullshit.

I always cringe when people trot out developer blurbs as a defense for design. Almost always useless. Never ask an artist about their art.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I would say GW2 is probably the ultimate MMO for players that enjoy casual play, alts and merely trouncing about the game world.

The first Guild Wars games were fairly casual friendly. In the sequel Anet seemingly hit the sweet spot for the millions of players who enjoyed running around Booty Bay or collecting holiday presents on however many alts they desire.

It's a tailor made MMO for the largest segment of the "new" MMO audience. The people who enjoyed like Wrath of the Lich King and the like.
    Exactly.

I play WoW, GW2 and TSW. I've played SWtOR (sadly), Aion, EVE, and Rift (still subbed, though Storm Legion ruined the game for me.)

The issue with games like WoW and SWtOR or Rift, is that they focus on forcing you to grind x Levels to do fun stuff. The exploration is focused on getting a [Discovered X] achievement, and less on stuff like Jumping Puzzles or Vistas. Yes you CAN climb a hill in Rift, but the only stuff you'll prolly find at the top is a white artifact, and you've prolly already found it, anyways. WoW has removed exploration, cause how hard is it to just fly to the top of Blackrock Mountain? There used to be a Priest Levitate bug that made getting to the top of a mountain fun. Now....just mount up and fly...

They (GW2) also cater to Altaholics, which I am horrible for being one. In WoW I have 9 characters at level 80 or higher, and all 11 classes at 70 or above. Problem is the 85-90 'grind' is so unbearably boring, and then I get to do a 'sea' of dailies?! Yeah there's the commendations, but I don't like dailies. Why do I want to kill the same mob(s) 25 days straight just because Varian hates the Horde? Booooring.

And yes, SWtOR's loading screens are horrible. Worst in MMOs, IMO. Though, I will admit, at the time i played i used an older, less-powerful laptop, and I've since upgraded. Problem is, I won't be going back to see how well my new computer does, as their 'free to play' model is the worst i've ever seen.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog