Well, in the case of Rift I'm willing to write it off as having to do with just how realistic the world looked. I still maintain that the lighting in Rift is phenomenal, which was also one of my initial disappointments in GW2.

This is still one of my favorite cloth armors from Tera:

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    how does that dress stay on her...top?
    There are ways. Wired plastic cups your tah-tahs sit in, invisible straps that go around your back or neck, the top can be fitted as well, etc.

It's not like we haven't figured out how to hold them up for years now.

Well I was just going to answer it by, it's a fantasy video game. Can't justify anything in these games from real life physics.

The armor in tera is very hit and miss with me. I like some of the robes/dresses. Not a whole lot of the others I like though. The Castanic stuff in particular are really hideous.
    Last edited by Valeron; 2013-02-22 at 10:09 PM.

Well, obviously all the women of Tera would be hunchback cripples if they actually wield lances 6x their body size and had boobs like basketballs. But I scoff at reality. /scoff

I am relatively certain my High Elf in Tera idle animation violates the laws of physics. I'll give the idle stretch animation to Guild Wars 2 over Tera in that regard.

Now if only my High Elf in Rift would stop looking at her nails in a combination of shock & surprise every 20 seconds...
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-22 at 10:14 PM.

speaking of emotes, there needs to be more emotes in gw2, and dances

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    In the world, yes.

In characters and clothing, vomit-tron.
    Can't agree more with this. I logged into the game for the first time in ages this week and couldn't get over the disparity between the gorgeous environment and the horrendous looking characters. It's absolutely bizarre how a game which places so much emphasis on cosmetics sees the players actually grinding for ugly gear to put on ugly, stiff avatars.

speaking of emotes, there needs to be more emotes in gw2, and dances
    They should be in the cash shop like NcSoft already does for Aion. Which is awesome.

Seems a shame they removed the PVP emotes of GW1. My hubby had one of the dragon emotes from winning HA and stuff. That was cool because those were actually special and skill bound.

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Can't agree more with this. I logged into the game for the first time in ages this week and couldn't get over the disparity between the gorgeous environment and the horrendous looking characters. It's absolutely bizarre how a game which places so much emphasis on cosmetics sees the players actually grinding for ugly gear to put on ugly, stiff avatars.
    amazing how different opinions are, I quite like the character models, it's some of the armor that leaves something to be desired

Your husband was r15+ in GW1?

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Your husband was r15+ in GW1?
    Apologies. He has the phoenix emote. R14 he says.

My husband is a PVP fanatic in all games.

I do not PVP whatsoever. Not sure of the specifics.

Deleted
    amazing how different opinions are, I quite like the character models, it's some of the armor that leaves something to be desired
    To be fair, the character models themselves aren't too bad, but their animations have a stiff quality to them I feel they could be much improved. The gear, on the whole, is just ghastly. When I dinged 80 on my human Mesmer I looked about the internet and payed attention to other lvl 80 Mesmers in game to see exactly what cosmetic gear to shoot for and apart from the exorbitant T3 cultural armor everything was terrible, and even that was the best of a bad bunch. And I rolled a female Mesmer precisely because I thought there would be some cool, flamboyant outfits to choose from. Crafted a Rampager's set, finished off map completion and that was that for that character.

I wish they had taken some of the armor from GW1 to this game, like the monk armor

one of my favorite sets

and my favorite mesmer set

Last edited by Valeron; 2013-02-22 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Apologies. He has the phoenix emote. R14 he says.

My husband is a PVP fanatic in all games.

I do not PVP whatsoever. Not sure of the specifics.
    still impressive, i'm only r8

Lots of armors from GW1 were very nice the thing I liked best was that classes had their own armour sets.
    The arah light set for instance just screams necromancer to me while the noble set is a clear mesmer set.
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2013-02-22 at 11:38 PM.

Paragon was my favorite GW1 class and armor. Just fantastic. They never had a bad set.

All Warrior armor except the male samurai armor was trash.

The bad thing about Guild Wars 1 was that every female had the same body/neck. And they all ran with those stupid teacup hands. *RAGE*

didn't like the elite luxon warrior armor? I rather liked it

Was the elite Luxon the one with two dragons on the shoulder pads? I didn't like that one.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-23 at 01:57 AM.

love the game and i dont care what anyone says... lol

As a Guild Wars 1 old salt, this brought lulz via GW2 subreddit.

Hello all,

Just before I start, I want to make clear that this is not a rant, just an observation of a trend I notice starting that wasn't ingame before and there's no need for.

In the past few days I haven't joined a pug group without either a gear check or some level of elitist and/or hostile pug behavior, that wasn't in game a few weeks back. I don't have trouble meeting this ridiculous requirements to participate in runs, but they remind me of the days of UWSC in GW1. For those who don't remember, or don't know what UWSC were, they were speed clear runs of the elite area called the Underworld in GW1 in which to participate you needed a certain amount of a stone item that only dropped in the area's end chest(basically tokens to prove you know the run and how much experience you have). Of course you could buy the stones and get into the runs, but this type of runs quickly became the norm of Underworld farming in GW1 to get ecto and wealth.

So, where am I going with all of this? A quick search in gw2lfg.com for CoF will yield in hundreds of "GLF3M Zerker wars and 1 mes, PING GEAR OR GET KICKED" posts. Only in rare occasions do you see normal composition groups for this type of runs. The same goes for FotM, "GLF2M fotm lvl x, must have Y AR, PING GEAR OR GET KICKED". I am one that understands the need for good gear(specially in higher levels of fotm) but this limits the community's participation in runs.

I express all of this with the fear of losing one of the greatest features the game has in my opinion( which is also one of the selling points of the game): the ability to play how ever you want doing whatever you want. I know most of you will disagree with me, maybe share another point of view, but I really don't want the community to be separated by a rising trend that can be avoided.

EDIT: It seems there's a bit of confusion regarding what the purpose of this post is. I'm not picking on CoF SCers. Im just pointing out a trend that may expand to other places in a future(no one knows) and I would hate to see SC become the norm for dungeon farming.
    Source

I don't see the problem. Start your own group if you don't like speed clears. If there truly are players interested in casual dungeoneering they can do just that.

Yeah, despite my earlier rantings, I'm fine with this if it just remains for speed clears (although I would like to see some variations other than 4 bezerk warriors and 1 mesmer for a CoF clear). If it starts to creep into all of the game, then we will have problems.

Exactly my idea Fencers. Ppl like that are butthurt for being kicked when they simply don't qualify for a SC group.

My brother and I have a guild based only on SC CoF, you can equally fast* if you bring either thieves or guardians, as long as you have 1mes 2war since then you have TW, max vuln and max might (and banner of tact/str)

*As a pug group. You don't go as fast as when it's a full guild 4+1 group.
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2013-02-24 at 08:00 PM.