Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Yeah, after the latest patch it didn't ask me for the authenticator, I've been meaning to make a post about it on the official forums.
    Nice to know this happens to other players too. There are already a few post about this issue on game forums but I guess making a ticket if possible would help more. No official reply on the forums as of yet. Except this:

Billing Maintenance: 2 NOV 7:00AM PDT
    We will be taking down the commerce system for maintenance at 7 am PDT (14:00 London Time) on November 2nd for 3 hours. The following systems will be affected by this maintenance:
    Buying gems from the gemstore
    Purchasing from the official website – https://buy.guildwars2.com
    Thank you for your understanding.
    I guess it shouldn't affect Authentication though..

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLewis
    This means that if you are logging in from a location that you permitted via email authentication, the mobile authenticator will not currently prompt you for a secondary code
    http://www.guildwars2guru.com/news/8...ticator-users/

Thanks for that 1001, that's good to hear. Hopefully they get the "Modify Remembered Locations" page working soon too

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

If that's why it isn't asked they could do better job informing people with these kind of changes, maybe post it in to the game launcher after log in, maybe? At least for the players who don't read the official forums.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    If that's why it isn't asked they could do better job informing people with these kind of changes, maybe post it in to the game launcher after log in, maybe? At least for the players who don't read the official forums.
    Couldn't agree more. Anything security related should be linked to as a matter of course, an additional link for current issues would be well appreciated.

Well ArenaNet doesn't have the best of communication. I think they need to really improve that.

Interesting thread on the official forums about tier 6 material prices spiking up very quickly. It's apparently because of all of the mass banning of bots and gold sellers done recently. I had a feeling this complaint would happen when the bots are gone. Now players can make good money from farming again.

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Interesting thread on the official forums about tier 6 material prices spiking up very quickly. It's apparently because of all of the mass banning of bots and gold sellers done recently. I had a feeling this complaint would happen when the bots are gone. Now players can make good money from farming again.
    Job well done by ANet then, Colin said that he wanted to remove as many bots as possible and apparently his plan is working so that's good. Now i can finally sell my orich ores for a good price

I managed to get myself temporarily suspended on the Guild Wars 2 forum. I wasn't mean or anything, I just got warnings that I didn't contribute too much to the threads I wrote in.

I think I posted too many memes :>

Also I heard that they will take away that reserved-names thing soon, perhaps I can get the name I want on another character.
    Last edited by Eiserne Drossel; 2012-11-08 at 11:34 AM.

With A.Net, I'd be it has a lot more to do with they nerfing drop rates or some other form of manipulation going on, and a lot less to do with bots.

Or god forbid it could be what they said eh Bovinity?

Or god forbid it could be what they said eh Bovinity?
    Yes, because I'm not jaded at all after years of MMO companies feeding the playerbase a bunch of bull at every turn.

I logged in to Queensdale and there are still bots running the farm events.

Probably did ban a bunch of bots. But they're like weeds.

Problem is that they ban a bunch of bots, then new ones sprout just like you said.

Almost seems like the war on drugs, you can never win.

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Job well done by ANet then, Colin said that he wanted to remove as many bots as possible and apparently his plan is working so that's good. Now i can finally sell my orich ores for a good price
    ori shouldn't change much due to demand being quite low. Also the amount of ppl gaining acces to farm it is rising over time

I do agree with divinity that it could possibly be a fck up by anet, earlier this week they did screw up dye droprate for instance

I do agree with divinity that it could possibly be a fck up by anet, earlier this week they did screw up dye droprate for instance
    I dunno about a mistake so much as just a move to reduce drop rates and/or eliminate supply from the TP (The latter, at least, has indeed happened) and not really about bots specifically at all. Having a large supply of the top end mats (Tier 6 blues, Ectos, etc) really doesn't serve A.Nets interest at all, regardless of whether or not they're acquired by a bot or just a player that farms a lot.

So jaded, Bov. ANet's interest is for people to have fun playing the game - and that's not done by doing things that lead to conspiracy theories and the like. Lighten up.

Not sure how it's a conspiracy theory. It's what happened. Thousands and thousands of blue crafting mats and ectos and such all disappeared off the Trading Post.

Were they removed because they were gathered by bots? Sure, I don't doubt that. No tin foil hat here.

Did their removal have much more to do with, "Hey, we don't like these being this cheap, and here's where a lot of the supply is from." and less with "Hey, lets ban some bots!" ...yeah, I'd place my bets on the former.

A high supply of Tier 6 mats, Ectos, and other mats used for legendaries does not serve Arena Net's interests at all. It doesn't matter where they're from, I can (almost) guarantee you that they'll "guide" those markets in other ways over time.
    Last edited by Bovinity Divinity; 2012-11-08 at 06:05 PM.

And that's what I'm calling the conspiracy theory. Sure, low-cost items on the TP might seem good to the consumer, but in the long run it's harmful to the economy; that is, when it's artificially inflated, as is the case when bots are the source. If you ban bots, but let their farmed items remain in the market, you haven't solved anything. Botters will still bot, with the only consequence being they need to buy/steal another account. You really think ANet looked at the TP, saw the supply, and banned from that? Some people...

You really think ANet looked at the TP, saw the supply, and banned from that? Some people...
    Yep. Given that bots are still running rampant in all the places that I've been seeing bots since release (and some of the same names!) I think this has much more to do with purging some of the supply to keep prices high than with keeping the game "bot-free" for players.

It's not like it's an insane thing to think. They already have systems in place that attempt to guide the market on these materials, and I'd wager that they'll continue to tweak drop rates and such in the future as well. It's not a conspiracy theory, it's a B2P game with a cash shop protecting their interests.