Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I sincerely hope they plan to buff the jungle wyrm in the patch. This is the second time today I've missed out on a chest because the damned thing is dead before it's even targetable. I've even tried laying down AoEs, that hasn't worked for me either. Apparently you're supposed to melee at its spawn point before it spawns if you want to be assured credit. Stupid. Doesn't help that the thing has like 2 HP either.
    I know what you mean, when doing Maw if you go take down those portals that are summoned before you can attack the shaman it's not uncommon for him to be at half health the very second after the last portal is taken down due to some players sticking near him during the portal phase. So yeah I think a buff to a lot of the lower level chest bosses is in order.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    I know what you mean, when doing Maw if you go take down those portals that are summoned before you can attack the shaman it's not uncommon for him to be at half health the very second after the last portal is taken down due to some players sticking near him during the portal phase. So yeah I think a buff to a lot of the lower level chest bosses is in order.
    I don't think the problem is his health but rather the amount of damage that high level players put out. I can 2 shot almost all of the low level creeps. They do a fair amount of damage but don't last long. I can auto shot down veterans in the 1-15 level areas. You don't want to increase the health because that will effect all of the players. They need to decrease the damage from the downscaled players to make it a bit tougher in the 1-15 areas.

Well, in the case of the jungle wyrm it is by far the weakest of all the farmed world bosses I've encountered. It is often dead within 2 seconds of not even having fully spawned yet. Not even the Svanir shaman goes down that fast. Conversely, the Golem boss in Mount Maelstrom is a long fight compared to most of the other bosses and without having any periods of time where you can't attack, like SB for example. I have actually logged off at the beginning of the golem fight, logged into an alt to do another world boss, and logged back to the golem not even at 50% yet. I don't know what makes it so different, but jungle wyrm could definitely use an infusion of its sturdiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Well, in the case of the jungle wyrm it is by far the weakest of all the farmed world bosses I've encountered. It is often dead within 2 seconds of not even having fully spawned yet. Not even the Svanir shaman goes down that fast. Conversely, the Golem boss in Mount Maelstrom is a long fight compared to most of the other bosses and without having any periods of time where you can't attack, like SB for example. I have actually logged off at the beginning of the golem fight, logged into an alt to do another world boss, and logged back to the golem not even at 50% yet. I don't know what makes it so different, but jungle wyrm could definitely use an infusion of its sturdiness.
    Jungle Wurm is terrible yeah. What I do is, the moment he comes out of the ground just start spamming 1. Doesn't matter if you don't see his HP in your screen - just spam 1

Does anyone here have Volcanus, the greatsword? I'm trying to farm the lodestones for it but after like 30 runs in CoF and ages with destroyer slaying, i haven't found a single one yet. Any ideas?

Farm money buy it off tp

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Farm money buy it off tp
    Hmmm... that'll cost a lot :/

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Hmmm... that'll cost a lot :/
    Do you run in max Magic Find gear? That's the only reason why I think you'd not have any so far. You could try wasting all your unused karma on Lost Orrian Jewelry Boxes but that has an extremely low chance of dropping charged loadstones as well. The GW2 wiki has some info on who drops them.

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Do you run in max Magic Find gear? That's the only reason why I think you'd not have any so far. You could try wasting all your unused karma on Lost Orrian Jewelry Boxes but that has an extremely low chance of dropping charged loadstones as well. The GW2 wiki has some info on who drops them.
    My bad, forgot to say that i'm running for molten and destroyer lodestones and im running with 80% magic find, lodestones drop from chests in CoF and magic find doesn't affect chests so yeah...

lodestones are a pain in the ass to farm, I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    lodestones are a pain in the ass to farm, I agree
    Why DO people farm them?

Because they don't know better or don't like doing dungeons/events.

I'm giving up on farming them, i'd rather farm gold and karma, buy thousands of orrian jewerly boxes and hope for the best, i got 1 molten lodestone out of 17 jewelry boxes yesterday so yeah, i'll just have to grind karma.

What salvage kits do you guys and gals use for rares? I normally sell my rares on the TP but have decided to start salvaging them for ectos.

The cheapest ones that come in stacks of 25.

Black lion salvage kits

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Black lion salvage kits
    Do you get more ectos from a better kit?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    certainly a better chance

but I have a whole bunch of those kits so I use them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Black Lion's aren't worth it for rares - someone did something like 800 rares recently with both kits and it worked out to like .15 more ectos with the BL kit so it's not worth the gold cost.

I use the Master kits for rares and use the BL kits I get from dailies on exotics with a decent rune. Buy the exotic at .85 of the rune selling price, strip & sell the rune -free ectos- no biggie if RNG skips one.
    Valar morghulis

I use the mystic salvage kit, pretty decent if u ask me.