Is it just me, or are Different MMO's all starting to release things on the same week more frequently?

Im pretty sure when Swtor came out Dragon Soul got released in WoW. I know When GW2 headstart began Blizz dropped pre-MoP patch, not sure if Swtor released a patch around the same time but i think they did. And now this week we have Lost Shores from GW2, Storm Legion Expansion from Rift, and F2P launch from Swtor? Do they seriously do this on purpose? I would think your better off releaseing stuff when no one else is because then ppl are bored with the other games lack of content and come to yours.

Guess WoW missed this weeks MMO content party.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Is it just me, or are Different MMO's all starting to release things on the same week more frequently?

Im pretty sure when Swtor came out Dragon Soul got released in WoW. I know When GW2 headstart began Blizz dropped pre-MoP patch, not sure if Swtor released a patch around the same time but i think they did. And now this week we have Lost Shores from GW2, Storm Legion Expansion from Rift, and F2P launch from Swtor? Do they seriously do this on purpose? I would think your better off releaseing stuff when no one else is because then ppl are bored with the other games lack of content and come to yours.

I think their reasoning isn't to "lure/attract" more people, I think it's more about keeping the players who are on game X actually on that game instead of trying another game.

Also we're halfway november so expect more finishing touches for the holidays. The drop of BO2 probably is a stress factof for some companies aswell due to the size of that playerbase (and it's loyalty)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post

Well, we knew about the Rift expansion months ahead of time. SWTOR was vaguely launching f2p sometime in the fall, Lost Shores was announced relatively recently.

Lost Shores potentially was announced to spoil the other 2 releases this coming week. But that's at best a wile speculation.

Coincidence is likely the real culprit. Movies, games, books, etc tend to do this a lot.

Herald of the Titans Kickbuttmario's Avatar
    So I just cleared out cursed shore and I have to say, Malchor's Leap is 100x harder than that zone.
    I am KickButtMario. I kick butt because I am Mario. The coolest, longest, living, protagonist out there in the video game industry.

Belief can become reality!

Bloodsail Admiral
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    From the link: The patch will introduce ascended items. Ascended armors are "slightly more powerful than exotics"

I guess that's a good incentive to do the new dungeon. Anyway, looks like a good patch so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluano View Post
    From the link: The patch will introduce ascended items. Ascended armors are "slightly more powerful than exotics"

I guess that's a good incentive to do the new dungeon. Anyway, looks like a good patch so far.
    Hope they don't remove too much after the event thingy.
    Belief can become reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Aluano View Post

Not really liking the sound of this ascended armor.

Herald of the Titans Kickbuttmario's Avatar
    no wtf! i already spent my money on crafting the exotic armor!!!! NO!!!
    I am KickButtMario. I kick butt because I am Mario. The coolest, longest, living, protagonist out there in the video game industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    no wtf! i already spent my money on crafting the exotic armor!!!! NO!!!
    I too think that in order to keep the design philosophy working, there should be recipes and materials in the lost shore to upgrade crafted armor to ascended.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    I too think that in order to keep the design philosophy working, there should be recipes and materials in the lost shore to upgrade crafted armor to ascended.
    The Design Philosophy implies that Ascended Armor shouldn't exist in the first place.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

On another topic, here again it shows the strengths of the sidekick system. They can introduce new high level content but make it accessible for its introduction to everybody. I was sceptical about this feature as I heard about it the first time, but it has turned out to be really neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Corros View Post
    On another topic, here again it shows the strengths of the sidekick system. They can introduce new high level content but make it accessible for its introduction to everybody. I was sceptical about this feature as I heard about it the first time, but it has turned out to be really neat.
    problem is ppl prefer "real" lvl 80s due to traits etc not scaling

One thing that this new dungeon will do is to show the real need for a proper LFG tool.

It's hard enough to get a dungeon group now, I'm betting it will be nearly impossible to get a group for the older dungeons once this one is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    One thing that this new dungeon will do is to show the real need for a proper LFG tool.

It's hard enough to get a dungeon group now, I'm betting it will be nearly impossible to get a group for the older dungeons once this one is released.
    You think? I think it's really easy to get a group for everything, really :S

Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    You think? I think it's really easy to get a group for everything, really :S
    Well on Yaks Bend it is hard as heck. Maybe it's just the time that I play or whatever but I've only been able to get in 3 dungeon runs since the game released.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    problem is ppl prefer "real" lvl 80s due to traits etc not scaling
    We're talking open World content here, so no need to try to appease people who only take 80s

AC exp runs are going on all the time (at least in IoJ) because of the quick runs and the money you make

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    The Design Philosophy implies that Ascended Armor shouldn't exist in the first place.
    Where is the "like-Button" when i need it?

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well on Yaks Bend it is hard as heck. Maybe it's just the time that I play or whatever but I've only been able to get in 3 dungeon runs since the game released.
    On desolation it's quite ez to get groups for TA, AC, CoE, HotW and CoF. CM and arah are a bit harder but still doable.
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2012-11-12 at 05:33 PM.