10+ Year Old Account
    Guild wars just raped Swotor, Underwater combat zones cities monsters and different skills weapons for water combat.
    And its going to work good in pvp too.

Swotor wont even let you swim.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Keep game-bashing out of the thread please - this isn't a competition.
    Seems to be a strange phenomenon, competition from fans of video games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Guild wars just raped Swotor, Underwater combat zones cities monsters and different skills weapons for water combat.
    And its going to work good in pvp too.

Swotor wont even let you swim.
    You got a beef with SW:ToR? Strange as I didn't see "SW:ToR vs GW2" in the topic or something in those lines.
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Keep game-bashing out of the thread please - this isn't a competition.
    Yes it is. And my dad can totally beat up your dad.

(Seriously though I agree with you)

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not a beef with swotor, don't put words in my mouth.

I like under water in games, i liked Vashjir and i knew going in blizz was going to have trouble but they overcame it to a point.
    pvp in underwater could not be done, and why did fire spells and guns etc still work under water in wow?

Aion Didn't let you swim until long after i quit.

And now Guild wars has the best underwater, this is not to bash the other games, they tried and failed.

This is a guild wars 2 thread i cant congratulate them on beating the competition?

10+ Year Old Account

This is a guild wars 2 thread i cant congratulate them on beating the competition?
    No, not the way you did it.

We dont want dramaz.

Its not a beef with swotor, don't put words in my mouth.

I like under water in games, i liked Vashjir and i knew going in blizz was going to have trouble but they overcame it to a point.
    pvp in underwater could not be done, and why did fire spells and guns etc still work under water in wow?

Aion Didn't let you swim until long after i quit.

And now Guild wars has the best underwater, this is not to bash the other games, they tried and failed.

The way you said it was bashing swtor. If you said something along the lines of "Well done GW2 for making the best underwater combat i have seen to date" then you would of been congratulating them and not bashing at the same time

10+ Year Old Account
    Heaven forbid people act like GW2 fans in the GW2 thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    We like to keep the competition bullshit out of this thread, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Heaven forbid people act like GW2 fans in the GW2 thread.
    Yeah, or point out that the devs of the game in direct competition with them basically said "we're not going to touch that with a 20 foot pole," while ANet seems to have produced the proverbial lemonade out of lemons. Also love how he got flamed for saying basically the same thing I did not even a page earlier. It's not so much a pissing contest as much as game 1 didn't even bother with issue #23, while game 2 came up with a fantastic solution to the problem. GJ game 2! ... Sooo pretty much a microcosm of the way both of these games are playing out. Creativity and innovation vs. stale game design and risk-aversion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow, looks like I have some catching up to do tonight with those updates. Thanks for being stand-up guys in regards to people that wouldnt mind a war.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Oh wow, looks like I have some catching up to do tonight with those updates. Thanks for being stand-up guys in regards to people that wouldnt mind a war.
    Get out of da thread SWTOR boi!!! <3

Just in case anyone hasn't seen them, check out these two articles:
    http://www.massiveonlinegamer.com/pr...wrap-up-part-1
    http://www.massiveonlinegamer.com/pr...wrap-up-part-2

They're detailed and well written, but the best thing is they're written by someone who was pretty sceptical of the game. Something to point people to when they accuse us of being fanbois

Eric then answered a question in a guru thread confirming he will be buying GW2: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/...ay-t18269.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

Yeah, there was a TON of good information that came out of that event. And from what I've heard from people who went (media and fans), it was a blast, especially the media day held on Thursday.

Awesome! Good to see that even the sceptics are coming around when they actually get to experience the game.

Another positive dungeon review

This is another that is fairly even-handed (he does have some criticisms) but I actually take his main criticism - that story mode seemed kinda easy - to be a good thing. He says explore mode was tough. So to me, those dungeons are balanced just right. Story mode is pretty gentle, so everyone can see the story, experience the lore. Then those who have more time/want a challenge can do the explorer mode.

Honestly, reviews like this and the ones at Eric at Massive, which don't simply scream praise, but are still positive overall, actually make me more psyched for the game. These are guys who are ready to criticise where they see faults . . . and GW2 is scoring well with them
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    This game just keeps looking better and better. I am glad you will actually get decent experience from the dungeons, some people from fan day said they ran the explorer mode of the Catacombs and leveled from 35 to 42 in 5 hours, but a lot of the time was due to wipes because the explorer mode is suppose to be hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who has always hated underwater combat, that looks pretty good. Still not appealing to me (the underwater aspect), but way the fuck better than any other game I've seen try to tackle it.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    As someone who has always hated underwater combat, that looks pretty good. Still not appealing to me (the underwater aspect), but way the fuck better than any other game I've seen try to tackle it.
    I personally love being able to make use of the Z-axis, and GW2 just... you know, I can't find a none water related analogy so... blew every other water combat thing out of the water.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter