news about Teamcolors in sPvP:

finally the monotonous coloring is gone
    Apologies, this feature wasn’t suppose to go out in today’s patch. This was intended to come out with the next patch along with a UI drop down to change how you want team colors to work. The new default setting is WvW style coloring (enemy only has team colors), but you will also be able to make everyone, or nobody team-colored. There will also be UI changes to reinforce what team you’re currently on, so hold tight, apologies again!
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...rst#post914887

Yay

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yes. Guardian and Engineer are the best 3WP farmers. Engineers can get AFk credit for all 3 at once.
    I'm not sure what you mean by AFK farming? Also, which 3 waypoints? I'm still not that familiar with Cursed Shore and its events.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by AFK farming? Also, which 3 waypoints? I'm still not that familiar with Cursed Shore and its events.
    There are 3 linked waypoints in Cursed Shore that have like nonstop events. They're towns.

Lots of folks call those towns, 3WP [3 waypoint spam]. Like the DEs respawn every 5 mins or so and last like 10. Just stand with a big group and spam AOE.

As soon one of these town events ends, the next town along the road is attacked. And you zerg there. Then the next town. Then it starts from the beginning at the first town again. All the time, nonstop.

The road is safe too so you wont have to trudge through 1000 risen to get to the zerg/town. Most folks just afk at one spot with their auto attack or something macro'd via software.

It used to be like 6/gold an hour on average. Tons and tons of drops too. Not sure about the exact payout now because I haven't done it in a while. But as you can see of my screen shot just a few mins ago, the 3 areas are hotspots for farming still.

Make sure you are wearing full magic find gear.

Engineers are the kings of this kind of farming. And you should have 1 max level Engineer for gold/karma farming. Drop one turret each at the 3 towns in Orr. Go afk. The aoe burst of your turrets counts for credit for all 3 events

You don't really have to be "afk". Can just alt tab back and forth, watching a movie or reading. Whatever works for you. It's just mindeless zombie killing. Just waves and waves of zombies being obliterated in seconds.

Orr isn't the only such place either. Any where there are fast respawning DEs, you are likely to find a zerg farming the repeat events at all hours.

Belated thanks for the detailed guide. I still haven't gotten around to trying it, but this time it's due to real life and not an alt at least. :P

I saw some discussion about how the gems for gold exchange rate would be affected by Wintersday. Anyone care to speculate? I saw a few people saying they're sitting on thousands of gems waiting for prices to get higher with the holiday event before cashing them in for gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Belated thanks for the detailed guide. I still haven't gotten around to trying it, but this time it's due to real life and not an alt at least. :P

I saw some discussion about how the gems for gold exchange rate would be affected by Wintersday. Anyone care to speculate? I saw a few people saying they're sitting on thousands of gems waiting for prices to get higher with the holiday event before cashing them in for gold.
    That would be correct. I'm doing the same thing. During Halloween, Gem to Gold prices skyrocketed.

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    That would be correct. I'm doing the same thing. During Halloween, Gem to Gold prices skyrocketed.
    While true you should account for the fact that gems haven't dropped a lot since. Also they only rose significantly the second day of halloween, after 3days the price went down to the estimated/expected increase.
    The prices being so high now is probably due to ppl like you stockpiling gems which wouldn't be as profitable unles you bought them between nov 3 and nov 12
    source: http://www.gw2spidy.com/gem
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2012-12-09 at 12:20 PM.

Will they bring out a trial for this other than the refer a friend thing? None of my friends play so no chance of getting a friend referral and it would be good to play before buying it

if anyone knows the answer, what happens when a bound item (bound to a character) is stored in the bank and then the bound character is deleted? Does it become unbound?

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 02:49 AM ----------

Just tried it. That item is soulbound forever and you can't withdraw it on another toon from your bank if the previous toon was deleted.

So, on GW2.com/media-site there is a Youtube Link which links to a "Guild Wars 2 Wintersday: The Wondrous Workshop of Toymaker Tixx" video on Youtube. Video is currently marked as private only though, but expect some Windersday goodness in the near future!

Found out this while I was looking for some possible GW2 Wallpapers..

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    So, on GW2.com/media-site there is a Youtube Link which links to a "Guild Wars 2 Wintersday: The Wondrous Workshop of Toymaker Tixx" video on Youtube. Video is currently marked as private only though, but expect some Windersday goodness in the near future!

Found out this while I was looking for some possible GW2 Wallpapers..
    yea... its being released on the 14th which is 5 days.

I played WOW, but i'm thinking about trying something else. Do you think GW2 will be good idea? What Gw2 has, which WOW hasn't?

Quote Originally Posted by kitt View Post
    What Gw2 has, which WOW hasn't?
    Fun? And Asura.

Quote Originally Posted by Aljaž View Post
    Fun? And Asura.
    To be more specific gw2 doesn't use dailies, wows current and only method to get people into the world. Not to mention they are all grind X dailys which are extremely boring and draining and they don't give the excuse "you don't have to do them even though they give good loot"

So is it time to call this game a failure yet? Boring and dead. They forgot to add excitement into this game. Even Rift has more life these days lol.

Mod edit: Please post constructively.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-12-10 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gainesvilleg View Post
    So is it time to call this game a failure yet? Boring and dead. They forgot to add excitement into this game. Even Rift has more life these days lol.
    Yep the time has come. It's dead bro. They should've add pandas to save it. And dailies.

I played WOW, but i'm thinking about trying something else. Do you think GW2 will be good idea? What Gw2 has, which WOW hasn't?
    - No sub fee
    - Twitch action based combat system
    - Equalized PVP
    - 3 faction mock world PVP
    - Organic questing
    - Personalized story telling/progression
    - No raiding
    - No class trinity

Well you definitely should try it, but you might find returning back to WoW difficult, at least if you like to quest or train professions a lot. As in GW2 everything is "shared" so you will be killing same monsters and looting same profession nodes and corpses as everyone else, but you will get credit from everything too, nothing is "tagged" as in WoW, and atleast for me playing GW2 just before MoP came out made me see WoW in a completely new way (as aged as it's similar systems are).

Also GW2's Crafting System is as streamlined as a crafting system can be, everything is so smooth in it, for example if you make multiples of a same item the system will speed up crafting time significantly. Lots of new items are made by experimenting and discovering new recipes. You also can level up by completely doing only crafting too so it helps you level up you character.
    Last edited by dragothica; 2012-12-10 at 04:50 PM.

Some changes to WvW coming with Wintersday patch. The biggest one is the Breakout Events for losing WvW servers...

Breakout events
    We’ve added a new event type to WvW called Breakout events which trigger when one or more teams have been pushed completely out of a map. They’re designed both to help players break out of severly camped portal keeps and to provide assistance in establishing a foothold in each map. Here’s what designer Matt Witter has to say about them:

Break Out Events are special WvW events that will happen when a team has lost control of all defensive structures, not counting supply camps. An NPC commander will appear in the team’s start area and an event will start that prompts players to gather around. Once enough players are in the commander’s presence he will summon his trusty dolyak to give all allies in the area full supply. He will then lead the charge to the nearby objective and give players protection and assist with building siege to assault the objective with. Those benefits, along with a defensive boon that he applies to all nearby allies, makes the attacking players a force to be reckoned with. Defenders will have their work cut out for them, as once the gate or wall piece is destroyed the commander will move to the tower lord inside and attack anyone in his path.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    To be more specific gw2 doesn't use dailies, wows current and only method to get people into the world. Not to mention they are all grind X dailys which are extremely boring and draining and they don't give the excuse "you don't have to do them even though they give good loot"
    I play both WoW and GW2 and I find both fun. And believe it or not I actually find the dailies to be fun, especially now that they put some story progression in them. Heck I love questing more than anything in both GW2 and WoW. I in fact spend most of my time doing questing and leveling new characters in both games as I stay as far away from dungeons and raids in both games, since I absolutely despise dungeons and raids in MMOs, although I do really like WoW's new scenarios, but those are like the old group quests just presented in another way.
    Last edited by CrimsonKing; 2012-12-11 at 04:36 PM.

Quick question:

Got to 36 on my Warrior and looking ahead to the new trait manual at 40, I'm only half able to afford it (lost a bet on the Cattlepault LOL). So, question is about how easy it is to acquire gold at higher levels? I picked up a Midnight Fire dye that I would like to keep, but I really need the four-ish gold I can get by putting it up for trade; if I can easily make up the cost later, I won't worry about it too much.

Been trying to fully clear one zone before moving on to the next, so that probably has also presented a significant deterrent to my cash flow as I'm still working on the Diessa Plateau.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!