1. #31301
    Fine transmutation gems are on sale for today only. That and the Black Lion salvage kits are the only items I wanted from this 30 days of deals sale.

    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2013-03-18 at 12:40 PM.

  2. #31302
    Changes to boss loot chests incoming.

    Izzy speaks;


    In the next release we will adjust the way that world mega bosses award their loot. The current chests will stay lootable once per day per character, but each boss’s guaranteed rare item drop will be moved to a separate chest (visually similar to daily achievement reward chests) that can only be acquired once per day across an account.

    Our intention with this change is to keep providing rewarding loot for world mega bosses while avoiding overwhelming participation in boss fights (and overwhelming the economy with rares) from players cycling through each character slot for each boss every day.
    SAUCE: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post1656442

  3. #31303
    Heh. Knew something like this was coming. Makes me glad to have been grinding the chests as much as I've have been. It was a mechanic that was just waiting to get nerfed.

  4. #31304
    The Lightbringer Karizee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Eternal Alchemy
    Posts
    3,968
    Already gone up 6s in 1 hour. I can hear the screaming from the future now, lol.

    It's a good change, needed to be done, but there will still be overflows.
    Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all.
    ~Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy

  5. #31305
    Dreadlord Scyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    911
    Seriously..again with the nerfs to drop. What is it with them I just don't get it. I'm really sick of them nerfing everything that helps people make some money

  6. #31306
    The Lightbringer Karizee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Eternal Alchemy
    Posts
    3,968
    How do I do it you ask? My Super Saiyan Mind.
    Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all.
    ~Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy

  7. #31307
    Wait, so there are going to be two chests now per event? One with the guaranteed rare(s) that's once per day per account (per boss?) and then the old one that I assume will go back to dropping blue and green crap? :P

    I agree with Scyth, I hate that they keep nerfing the few ways that there are to make money in this game, but I actually took a break this weekend cause trying to hit up all those chests was running me ragged. :P Not to mention too many people trolling the timers. They were off by as much as 15-20 minutes a lot of times, so farming the chests wasn't really as productive anymore when you're sitting around waiting for something to happen.

  8. #31308
    You know when you do your daily or 100% a zone and that little shaking chest appears above the minimap? That's how you gain the rare item from bosses now. Once per day, per account.

    The physical chests in the world, like the one after you kill dragons or the swamp ghost, will just be random crap to vendor for a few silver.

  9. #31309
    Wow, that sucks. They really do love swinging the pendulum from one extreme to the other, don't they? I foresee a lot of those events they were trying to bring traffic to completely dying now. I mean, why bother with anything other than Maw? (Unless you specifically want Final Rest from SB or something.)

  10. #31310
    good change imo

    maybe I can actually participate in one of these without being put into overflow

  11. #31311
    So is it one guaranteed rare chest per boss per account or is it just one guarenteed rare chest per account. If its the latter then its a huge nerf, but if you could still get rewared from each boss once per day its not so bad. Spamming each boss on each char needed to be nerfed.

  12. #31312
    rare chest per boss per account

  13. #31313
    The Lightbringer Karizee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Eternal Alchemy
    Posts
    3,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Wow, that sucks. They really do love swinging the pendulum from one extreme to the other, don't they? I foresee a lot of those events they were trying to bring traffic to completely dying now. I mean, why bother with anything other than Maw? (Unless you specifically want Final Rest from SB or something.)

    How is it a nerf?

    Do you remember before they changed it on Feb 26th, you had around a 1 in 3 chance of getting a rare from a chest. There's at least 20 world boss chest events so if you ran them all each day you'd come out with 6 or 7 rares.

    Now you can run all 20 and be guaranteed 20 rares.

    It was overbuffed there for a couple weeks. People were able to get the chests on their mains and all of their alts for up to 100 rares a day (if you had 5 alts).

    The problem was it was too good, it was causing overcrowding at the events and contributing to overflow issues. Not to mention it was an extrinsic reward, people felt compelled to get as many on as many alts as possible at the expense of playing the rest of the game. You said yourself

    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    but I actually took a break this weekend cause trying to hit up all those chests was running me ragged.
    and

    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    (Though that's really more of an issue with event rewards than actual interest in doing the events.)

    It's a good change, Lane. It seems you will complain both sides of an issue just for the sake of complaining.
    Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all.
    ~Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy

  14. #31314
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    It's a good change, Lane. It seems you will complain both sides of an issue just for the sake of complaining.
    Actually it was a misunderstanding, and judging from some of the other comments I wasn't the only one who misunderstood what exactly the change meant either.

    As an aside, I'm not sure what I've personally done to you other than not gush all over GW2 to warrant your attentions lately. I still ultimately enjoy playing the game and consider it damn near close to what kind of MMO I'd develop myself, but it's easier to focus on the criticisms I post, I suppose. Although, I am nowhere near as harsh on GW2 as many other frequent posters to this forum and the comments of mine you've chosen to target are not only arguably trivial (or not even the point), but you seem to like putting you own spin on my words whether correct or not, which in both previous cases has been the latter. So, I'd appreciate it if you'd stop making assumptions because you know what they say about that.

    Regardless, if it's once per day per boss then that's cool. I mistakenly thought it was a daily rare regardless of which or how many boss events you did. Sorry for the confusion.

  15. #31315
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Actually it was a misunderstanding, and judging from some of the other comments I wasn't the only one who misunderstood what exactly the change meant either.

    As an aside, I'm not sure what I've personally done to you other than not gush all over GW2 to warrant your attentions lately. I still ultimately enjoy playing the game and consider it damn near close to what kind of MMO I'd develop myself, but it's easier to focus on the criticisms I post, I suppose. Although, I am nowhere near as harsh on GW2 as many other frequent posters to this forum and the comments of mine you've chosen to target are not only arguably trivial (or not even the point), but you seem to like putting you own spin on my words whether correct or not, which in both previous cases has been the latter. So, I'd appreciate it if you'd stop making assumptions because you know what they say about that.

    Regardless, if it's once per day per boss then that's cool. I mistakenly thought it was a daily rare regardless of which or how many boss events you did. Sorry for the confusion.
    Karizee seems to be picking apart your points because anyone that was actually harsh to the game on a regular basis figured out a long time ago that Karizee was a forum-plant.

    And I quite frankly don't care about the PR spin, I really don't. But Karizee, you can stop directing shit like that at my forum readers, or find a banned tag which won't let you do your job. Pick one.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2013-03-19 at 04:30 AM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  16. #31316
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Karizee seems to be picking apart your points because anyone that was actually harsh to the game on a regular basis figured out a long time ago that Karizee was a forum-plant.

    And I quite frankly don't care about the PR spin, I really don't. But Karizee, you can stop directing shit like that at my forum readers, or find a banned tag which won't let you do your job. Pick one.
    Seems like your always angry at anyone who would praise the game, or has nothing negative to say about it.

    You make it really obvious you don't like the person, i doubt anyone cares either. Just don't go around threatening to ban people because they enjoy a game that you do not. It's pretty childish.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2013-03-19 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Removed a quoted double-post.

  17. #31317
    Alright. We can't let petty personality based arguments continue.

    It is 100% not okay to go after anyone personally on these forums. Someone likes/dislike something different-- deal or go cry in your pancakes.

    -- Fencers

  18. #31318
    Warchief Razael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,207
    Never farmed these chests, not starting now, if i happen to be online at the time of start , fine, when a guildie warns me ill come do it just because they are cool, otherwise not wasting my damn time waiting on a particular event to pop and farming chests for some rares.

  19. #31319
    I've leveled a few characters into the teens but the one race I can't is Sylvari. I absolutely hate the starting zone. And the Grove... holy crap. Absolutely the worst designed city in any game I've ever played. Whenever I get a character to the Grove I lose the will to continue and delete it. But I've made cool looking Sylvari engineer and want to continue leveling it.... but dat Grove Is it possible to go and level in a different area and still be able to do my story?

  20. #31320
    The beginning of personal story is always in your "race's" zone. But at around 15-20 I think the orders side take over.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •