Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Yeah, but even if you have the precursor isn't it still a lot of RNG for the other components?
    Precursor is the only real rng like Meledelion said, yes. The clovers are now easier to get in my opinion because both Ectos and Mystic Coins are much cheaper than they used to be.

I see that now looking at the recipes on the wiki. I must have mistaken 'list of outrageously expensive materials' with RNG. ;P Now I see why more people don't bother with the legendaries that have relatively cheap precursors.

More Permanent Content on the Horizon
    http://bit.ly/11lOQTi
    Personaly I want Anet to open more zones in the world...

I've found a nice website which shows what you need for certain weapons (like Legendaries) in a decent UI. It's also possible to store your progress and you can see the spidy-values for each thing you can buy from the trading post.

http://www.gw2-craftchart.com/?item_id=115

It doesn't work for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    It doesn't work for me...
    you'll have to register

FINALLY character slots are on sale. Too bad it's only 20% vs. the 25% it was last time. Oh well, I'm not waiting another 6 months for them to go on sale. :P

I was busy buying gems to get 8 of the sickles and now the price has spiked because of the char slot. I got a slot but it's a bit of a pain.

I've been sitting on gems since March. I bought up a bunch expecting character slots to be one of their daily sales that month, but they never were. -_- Least I stockpiled before the mining pick drove up the gem exchange.

Arrow cart repellant is starting to work on me. Anyone got any suggestions for a game worth checking out?

@maarius

on that website does it show how much the total cost is? It's quite annoying to only see the unit price

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/77990/armor.jpg

I didn't want to derail the Dragon Bash thread back to discussing armor models, so I'm posting them here. :P Saw these posted on the forums, they're speculated as being the new gem store armor sets.

I think they look ugly, although, the males definitely got the better end of the deal this time. The thread has chat codes, maybe I'll see if they look any better on different races with different dye colors, but I'm not too optimistic. :P
    Last edited by Lane; 2013-06-12 at 09:23 PM.

I didn't want to derail the Dragon Bash thread back to discussing armor models, so I'm posting them here. :P Saw these posted on the forums, they're speculated as being the new gem store armor sets.

I think they look ugly, although, the males definitely got the better end of the deal this time. The thread has chat codes, maybe I'll see if they look any better on different races with different dye colors, but I'm not too optimistic. :P
    I like it overall, but the asymmetrical shoulders are such a turn off for me, which is why i can't play a medium armor class. still waiting for them to get more pants.

Guys where I can browse item sets?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Guys where I can browse item sets?
    I found that this site is the best one for viewing GW2 armor....

http://argos-soft.net/GW2ArmorGallery/

thx for guild war2 post

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    I found that this site is the best one for viewing GW2 armor....

http://argos-soft.net/GW2ArmorGallery/
    Thank you!
    It seems we'll get new info about next update soon
    Check back on June 20 for more details!
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/

I have a question about gearing for builds. I saw something that said you should try to gear according to your traits and was wondering if that's the general rule of thumb for everyone? It's easy when it's something like berserker gear, but what if your traits are precision/condition damage/toughness, for example? Is gearing for those 3 stats alone recommended if that's how your trait bonuses are focused?

I have a question about gearing for builds. I saw something that said you should try to gear according to your traits and was wondering if that's the general rule of thumb for everyone? It's easy when it's something like berserker gear, but what if your traits are precision/condition damage/toughness, for example? Is gearing for those 3 stats alone recommended if that's how your trait bonuses are focused?
    I personally first decide what I want to do. With necromancer it was decision of "Do I want to play with conditions or power?" -> I selected the power. Next I need to select "Do I want to be power+crit or power bunker?" -> I selected power bunker since I do WvW. That will we power, toughness and vitality.

Then I start to look weapons that go with it (aka weapons that do direct damage and don't focus on conditions). For necro that either dagger or axe, scepter would be condition weapon. Dagger fits for for bunker necro since I will be on melee range. If I would go berserker I would take axe for vulnerability stacking and medium range. As offhand weapon I take focus, since it gives enemy boon removal, a bit of AoE, regeneration and chill. So it is ok in WvW. For secondary weapon I took staff for full range + AoE. After selecting weapon I started to look utility skills, wells go well with power and add AoE. so I took those. If I would go full berserker I would focus more vulnerability skills.

Finally the traits. I try to find something that fits to weapons and utilities I took. Ofc the trait line bonuses need to also fit to chosen style. I don't want/need any precision or crit damage, since I decided to go to tanky.

Here is the build I have:

From traits I get 150 power, 250 toughness, 300 vitality and 300 healing. 15% condition duration and 25% boon duration are not main focus, but they just come from trait lines.

Weapons:
    - Focus skills recharge 20% faster and have increased range (1200).
    - Increases area of marks and marks become unblockable.

Wells and siphoning:
    - Siphoning health is 50% more effective.
    - Siphon health whenever you hit a foe.
    - Wells also siphon health every time they pulse. (sometimes I swap this to Dagger Mastery to get 15% faster recharge on daggers skills)
    - Wells recharge 20% faster.
    - Wells apply protection for 3 seconds when cast.

Other:
    - Deal 5% more damage while your health is above 90%.
    - Gain 5 seconds of regeneration when your health reaches 90% (30-second cooldown).
    - 5% of toughness is given as a bonus to power.
    - 5% of power is given as a bonus to healing.

Ingame (some of my ascended items aren't yet optimal, rings have MF, I haven't yet run enough FoTM with necro)

Edit: now this looks more like "how to build bunker necro" than answer to your question. ._. I can not write short reply.
    Last edited by Iryne; 2013-06-19 at 09:44 AM.

Is there a way to preview armor in game (dressing room feature)?

For example on the Cultural Armor vendors? I tried it out again yesterday which only ended me linking items into chat unintentionally.