Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    Probably safer waiting until Tuesdays patch, just to be sure
    why whatcha hear?

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    why whatcha hear?
    lots and lots of trait changes plus an added condition. In other words what is changed could change your perception on how good a particular set of armor combination will work for you.

why whatcha hear?

Official blog:
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/u...trait-changes/
    Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all.
    ~Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    lots and lots of trait changes plus an added condition. In other words what is changed could change your perception on how good a particular set of armor combination will work for you.
    why do i even bother...
    Last edited by Achaman; 2013-06-22 at 08:32 PM.

anyone know if the warriors signet "easymode" leveling build would still be viable after the changes? as i still havnt decided on what class to go with and since my guardian is at 17 so i want to make sure before i delete her
    Won't be. message too short sigh....

you can level with any build

you can level naked practically, hmm...I might try that for my next character

you can level with any build

sure but the signet war build was pretty godlike, which is why many ppl loved it :d

It wasn't till my sister was level 70-ish and in Orr that she upgraded her starter zone gear. We [me, my husband, sister, brother-in-law and our friends] ran Arah story and explorer modes as fresh 80s replacing level 40/60ish gear with the drops in the dungeon as we cleared it.

GW2 is one of the few games I have played where gear matters so little.

I just can't take any of this stuff about conditions seriously until they manage to fix (yes, fix) the way conditions stack. It's actually one of the main things that keep pushing me away from GW2.

Capping bleeds at 25 when I alone can put up 15+ stacks by myself (on my condition necro)? Are you kidding me? Why hasn't this been changed yet?
    And now we get burn, yes that's great, except it becomes practically useless in any group situation.

I just... I dunno. I give up.

Burning is one of the few conditions that actually by-passes the stack mechanic But I agree though, conditions are handled very poorly in this game.

What I've seen suggested and it seems like a good idea if we can't have individual stacks, just convert that damage to direct damage once the stack limit has been reached. Seems like a decent compromise.

A-net's excuse is that the stack limit is in place due to data-limitations (dmg is calculated server side). Your "fix" wouldn't resolve that problem. (this is BS imo but that's the info we have to go with) Your fix might even make it worse since instead of using drop-off points you get a screen that does x dmg*25/sec+ however much you go over. Necros can get 20+stacks solo without much problems so if you have to tell the server every 0.04s do what you did + x + that other guy's stacks you get more data to process.

If data truly is the issue, there isn't a simple fix and an overhaul is needed.

Yeah I've read that "reasoning" too but that sounds kinda BS to me. Unless they have the weakest server park in history (or a really badly written code) condition calculations shouldn't be an issue. I don't wanna point fingers to that other game but they managed to raise their DoT limit from 20something to practically unlimited in one of their first patches (because warlocks et al. were bawling their eyes out on the forums).

I also don't quite understand why each bleeding stack is calculated separately (as in, if you have 20 stacks on the boss you get 20 messages on your screen per second, rather than simply cumulating all your bleeds into one). But yeah, probably this part of the game is poorly coded.

Meh.

I'm sure this other game also has hundrets of players clashing to gether in huge battles on maps which are much bigger than the biggest PvE map.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I'm sure this other game also has hundrets of players clashing to gether in huge battles on maps which are much bigger than the biggest PvE map.
    what i dont understand (because i just dont know why), is why everything worked in Dark Age of Camelot back then. 300 people, tanks, healers, nukers, hybrids, cc user, dot classes, pet classes and so on... and everything worked. My pc just lagged while he was loading the models (roughly 2-5 minutes in an artifact battle) and then it was smoth like always.

Quote Originally Posted by Pion
    what i dont understand (because i just dont know why), is why everything worked in Dark Age of Camelot back then. 300 people, tanks, healers, nukers, hybrids, cc user, dot classes, pet classes and so on... and everything worked. My pc just lagged while he was loading the models (roughly 2-5 minutes in an artifact battle) and then it was smoth like always.
    I guess it's because of character model (textures, polygons, tons of animations), lighting, dynamic events on a map, waterphysics, resolution, etc.
    Characters use physics for hair and armor, armor isn't only textures but a lot of polygons, each skill uses sets of animations that can blend into each other; there's so much more stuff going on.
    Last edited by Maarius; 2013-06-23 at 05:18 PM.

I don't think anyone mentioned PvP / WvW as it is almost purely a PvE issue, but hey, you're just doing your job being the stalwart defender of all things ANet. Good lad.

As far as "massive" outdoor events go in GW2 PvE (Behemoth, Jormag and the other guys) they end up lagging so hard you can't do anything but autoattack. Just like in that other game. Proper condition stacking wouldn't make or break anything at that point.
    But hey, how dare I start a rational discussion about a valid concern.

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    I don't think anyone mentioned PvP / WvW as it is almost purely a PvE issue
    so PvE hasn't the same character models or effects, animations etc. as WvW? That's new to me.

About the "lags" in dragon battles: since I have a new laptop (I have it since I asked here in this thread about peoples opinion about it) I have no framerate-issues with GW2 at all. Playing it on max. details with relatively constant framerate. Calling me a defender clearly shows that you don't know anything about me, had quite a few critics on GW2 in the past.

Only issue I've come up with in PVE has been culling, never had any lag except very rarely when ArenaNets servers had some hiccups.

so PvE hasn't the same character models or effects, animations etc. as WvW? That's new to me.

About the "lags" in dragon battles: since I have a new laptop (I have it since I asked here in this thread about peoples opinion about it) I have no framerate-issues with GW2 at all. Playing it on max. details with relatively constant framerate. Calling me a defender clearly shows that you don't know anything about me, had quite a few critics on GW2 in the past.
    You're misunderstanding what he's saying. He (correctly) pointed out that the issues with conditions stand out a lot in PvE. I think their system is good for PvP/WvW as we've noticed in the beginning of the game with all the bleed stacking builds.