Which is a bit of a bummer since I've been playing around with a condition based Engineer and Necromancer.

Doesn't matter leveling up but if I ever decided to do some group content with them, I'd be weaker for it. They said they are trying to come up with a solution for it, I hope it's not lip service on that.

This should be interesting!
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post2268123

Quote Originally Posted by ColinJohanson
    We’re still working on a system that rewards bonuses and rewards for achieving various thresholds of achievement points on your account. More news on this soon!
    Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all.
    ~Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy

Not interesting at all. They need to remove dailies/monthlies from the count for it to matter. One of the reasons I stopped bothering with AP was the simple fact that I have long gaming sessions but I don't have 1h every day to play. So while I do more than others I get less rewards just because I can't play X-amount of time each day.

I seriously won't ever understand why they went with an "unlimited" AP system, it's stupid and unrewarding...

edit:
    Before someone says "it's never good for you". To me all they have been doing is introducing more and more carrots. What they do now is a way of forcing the daily log-in which I find BS. Look at dailies you get 15/day. In a (30day) month that's 450AP + 110 from monthlies. That's 560AP each month. The game is close to 9months old now so that's 5k AP (I know it's not accurate due to changes with daily/monthlyAP).

I'd rather have them make me want to log in because I'm having so much fun instead of making me feel like I have to clock in to work each and every day.
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2013-06-24 at 07:17 AM.

of course it's interesting, you'll get rewards for reaching certain threshholds, like the HoM I guess. I agree that there should be a separation between the daily/monthly achievement points and the standard ones; I wonder if this is still possible though. At least you can reach those threshholds without doing daylies/monthlies in time.

Okay, finding a name that isn't taken is starting to get ridiculous. I didn't even have this much trouble 5+ years into WoW finding single names that weren't taken, but even the most (I consider) off-the-wall and obscure ones are taken in GW2.

I really wanted an Asuran one that followed naming conventions, but I just don't think that's going to be possible, not as limited as it is. Unfortunately, I don't think anything else is going to look/sound right to me.

Re: Achievement points. Not holding my breath. They've been talking about that for (over?) 6 months now and it's still not done.

Hi all, just dinged 80, where is the "I'm 80 what can I do now?" post? tnx

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    of course it's interesting, you'll get rewards for reaching certain threshholds, like the HoM I guess. I agree that there should be a separation between the daily/monthly achievement points and the standard ones; I wonder if this is still possible though. At least you can reach those threshholds without doing daylies/monthlies in time.
    Logically it should be quite easy. Add all AP that aren't dailies, subtract them from the total and you know the daily/monthly combination. Now differentiating those is impossible so you'll need to put a limit on them together. Say 5k AP or w/e as a "cap"

@Lane
    What prof is your asura? Also, have you ever considered using a 'handle'? Mine is xxxxx Meledelion. So all my toons basically only have a first name but everyone can remember me easily.

My asura is named Oukka (since he's basically a bookah, I found it funny :d) Wakk (war), Zommeg, Illu (mes), Korrse (necro)...

They said originally re:achievement (tasks ;p) points, that it wouldn`t eb retro active, you`d start gaining toys for only new points you`d make.

As for the dailies, I don`t like doing these at all, nor the monthlies.
    Rewards are of zero use to me as any time I make/use an alt, it hits 80 then gets bank alted with whatever junk it had on at the time.
    I just wish they`d give us an option to get rid of the crap top right nagging constantly about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    What prof is your asura? Also, have you ever considered using a 'handle'? Mine is xxxxx Meledelion. So all my toons basically only have a first name but everyone can remember me easily.
    Female thief. Kind of wanted to stick with a short-ish name. I had a goblin in WoW named Uzo, but that was taken, so was Uza (though I suppose it was dumb to think that any 3-letter name would be available). Had a gnome named Greer, but that was taken too, so were the alternates of Grier and Greely. Even going to names I wasn't super fond of, but could have possibly lived with Nivve, Nerazza, and Ziffi were taken. Shilka, Shir... I don't even remember half the stuff I've tried so far.

I thought about a title since that's an Asuran thing, but I've always kind of hated self appointed titles, it seems really pretentious (even though I suppose that's also an Asuran thing :P). Tried combining the names like Uzo Greer or something, but I just don't like the look/sound of it. (For some reason I am really stuck on Us and Gs.) None of my other characters technically have 'handles'. I did use Lane as a surname for my guardian, but that was also because it was my WoW paladin's name. I like to reuse character names if you couldn't tell. :P

I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking of just using any old thing and hopefully I'll get a name change contract in a BLC someday whenever I can come up with something appealing that's free (hah -_-).

Most asura have double consonants. Vekk, Sokka, Jezza, Oggy, Zojja, Florggi, Snaff

An asura's name often consists of a short, sharp first name with one or two syllables. Feminine asura names typically end in -i or -a vowel sounds, but are not required to do so. Masculine names often end in a consonant sound. Both male and female Asuras often have two of the same letter in a row somewhere in their name, this being a cultural norm, but it is certainly not required. Asura do not have a last name, instead opting to use job titles, a krewe name, or honorifics to differentiate themselves. Those who choose to take a last name of a style similar to humans are rare and are considered eccentrics, though their surname is often ignored by other asura.
    Is the basic naming convention. So I'd try Greerr, Uzzo, Shirr, Nivva, Grezza are all derivations of your listed names that follow "convention" (I apparently should've gone with Oukk since it's a male toon...)

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    They said originally re:achievement (tasks ;p) points, that it wouldn`t eb retro active, you`d start gaining toys for only new points you`d make.
    they said the exact opposite:
    We will however introduce an expanded/new reward system in the future that will reward for other types of achievements, this system will reward previous achievement points earned. (But may require bringing back into line some infinitely repeatable achievements that would bloat/break this system)
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru.../8#post1273261

next time you claim something bring along a source, please

Something somewhere changed then, I`m sure it was also on the forums stating they wouldn`t.
    Good news for those that care I guess hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    Something somewhere changed then, I`m sure it was also on the forums stating they wouldn`t.
    not really

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    next time you claim something bring along a source, please
    Guild wars 2 is dying, source:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LIgb7QwRNM

(I enjoy retro a lot btw)

I jest of course, I have 999 achievment points, I rarely know what Ive got them for, to me the achievement system doesnt sit quite right, maybe because Im used to being bombarded with sound and vision whenever I achieve something no matter how tiny the achievment, GW2 seems too subtle.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-06-24 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    (I enjoy retro a lot btw)
    He has a great comedy routine, whether on purpose or incidental I don't know but he is always good for a laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Most asura have double consonants. Vekk, Sokka, Jezza, Oggy, Zojja, Florggi, Snaff

Is the basic naming convention. So I'd try Greerr, Uzzo, Shirr, Nivva, Grezza are all derivations of your listed names that follow "convention" (I apparently should've gone with Oukk since it's a male toon...)
    You forgot Kranxx. That you included all the others but ignored Kranxx is sadface
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    You forgot Kranxx. That you included all the others but ignored Kranxx is sadface
    Kranxx seems to be forgoten by Areanet too, havent found any reference of him in game (havent played asura yet), which unless im mistaken its a shame tbh.

Now that dust doesn't cost a small fortune, is there a more profitable way to spend skill points? I never did make that mystic weapon, so I still have 50 to burn on an alt I want to delete.

I guess it's because of character model (textures, polygons, tons of animations), lighting, dynamic events on a map, waterphysics, resolution, etc.
    Characters use physics for hair and armor, armor isn't only textures but a lot of polygons, each skill uses sets of animations that can blend into each other; there's so much more stuff going on.
    That really has nothing to do with what he was asking.

Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    Hi all, just dinged 80, where is the "I'm 80 what can I do now?" post? tnx
    Anything you want. All content is relevant and rewards you for your "real" level.