Jormag, unculled!

Morpheus: Do you believe that my being stronger or faster has anything to do with my muscles in this place? Do you think that's air you're breathing now?

Dear lord. Is that from just some crazy juiced rig?

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    Dear lord. Is that from just some crazy juiced rig?
    No - they have fixed culling at Claw of Jormag!!

Zillions of players, chat is flying with jokes and laughs and callouts for damage and it was amaaaaaazing!
    I gained a new found respect for ANET on how difficult it must be to scale these large world events.

Pics – in front of me, behind me and you can’t see all the ones to the side of me haha.

Morpheus: Do you believe that my being stronger or faster has anything to do with my muscles in this place? Do you think that's air you're breathing now?

Yeah I noticed no more culling for Jormag just a little while ago. Never fully realized how many people did that event until today. I saw at least 3x the amount of players than I would have with culling.

Was there any game effecting difference in not having culling?

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    No, no difference at all except now its even harder to know what is going on (well it's not hard, nothing really goes on)

I wonder if my machine will die at that unculled fights... have to check it out.
    Sing like no one ist listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Suprisingly no. There was the normal amount of Jorlag - I had a couple moments when I had to try a few times to get a heal off or switch attunements but nothing like the lag at Stonemist Castle when 3 servers worth of people are trying to control one square inch of the map.

Looks like it's confirmed on all US servers, have no idea about EU servers though. Just the one map so far.

hmm, I kind actually prefer the culling, at least for all of the friendlies.

Really the big issue of pve culling was the enemies anyway, especially in a place like Orr where you could die before the mobs would even materialize

well you can't interact with someone effectively you can't see. In zergs my defensive Ele aoe-skills are quite effective, giving frostarmor, aoe healing, aoe swiftness, aoe might,...

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Suprisingly no. There was the normal amount of Jorlag - I had a couple moments when I had to try a few times to get a heal off or switch attunements but nothing like the lag at Stonemist Castle when 3 servers worth of people are trying to control one square inch of the map.
    Hm. That's pretty cool then.

I think the engine is pretty smooth/responsive normally. I have never had any serious issues [in game bugs notwithstanding] with the actual performance of the game. Even during the supposedly lag-filled Karka event thing.

Not badly optimized.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    well you can't interact with someone effectively you can't see. In zergs my defensive Ele aoe-skills are quite effective, giving frostarmor, aoe healing, aoe swiftness, aoe might,...
    I meant more of what Karizee is talking about. Like impacting performance and such.

The new PvP map is shit, as expected. They really need to stop making tiny maps and "make up" for it with vertical lay-out it's boring as hell...

I have to agree re:battlegrounds.
    Me & five mates bought gw2 purely for the hyped battl...I mean spvp (hot joins, there is zero structured anything ;p)
    They are minuscule rats mazes, which whilst these might (at a push, barely though) be okay for 5v5 tournaments, for an 8v8 the maps should be larger.
    They can`t use excuses like some classes aren`t as fast as others, because all have access to speed, portals, IA etc etc...
    The new one I`ve seen is great for mesmers, Engies & at a push some with stomp /meh!

Oh, btw, of the six of us pvp nuts that bought this, I`m the only one that stuck with it, until Wild Star is out that is ;p

WORLD PVP!!!! 8D

Play something like Darkfall if you want world pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post

Looks like it's confirmed on all US servers, have no idea about EU servers though. Just the one map so far.
    That is really good to hear. Every time I hear about less culling I get concerned I'll need to do a funeral for my computer soon ><

Crafting this new celestial gear is.... stupid.

Can only get 1 charged crystal a day. So a minimum of 30 days to get a full set. However after the month is up the only node for crystals will be in your home instance...

So now it will take 9 days for 1 crystal.... /sigh

Celestial gear is horrible anyway, I don't see the point of making it unless you want to minimise the effect of MF on your DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Crafting this new celestial gear is.... stupid.

Can only get 1 charged crystal a day. So a minimum of 30 days to get a full set. However after the month is up the only node for crystals will be in your home instance...

So now it will take 9 days for 1 crystal.... /sigh
    I'm really not sure why they made the charged crystals account bound, but you can still buy the regular crystals.

I assume there will be other sources in later events, but you do get a lot for doing the sprints.

Really excited about the removal of culling. Luckily the new gear is terrible, so won't have to mess with the crystals.

@Karizee what server is that?