Quote Originally Posted by Fiera28 View Post
    I am participating in a wide variety of content I just wondered which events I was likely to stumble across people.
    Most likely you will find loads of people on "boss events", there is web page tracking these through game API.
    Dragons:
    - Claw of Jormag
    - The Shatterer
    - Tequatl the Sunless
    Starter area meta events:
    - The Frozen Maw
    - Shadow Behemoth
    - Great Jungle Wurm
    - Fire Elemental
    Orr temples:
    - Temple of Balthazar
    - Temple of Dwayna
    - Temple of Grenth
    - Temple of Lyssa
    - Temple of Melandru
    Other big events:
    - Modniir Ulgoth
    - Dredge Commissar
    - Eye of Zhaitan
    - Fire Shaman
    - Foulbear Chieftain
    - Gates of Arah
    - Golem Mark II
    - Karka Queen
    - Megadestroyer
    - Taidha Covington

You can see all of those event statuses from here (click your server for more info):
    EU: http://us.gw2stuff.com/en/events/eu
    NA: http://us.gw2stuff.com/en/events/us

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    With the removal of mf from items/gear, they said that they would compensate players for gear with it. The question then becomes, how.
    Thoughts?
    my guess: they use the same system they use for Legendaries... for a one-time choice of turning that MF-gear into any other stat-combo gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    Use PvP Salvage Kit: "Double-click to salvage materials from a PvP reward item in your inventory. These materials can be combined in the Mystic Forge. " http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Salvage_Kit
    It looks like you can only buy them with glory and I have none.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    It looks like you can only buy them with glory and I have none.
    Do a little bit of random SPVP. I haven't done much yet I have 2970 glory.

Just delete your pvp gear that's double. I've started deleting "reward" chests since there's nothing to be gained anyway.
    PvP salvaging also sucks donkey dick and since you get 6items per chest that means 18clicks for salvaging. I had 125 victory chests which would take me 2250clicks just to get rid of it and another 250 clicks for opening the god damn chests.

I really don't get why a-net's so keen on destroying mousebuttons (thirstslayer/salvaging/)...

or you could just ignore the above user and just salvage the gear and make dyes and other gear you don't have yet. move your inventory position so your mouse does not need to move as much when you have to select "yes" to salvaging. yes, not having a toggle for salvaging make salvaging masterwork items + a pain, but to actually destroy stuff out of protest or laziness is just silly.

(haha @ complaining about opening a mere 125 chest)
    Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!!!

Guild Wars 2: Odeezee (Necromancer) || TERA: Odeezee (Archer-Ret) || SWTOR: Odeezee (Sith Inquisitor-Ret/Jedi Sage-Ret) || GW: Odeezee Fosho (Elementalist-Ret)
    Aion: Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret), ODZ (Spirit Master-Ret) || War
    : Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret) || AoC: Odeezee (Demonologist-Ret) || WoW: Odeezee (Druid-Ret), Thaone (Mage-Ret)

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Just delete your pvp gear that's double. I've started deleting "reward" chests since there's nothing to be gained anyway.
    PvP salvaging also sucks donkey dick and since you get 6items per chest that means 18clicks for salvaging. I had 125 victory chests which would take me 2250clicks just to get rid of it and another 250 clicks for opening the god damn chests.

I really don't get why a-net's so keen on destroying mousebuttons (thirstslayer/salvaging/)...
    Don't you need PVP salvaging kits for that stuff too? I was told this was so but never even bothered to look out of disinterest.

These reward chest are probably the most lackluster reward system I know of... I got the default PVP heavy armor coat twice lol.

I don't open the individual chests either. I just throw them all out. What-effin-ever.

Yes you need pvp salvage kits for those.

@odeeze

Open all 125 chests and then start salvaging (knowing you've opened loads before and have all skins already so everything you get needs to be salvaged) and time how long it takes from start to finish...

It's simply not worth it since you can just use glory to buy the parts you need and then craft w/e you want...

+ who cares about skins anyway? I'm r36 and still running around in my basic gear, it doesn't change anything so why bother?
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2013-07-21 at 01:10 PM.

Anyone know if there's a way of reducing the pre-cast time? On my Thief I find myself sometimes double tapping Death Blossom to evade an attack only to find that I use it twice and land back in the same attack!

I have to agree, this game is RSI inducing.
    They should`ve made Enter & Escape sensitive popups.

Colin Johanson interview, a good read through (nothing about pvp though)

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/coli...ons-and-chairs

Wow, so the WvW maps don't even automatically rotate, they're fixed based on how your server placed? Ugh. Mine was second place last week and second place this week, so the same damn map. And we never, ever seem to own the green map Garrison, which is the last thing I need for 100% map completion.

So what server are all the MMO-C'ers on nowadays? I've just come back to playing and I'm going to start fresh somewhere but don't want to play alone.

I don't think there is a specific mmo server/guild. Im pretty sure there was an attempt once but not sure what happened.
    This doesn’t mean that we’re walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC. We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4.
    More corporate lies and bullshit PR in the gaming industry.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I don't think there is a specific mmo server/guild. Im pretty sure there was an attempt once but not sure what happened.
    most of them went back to wow once the panda expansion released. Which makes sense since this a predominately wow based website (and the subsequent guild was made of like minded people)

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    most of them went back to wow once the panda expansion released. Which makes sense since this a predominately wow based website (and the subsequent guild was made of like minded people)
    Needed Karizee or Drake, I do miss Drake.
    This doesn’t mean that we’re walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC. We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4.

probably my biggest mistake was not looking for another guild right away. I should have foreseen what happened.

A guild made up of people bashing on the game since before it even launched? Haha, I saw that thing imploding into a dramafest the first time someone sneezed from a mile away......in fact, it may have been designed that way....
    /tinfoil hat
    Morpheus: Do you believe that my being stronger or faster has anything to do with my muscles in this place? Do you think that's air you're breathing now?

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    probably my biggest mistake was not looking for another guild right away. I should have foreseen what happened.
    Im in a good guild now, my guild situation at the start was one of the reasons I was anti gw2, I was in a guild called Purge, spent a month getting to know people then they booted me for saying TF2 was shit, kicked me so I couldn;t even say goodbye to people I got to know, was a right sucker punch and put me right off the game, which is a bit unfair seeing as its unrelated. Guild life to me is important for an mmo, I like my current one, the game just isn't offering me the opportunity outside of PvP to get to play with them. Dont mention guild missions, not even close to offering anything fun for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Snip
    Dunno, I wasn't a part of it, can't even remember who ran it. If you want a well run guild you have to love the game, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    Most likely you will find loads of people on "boss events", there is web page tracking these through game API.
    Dragons:
    - Claw of Jormag
    - The Shatterer
    - Tequatl the Sunless
    Starter area meta events:
    - The Frozen Maw
    - Shadow Behemoth
    - Great Jungle Wurm
    - Fire Elemental
    Orr temples:
    - Temple of Balthazar
    - Temple of Dwayna
    - Temple of Grenth
    - Temple of Lyssa
    - Temple of Melandru
    Other big events:
    - Modniir Ulgoth
    - Dredge Commissar
    - Eye of Zhaitan
    - Fire Shaman
    - Foulbear Chieftain
    - Gates of Arah
    - Golem Mark II
    - Karka Queen
    - Megadestroyer
    - Taidha Covington

You can see all of those event statuses from here (click your server for more info):
    EU: http://us.gw2stuff.com/en/events/eu
    NA: http://us.gw2stuff.com/en/events/us
    Someone just reported on another boss event that also drops a bonus chest, Rhendak the Crazed in Diessa Plateau. He's at the end of the Flame Temple Tombs mini-dungeon.