10+ Year Old Account
    Lane, I already agreed that if you are not enjoying your current server you may want to look into a transfer, especially if you are playing at crosspoints to prime time on your current server and are more interested in the large group gameplay of WvW. I was just pointing out to Bovinity who stated "No one ever shows up" that the statement is false and hyperbolic since the sheer number of points your server has earned indicates otherwise.

I would recommend guesting around first before transferring to make sure your new server meets your needs and talking with the WvW guilds to make sure their prime coverage playtime coincides with yours since that is a factor for you.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    That`s one problem with guesting though.
    You`ve no real way of seeing whether that server is active at the times you pop over there (your usual game time) because you can press "B" for the WvWs UI, but it`ll show nothing as it`s not the server you`re from. That used to bug me, never able to know how bad/good your server is doing whilst you`re pratting about on other servers.
    I guess you could hope to find someone honest about their state of WvWs, but then why aren`t they in WvWs defeding/attacking the other zergs
    Maybe join guilds on those servers & see how many are online & in WvWs at the time...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Click the Live Map button to get a good idea of coverage any time day or night on any server. You can also drill down to previous matches and see score/income data for when a server controlled point objectives.

http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups/
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Lane, I already agreed that if you are not enjoying your current server you may want to look into a transfer, especially if you are playing at crosspoints to prime time on your current server and are more interested in the large group gameplay of WvW. I was just pointing out to Bovinity who stated "No one ever shows up" that the statement is false and hyperbolic since the sheer number of points your server has earned indicates otherwise.

I would recommend guesting around first before transferring to make sure your new server meets your needs and talking with the WvW guilds to make sure their prime coverage playtime coincides with yours since that is a factor for you.
    So, in other words, you're basically telling her to join a server like Blackgate. Which in turn only further increases problems with WvW. Aka, everyone congregates on the same few servers, leaving most of the others dead or at the very least, underwhelming. Good idea! *rolls eyes*

Leave it to the blind to come up with an alternative (and a bad one at that) instead of a solution.

And I think I just realized why every server is now considered "Very High". It's so Anet gets the maximum amount of money from transfers now, no matter where you move to. Greedy, money whores...yet again. If they were serious about fixing WvW balance problems, they could at least start by making transfers to the crappy servers either really cheap or free. But they won't. They are more concerned with money than their players' quality of life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I had an inspiration for a new movie.

"Misery 2"

Starring James Caan as Colin Johanson and Kathy Bates as Karizee.

Set in a distant future where GW2 is eventually shut down, but one fan just can't let go......

"Write me the next Scarlet episode, Colin! WRITE IT!!!!"

Mod Edit: A warning was given to cease this type of nonsense. It is not acceptable to continue harassing any user of this forum personally.
    Oh come on Fencers, you as well as everyone else here knows that it's true. Get that stick out of your butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Oh come on Fencers, you as well as everyone else here knows that it's true. Get that stick out of your butt.
    I do not make the MMO-C rules or guidelines. All users of the MMO-C forums must be respectful toward each other under all circumstances. It is simply not permissible to allow continued harassment of any user of the forums.

The video game forums should be about the games. Off topic forums and PMs satisfy other desires on MMO-C.

Moderator actions are not up for debate. However, if you do have an issue with a user- be they admin, mod or typical user, you can contact administration with your grievance.

TLDR: Get off Karizee's nuts and talk about something interesting.

Edge of the Mists Beta is finishing up! Discuss.

EotM is pretty fun. I think people will love it.

Deleted
    I`m dubious about the new map, placing bets that it`ll show even more warrior/necro/guardian/engie knockbacks with the occasional mesmer & rare random others.
    One thing curious about. If someone queues for borders map or eb & they`re full, does it send you to here, or leaves you in a queue guessing when if ever you`ll get in & this map is purely optional?
    Also, what`s with all of the npcs? It`s meant to be a pvp area.
    It was bad enough they added their own SR bot in borders, but this..?
    I still don`t think anything`ll change. There`s even less reason to roam/small party due to the dungeon bosses scattered around & that means just more zerg fests & more then likely higher repair bill & less loots to pay for them.
    Few I know are in the map already & have said similar & don`t hold any hope for it.

P.S. Anyone else notice they spelt Wurm wrong on the map? ;p
    P.P.S. This kid posted clips of all areas minus any action. Low quality gfx, but shows the area regardless.
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...ctives-Preview

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    Edge of the Mists Beta is finishing up! Discuss.

EotM is pretty fun. I think people will love it.
    4 hour queues to get into Eternal Battlegrounds last night, I can't WAIT for this map! From the vids I've seen it looks like they are rolling out some interesting mechanics. I know they are designing this map as a live test bed for mechanics they can roll into WvW proper, should be interesting to see.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    4 hour queues to get into Eternal Battlegrounds last night, I can't WAIT for this map! From the vids I've seen it looks like they are rolling out some interesting mechanics. I know they are designing this map as a live test bed for mechanics they can roll into WvW proper, should be interesting to see.
    This quote from the official forums pretty much sums up the EotM map:

"Instead of taking on the problems the game has in wvw now they have created a map nobody asked for and is only good for the top populated servers."

So....yeah.....yet again, Anet ignores actual problems in this game and instead gives players something they didn't even ask for or needed. Not to mention this map will probably bring a whole slew of new problems with it. Leave it to Anet to ignore the problems that have been in the game since launch and instead add in even MORE problems instead.

*sigh* They really don't have a fucking clue what they're doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    That guy hasn't been paying attention. More WvW maps to lower queues has been one of the most requested updates since the game launched (other than the culling issue which was fixed earlier this year). The trick for ArenaNet was how to implement more map without putting servers that don't have high WvW interest at a disadvantage.

EotM is actually a quite brilliant solution.
    Valar morghulis

People wanted some answer to queues. Also, this was done with thoughts of the China release looming. Chinese WvWvW participation was overflowing during beta. There's other issues WvWvW has, but it's silly to claim nobody had been asking for a new map.

People wanted some answer to queues. Also, this was done with thoughts of the China release looming. Chinese WvWvW participation was overflowing during beta. There's other issues WvWvW has, but it's silly to claim nobody had been asking for a new map.
    They have been asking for a new map. yes. Just not one that contributes absolutely nothing. It's literally a "go in and kill shit for lulz" map. What a huge waste of time and resources on Anet's part. They COULD have spent that time actually doing something to existing WvW and fixing the problems there. Instead we get, in essence, a useless map.

How it alters the rest of WvWvW is still undecided, so you can't really make any claim as to it being meaningless. Currently, the items you can attain in EotM can be brought over to Eternal and the Borderlands. They disabled the res tof WvWvW in the third week of testing, so I am not sure if that's still a thing you can do or not, but the items themselves would have some impact on WvW gameplay. Namely, the scouting turret that reveals enemies that pass by it would be important. However, from all they've said in the beta and the beta forums, nothing is final and what transfers over is yet undecided.

It is true that it is mostly a lobby and an alternative for WvW combat play. It will be a testing ground as well. Things like the worm tunnel shortcuts might be possible plans for future map alterations. So it's not useless, at least not in my estimation. It's an active testing ground for future WvW development, while also possibly having important carry over. I just can't say because they aren't decided yet on what will carry over between eotm and the match maps.

There's other issues to address, but EotM existing doesn't mean those issues aren't being worked on. In some manner, they are one in the same.

How it alters the rest of WvWvW is still undecided, so you can't really make any claim as to it being meaningless. Currently, the items you can attain in EotM can be brought over to Eternal and the Borderlands. They disabled the res tof WvWvW in the third week of testing, so I am not sure if that's still a thing you can do or not, but the items themselves would have some impact on WvW gameplay. Namely, the scouting turret that reveals enemies that pass by it would be important. However, from all they've said in the beta and the beta forums, nothing is final and what transfers over is yet undecided.

It is true that it is mostly a lobby and an alternative for WvW combat play. It will be a testing ground as well. Things like the worm tunnel shortcuts might be possible plans for future map alterations. So it's not useless, at least not in my estimation. It's an active testing ground for future WvW development, while also possibly having important carry over. I just can't say because they aren't decided yet on what will carry over between eotm and the match maps.

There's other issues to address, but EotM existing doesn't mean those issues aren't being worked on. In some manner, they are one in the same.
    If Anet actually had some form of competent in-house testing, then stuff like this wouldn't even be needed. It's been obvious from the get go that their testing and quality control is basically non-existent.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The soundtrack is actually very good. There is just like not enough of it. The pieces are very brief, play infrequently and the sound mixing muffles some of the instrumentation.

Morrowind, Total Annihilation and Eye of the North are still Soule's best work.

That Morrowind soundtrack is unforgettable. Some of the best music to theme and setting composition I ever heard. Haunting stuff.
    Heavily agree with that Morrowind comment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    If Anet actually had some form of competent in-house testing, then stuff like this wouldn't even be needed. It's been obvious from the get go that their testing and quality control is basically non-existent.
    I (& several dozen others) have always, on the forums & in game, said the game seems to be lacking any real sort of QA & it seems some anet staff think so too.

Just one of many quotes from: http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Are...ws-E255820.htm
    http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...-two-founders/

"-Considering the workflow at ArenaNet, I'm not entirely sure why they still have contract QA positions. ArenaNet, with its releases every two weeks, always have work to be doing. Why send employees packing?"

Staff turn over seems to be high ((Robert Hrouda, one other (forgotten their name) did a blog about the firm & shortly after got laid off etc, many regular devs chatting on forums tend to go quiet fairly sharpish), some getting 3 month contracts & others 12 months & a forced 3 month hiatus before being given chance to return. With the wages apparently being lower then usual, you`d think they`d keep folk on regardless.../shrug
    Also, charging your staff for parking? Unusual lol

The game definitely needs a proper PTR I think. Sure, it`d be spoilers for those that do test it, but there`ve been some pretty major errors over time that PTRs &/or full time QA would`ve likely spotted & reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    The game definitely needs a proper PTR I think. Sure, it`d be spoilers for those that do test it, but there've been some pretty major errors over time that PTRs &/or full time QA would`ve likely spotted & reported.
    This.

I get that they want to keep things a secret until it goes live, as not to spoil stuff for any of the players, but seriously? If you are gonna go that route, then you NEED to have your shit figured out from the get go. Not just develop something, throw it into the wild, watch it break, and then continually patch it up for the entire 2 weeks it's out. In this day and age, that is unacceptable. People can say "Well, it's an MMO, so it's to be expected". Sorry, but that doesn't fly....especially with the track record Anet has had so far. They need a better way of testing before releasing anything. End of story.

My urge for optimisation bit me in the ass. I casually mentioned that rangers should use bear as elite since all else sucks and now my team wants me to reroll to a norn
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Deleted
    Well they can still hire some pretty big group of people to play PTR under NDA. I think they make enough money from gem store to do this.

Not really, you need hundreds of testers, preferably people like me who like to know every little detail of an encounter and who will scout out an entire room for places where you can make clever use of game mechanics.

An open PTR really is the only way of testing that's feasible in an MMO.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).