Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    Possible hint towards the mini-pet arena being playable soon?
    Needs more pokemanz imo, not enough games have copied it yet. But ya the fact these things even had attack animations in the first place(and the fact they've said they want to do more with pets) is a good indicator they're going to go the pet dueling/pokemon route that WoW or various other games have been doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    Needs more pokemanz imo, not enough games have copied it yet. But ya the fact these things even had attack animations in the first place(and the fact they've said they want to do more with pets) is a good indicator they're going to go the pet dueling/pokemon route that WoW or various other games have been doing.
    Probably more in the tradition of GW1's polymock (after all, the Polymock Arena map has been in the game since the beta, they just haven't opened the asura gate yet!)

btw, they deployed a patch today to remove the health bars and combat skills from the mini's. Seems they aren't ready to launch this just quite yet ;-)
    Morpheus: Do you believe that my being stronger or faster has anything to do with my muscles in this place? Do you think that's air you're breathing now?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    Were the animations any different from the full size mobs of the same type? Might have just been some crossed-code.

Is there a way to find out if a specific character name is in use on other servers than your home server?

In the game you can't make characters on different servers except your home server, are the only options these two; delete all current characters and then select a new home server (if the game lets you choose a new server in this case), or purchase a few new accounts and start making characters on various servers to see if the name is reserved there?
    Last edited by dragothica; 2013-08-25 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Is there a way to find out if a specific character name is in use on other servers than your home server?

In the game you can't make characters on different servers except your home server, are the only options these two; delete all current characters and then select a new home server (if the game lets you choose a new server in this case), or purchase a few new accounts and start making characters on various servers to see if the name is reserved there?
    Sorry dragothica, names are worldwide. There can be only one!
    Morpheus: Do you believe that my being stronger or faster has anything to do with my muscles in this place? Do you think that's air you're breathing now?

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post

I believe names are across all servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Sorry dragothica, names are worldwide. There can be only one!
    Ah well, didn't know this. The name was then probably reserved somewhere during early access of the game. I guess I should then use another name which I happen to have reserved on a character which I haven't actually played that much (one of my first chars).

But back then I chose wrong profession, Warrior, and I'd like to play as Guardian, as they are well, so great, durable and fun to play. I already have one but I'd make another with different background..

Is the only way to get an ascended back piece via fractals? It looks like you can upgrade the Sclerite Karka Shell in the mystic forge, but won't that make it soulbound instead of account bound?

Normally it's the opposite lane. When you soulbound it already and upgrade it the item becomes accountbound again (so you can put it on another toon.

It just came to me that GM support is virtually non-existent in this game. How I can be sure that another Targaryen will get a forced name change or person having told me to kill myself will be suspended? No player control over support make one believe that all the reports are going to bitbucket.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    How I can be sure that another Targaryen will get a forced name change or person having told me to kill myself will be suspended? No player control over support make one believe that all the reports are going to bitbucket.
    1. You don't in other games either
    2. You never get to decide who gets a forced name-change and the system in GW is the same as in WoW, flag someone and they investigate.
    3. If you can't take an "I ***** ur mom" or a "Go kill yourself" there are a couple of things you can do. 1. set yourself to offline so ppl can't PM you. 2. ignore and move on 3. run up to mom and ask what she did with "thapownerxxxx" after which you hang yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Normally it's the opposite lane. When you soulbound it already and upgrade it the item becomes accountbound again (so you can put it on another toon.
    Right now I think it's permanently account bound, at least I'm fairly sure I've swapped it between characters already (same with the white flower). It'd really suck if making it ascended soulbinds it.

Tackhisis trolling again... I wonder why he still is around. Playing the game?! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    It just came to me that GM support is virtually non-existent in this game. How I can be sure that another Targaryen will get a forced name change or person having told me to kill myself will be suspended? No player control over support make one believe that all the reports are going to bitbucket.
    Why do you care what happens, report and move on like in every other game in existence.

Do you really go around reporting people with names you think they shouldn't have? And then, do you really expect the GM's to keep you up to date on the status of someone elses' account?

Go mind your own business, seriously.

I think all reporters in regards to obscenity are hypocritical. If you can read "FUCK YOU" it means you turned off the adult filter and thus your right to complain flies straight out of the window.

For names I really don't get why people would demand to rename toons like "Cunning Stunt", I highly doubt kids will get those names and thus that there will be any impact.

If it's "for the poor innocent children" it's time to remind yourself that there's nudity, violence and swearing all over, and thus that w/e they've come across in the game, they probably saw it on the web (or worse).

I like that they are so proactive in keeping mapchat decent. A few months back I was in Frostgorge waiting for Jormag and there was this fella just cursing up a blue streak in chat (this rarely happens since ANet is so strict about it). Anyhow this little asura with an ANet tag comes running up the hill behind the tents, waits there for a minute listening, then *poof* random raging internet guy just disappeared just like that.

I laughed so hard.

It's not even profanity, though. He talks about "people with a Targaryen name"...really? Do you REALLY go around reporting people for having GoT or WoT or other names?

Just sad. Mind your own life.

I must be missing something here.
    Why was someone reported for having the name "Targaryen"?
    Having Google`d, this is something from Game of Thrones, how is that meant to be abusive, against ToS or whatever?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    I must be missing something here.
    Why was someone reported for having the name "Targaryen"?
    Having Google`d, this is something from Game of Thrones, how is that meant to be abusive, against ToS or whatever?
    Probably copy-righted and you're not allowed to use it, but not sure.

I think the only time I reported someone for name was BigDickTank in WoW...

OTOH, I don't report people for cussing, unless it's one of those ranting types that is filling map chat with such, and calling everybody various things.