1. #32741
    Strangely since this last update, I haven't had any desire to play so I haven't touched the game since then. Never thought I'd say that.

    Anyway, hopefully the next update will have something more interesting for me.

  2. #32742
    I feel that too, but probably for different reasons. It's a large part of burnout from the past month.

  3. #32743
    Dreadlord SinR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My Own Personal Hell
    Posts
    922
    meh, I just can't get into Charr. They just don't look appealing to me. Asura, fuck yeah. Norn, fuck yeah. Human, sure. Sylvari, sure. Charr... meh

    I've almost got every race to 30 for story achievements, except Charr. my Charr Thief is still stuck at level 2.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

    3DS FC 0920-0769-4582 Trainer: SinR. Safari: Water. Wartortle/Octillery/Frogadier

    Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    YAY CASUALIZATION!

  4. #32744
    Everything about Asura annoys me...the fact too that we get a reactor explosion fractal over motherfucking Abaddon's fall...probably the single most important pantheon and event in GW lore...
    "What the fuck is a Lommy?"

    On Parole from Retard Rehabilitation since March 5, 2014.

  5. #32745
    I see your point and..


  6. #32746
    See! look at that greasy little fat headed, stupid eared fuck.
    "What the fuck is a Lommy?"

    On Parole from Retard Rehabilitation since March 5, 2014.

  7. #32747
    I wonder if they'll throw the ban hammer on me for leveling my second ranger using scrolls and crafting, I only got to lvl 56 and then they put out the message that they consider it an exploit so I quit.

    (I lvld 2 Crafts as usual though)
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2013-09-06 at 08:42 PM.

  8. #32748
    I thought you could level by crafting, now it's an exploit? That doesn't make sense.

  9. #32749
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    I wonder if they'll throw the ban hammer on me for leveling my second ranger using scrolls and crafting, I only got to lvl 56 and then they put out the message that they consider it an exploit so I quit.
    uuhhh, wut? What message?
    "What the fuck is a Lommy?"

    On Parole from Retard Rehabilitation since March 5, 2014.

  10. #32750
    I tried looking at the forums and reddit but anything involved with any kind of crafting exploit has been deleted. So I'm not sure what happened.

  11. #32751
    Ah looks like I need to clarify a bit.

    Normally if you get a craft to 400 you no longer get XP from making stuff. So as long as you go 0-400 you get XP but making destroyer weapons or omnomberry bars or w/e you no longer would level.

    Leveling another craft will again give you XP as long as you're not 80.

    With the recent patch they changed the weapon crafts to 500 instead of 400. In doing so to gain 10lvls from crafting you have to craft all the way up to 500. Now a-net made a booboo in that non weapon crafts also only give 7lvls from 0-400 but you can't go to 500 with those (yet) this did result in the fact that crafting with those at 400 would still give you XP.

    reddit link http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...fting_exploit/

    I lvld 2crafts to 400 (cooking and tailor) and noticed I was only lvl 34 but I noticed I still got XP from crafts so I kept going.

  12. #32752
    Ahh, but you stopped early. From what I've read on reddit, there are people who leveled several characters from start to 80 that way in less than a few hours.

    Those are the folks who would be in trouble. I doubt you have anything to worry about.

    And to further my point

    The post on the forum was removed because advertising or talking about exploitation is strictly forbidden on the official forums. While the issue at hand is a game bug, and is being addressed, it should be noted that abusing a game bug for gain is considered an exploit. I also understand that most users are going to run into this during normal gameplay, and I am fully taking this into account when investigating players abusing this bug for significant gain.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...xploit/cc33s4e

    I think you are safe, Mel
    Last edited by Doozerjun; 2013-09-06 at 09:03 PM.

  13. #32753
    Meh, no one should get banned. Makes up for how bad they effectively nerfed crafting XP.

  14. #32754
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Everything about Asura annoys me...the fact too that we get a reactor explosion fractal over motherfucking Abaddon's fall...probably the single most important pantheon and event in GW lore...
    The only thing that I dislike with Asura is the camera glitch sometimes, where you see your head from the inside. Big floating eyeballs and pointy damn teeth are freaky!

    Otherwise, Asura are the best!

    ("why do Charr look like they have four ears?" "originally they were designed so Asura could use them as mounts, so two of the 'ears' are for steering. Eventually Asura just built golems, they smell less.")

    - - - Updated - - -

    Norn I don't care for, but I like their shape-changing skills.

    Eventually of course, I want them to make an actual shape-changing class, and I think they could do a good job of it, but not holding my breath.

  15. #32755
    Mechagnome Fishbait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    On a wild ride with Zebedee.
    Posts
    736
    Charr have the same problem, go into any small room, cave, cathedral or a jp, most of the time you`re staring inside your carcass.

    Asurats have a huge camera bug, if you`re on walls of keeps in WvWs, some places your camera will just keep rushing in & out, like it used to with engie kits or wtk is was some time back.

    Surprised that hasn`t given someone a stroke.

  16. #32756
    I'm loving runes of perplexity on my new Asura ranger. Together with my reef drake

    They need a fix but I'm gonna enjoy it while it lasts

  17. #32757
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Strangely since this last update, I haven't had any desire to play so I haven't touched the game since then. Never thought I'd say that.

    Anyway, hopefully the next update will have something more interesting for me.
    Having not played since the patch before Dragon Bash, I decided to check the new stuff. After a couple of play sessions I remembered why for me personally it's difficult to play for much more than that without losing interest. It bothers me, really, I find this game visually beautiful, the landscape, the atmosphere, the underwater stuff (love the underwater environments, sounds, it's so relaxing)... yet it feels only like a beautiful painting, it's awesome indeed to look at but... only that. Being mostly a PvE player and loving RPGs (besides having those 3 letters "MMO" before them) I'm struggling to find stuff that "grabs me" to keep playing. All these patches, they only give you side activities, mini games, stuff like that. They really don't have "weight" or "substance" (to me, ofc).

    For example, these new ascended craftables. Yesterday it was awesome to see the server bursting with ppl doing all sort of stuff that gave them the needed mats. Champion trains all over, lots of temples uncontested (yes, even Balth! :P), ppl doing dungeon runs. All great right? All of a sudden I was almost tempted into thinking "Awesome, ppl working on their gear upgrades so that after they can progress on... errr, on..... errr..." Yeah. Thing is, PvE-wise I feel everything is just so pointless, goalless... Ok, so your "work" payed off and you finally craft your ascended weapon and so now where you gonna use it on? SAB? Crab toss? JPs? Dungeons that can be done in masterwork gear regardless? World bosses that are just HP pools to zerg? Where? Where is that challenging boss/mob/thing that requires it or for which it is useful? Where is... progression in this game? For me at least an RPG is all about progression, improving your character, making it better so you can face the challenges ahead of you. In my eyes, GW2 lots of times feels like an "MMO" only, without the RPG part.

    Sorry for the (long) rant but I really find this game so beautiful and yet it's sad at the same time because to me it feels like such a damn waste
    Last edited by Sueisfine; 2013-09-07 at 05:21 PM.
    I'll tell you in another life, when we are both cats.

  18. #32758
    I've come to the conclusion I don't really want to be challenged in this game. I don't think GW2 is set up for it. Part of the problem I had with the gauntlet is there is literally nothing to prepare you for it. (Maybe PvP, but not everyone PvPs.)

    GW2 is a lazy game, at least to me. Let's put it this way, I routinely click the #6-0 abilities because I've had no real reason to keybind them to something more convenient or to train myself to use those keybindings. Same with the F# keys, to be honest. It's entirely possible to get to 80 naked using only auto attack, so whenever they throw in something "challenging" it's like, uh, what?

    Same thing with SAB. First incarnation was a fun little retro playground. This time it's "challenging" and the reception for that has been poor. I don't believe it's because people are generally bad players, or entitled, or whatever. I believe it's because GW2 is not orchestrated around being challenging.

    Besides, it seems like the most "challenge" you can expect are twitch mechanics (based almost entirely around one-shots) and memorization. I mean, if there's something more please let me know because I certainly haven't seen it. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of player choice involved, if you can hit hotkeys fast enough and remember where to step you win. However, that still doesn't change the fact that for most of the game you don't even have to worry about that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sueisfine View Post
    Sorry for the (long) rant but I really find this game so beautiful and yet it's sad at the same time because to me it feels like such a damn waste
    Well, with all due respect, welcome to how I feel about every raid encounter ever designed, just as one example. There are always going to be beautiful games, or even just areas of games, that won't fit your playstyle.

    My basic point here is that I think GW2 is set up for and works well as a stress-free, playground type of game. I am kind of baffled when people want it to be more because I don't understand what would draw true challenge seekers to a game like GW2 in the first place when out of the gate it is super easy and basically remains so. When you throw in stuff like Liadri or pre-nerf SAB I think people just don't know what to do with it. It's outside of what the rest of the game is. That's just my opinion, anyway.

  19. #32759
    Quote Originally Posted by Sueisfine View Post
    Having not played since the patch before Dragon Bash, I decided to check the new stuff. After a couple of play sessions I remembered why for me personally it's difficult to play for much more than that without losing interest. It bothers me, really, I find this game visually beautiful, the landscape, the atmosphere, the underwater stuff (love the underwater environments, sounds, it's so relaxing)... yet it feels only like a beautiful painting, it's awesome indeed to look at but... only that. Being mostly a PvE player and loving RPGs (besides having those 3 letters "MMO" before them) I'm struggling to find stuff that "grabs me" to keep playing. All these patches, they only give you side activities, mini games, stuff like that. They really don't have "weight" or "substance" (to me, ofc).

    For example, these new ascended craftables. Yesterday it was awesome to see the server bursting with ppl doing all sort of stuff that gave them the needed mats. Champion trains all over, lots of temples uncontested (yes, even Balth! :P), ppl doing dungeon runs. All great right? All of a sudden I was almost tempted into thinking "Awesome, ppl working on their gear upgrades so that after they can progress on... errr, on..... errr..." Yeah. Thing is, PvE-wise I feel everything is just so pointless, goalless... Ok, so your "work" payed off and you finally craft your ascended weapon and so now where you gonna use it on? SAB? Crab toss? JPs? Dungeons that can be done in masterwork gear regardless? World bosses that are just HP pools to zerg? Where? Where is that challenging boss/mob/thing that requires it or for which it is useful? Where is... progression in this game? For me at least an RPG is all about progression, improving your character, making it better so you can face the challenges ahead of you. In my eyes, GW2 lots of times feels like an "MMO" only, without the RPG part.

    Sorry for the (long) rant but I really find this game so beautiful and yet it's sad at the same time because to me it feels like such a damn waste
    Basically ascended weapons or really ascended anything are meant for high level fractals where enemies use really powerful attacks with some stat called agony, you can make your ascended stuff have agony resistance so the enemies agony attacks don't completely destroy you. That's basically the sole purpose of the ascended gear, but it can be helpful in places like WvW since it gives you more stats than exotic, so you can do more damage or take more hits depending on what type of stats your gear has.

    To me I view GW2 as a similar game to that of The Elder Scrolls games or Kingdoms of Amalur, and I view all these content patches that Arenanet release as small dlc packs that have so far been given out for free. That's why I keep playing it, plus I've made a goal to level one of each class and race to level cap and get them all into at least exotic gear. Then there's the WvW which I like as well, so that keeps me playing too.

  20. #32760
    SAB is not even hard, it's just repetition. The only hard part was 2-1 geyser and they nerfed that into oblivion. TM is only hard because you have to figure out a set path but if you have a guide it's just trivial.

    People complaining that it's too hard are people who don't run it enough to get the hang of it. I feel W2 is as easy as W1 it's just really really long compared to W1. Storm wizard is a joke. Deflect attacks for the first phase, 2nd phase stand in middle platform till lightning stops then stand on outer then back to middle when lightning stops again and storm wizard stuns himself.

    And if you still suck at normal mode there is baby mode. It caters to all players of difficulty (except hard core players since they just nerfed TM to fucking easy you might as well added a baby mode rainbow cloud to it)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •