Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Heh...when you can be first an entire race and get magically dropped any number of posts down to last without much warning, I wouldn't really call that balanced. It is unfortunate that starting late typically makes you fall victim to fake power ups, but I also noticed I was getting pelted with attacks from people who were nowhere near me when I was in first.
    Well, I wasn't necessarily talking about the blue shell. Actually, SS is almost the reverse of the blue shell by lavishing 1st place with Fake Power-ups. Those when strategically placed can easily knock someone back several spots. Most of the other abilities are limited by range and the infinite range ones are rare and easily avoided.

There really isn't much of anything to boost players that are behind unless you get lucky with Light Travels, which isn't the case with Mario Kart at all. Likewise, as mentioned, in Mario Kart you almost don't want to be in 1st place due to blue shells, but in SS first place is practically home free.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    It's also irritating to get in as #8, be told "this is a late start so non-scoring", while 6 minutes left and I finish second place anyway...
    Yeah, that happened to me earlier. I got ported to mid-race, was #6 with almost 5 minutes left, and told that. I just go around popping vases and using power-ups for the achievement (already have all the crystals) when that happens, but it is irritating, I agree.

As has been asked often before. I need a good active server for the US. I normally do world events and explore but like to pop into WvW from time to time. I have been playing on Aurora Glade in the EU but have moved to the US so it makes sense to move servers too.

Go Aurora Glade, woohoo! \o/

What's the deal with the Mac version of Guild Wars 2? It's been in Beta for over a year and there have been no major updates on a final release...?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    As has been asked often before. I need a good active server for the US. I normally do world events and explore but like to pop into WvW from time to time. I have been playing on Aurora Glade in the EU but have moved to the US so it makes sense to move servers too.
    My two suggestions:

Tarnished Coast is always active and has a long running PVE scene. I play on Stormbluff Isle and we have a healthy population and community. (Including a community forum that's been there since launch.) TC is #4 in WvWvW, and SBI is in the 5-8 range. (We're getting lots of attention/fights because we stomped people pre-league and now they stacked up and want revenge. =P) Our WvWvW vibe is mostly militia-based, with a public TS for the server. We've been #1 and down to tier four. We don't normally have queues outside of reset weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Searsha View Post
    What's the deal with the Mac version of Guild Wars 2? It's been in Beta for over a year and there have been no major updates on a final release...?
    It will probably be Beta forever because it's an awful port, and because of that it has horrible performance issues and other bugs... and ANet probably doesn't want to deal with the (legal) complaints.

I mean it's so bad for me I can barely play on lowest settings, meanwhile the Windows version runs smoothly with medium-high settings.

im in EU and play on a US server. why? because i can

- - - Updated - - -

last night and just now ive completed the daily 5/5 without getting a chest it says its complete but never get a shaking chest above my minimap so no laurel

ive sent a ticket but knowing how shit game support is i wont get a reply

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post

- - - Updated - - -

last night and just now ive completed the daily 5/5 without getting a chest it says its complete but never get a shaking chest above my minimap so no laurel

I did consider staying but the world can be a bit empty at 4am server time.

Are you sure that the new day has started in the US? I have found that I sometimes start playing and then realize that I am still on the previous days daily.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    My two suggestions:

Tarnished Coast is always active and has a long running PVE scene. I play on Stormbluff Isle and we have a healthy population and community. (Including a community forum that's been there since launch.) TC is #4 in WvWvW, and SBI is in the 5-8 range. (We're getting lots of attention/fights because we stomped people pre-league and now they stacked up and want revenge. =P) Our WvWvW vibe is mostly militia-based, with a public TS for the server. We've been #1 and down to tier four. We don't normally have queues outside of reset weekends.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Will join Stormbluff Isle and see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post

- - - Updated - - -

But your internet probably isnt crap like the ones we have here in the US thats why my US guild has Swedish players who joined to play with a single friend. Their internet allows them to play here flawlessly but their friend cant play in EU servers cause our internet is a joke in comparison to that of some European countries and Korea.
    Can you believe it? My ISP is amazing, look

Oh yea i forgot there was a 0. in front of the 8 ... internet service in America sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    But your internet probably isnt crap like the ones we have here in the US thats why my US guild has Swedish players who joined to play with a single friend. Their internet allows them to play here flawlessly but their friend cant play in EU servers cause our internet is a joke in comparison to that of some European countries and Korea.
    I was playing on the EU servers and was staying in South Africa and I can tell you that the internet here is much better than SA. The latency to the EU is about the same, maybe 20% faster. The raw speed is much higher and it costs a lot less. So I am definitely not complaining

How do people see where to treb in WvW? O_o Even with max settings it still seems like you're basically shooting in the dark (so to speak).

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    How do people see where to treb in WvW? O_o Even with max settings it still seems like you're basically shooting in the dark (so to speak).
    They don't see, they either just know how far to load or they use spotters to guide them.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Yeah go for Tarnished Coast. Community wise, TC is one of the better servers. It has active LGBTI guilds and is also the unofficial RP server, so there's lots of people walking around in active roleplay (gives the world some soul, I think!). Also, because of the strong RP presence on the server, there is often at least some people participating in world events outside of the big dragon-timer ones, so there's lots to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryoukthebloodelf View Post
    In Robotics, the kids who play WoW were being bullied by the kids who played D&D.

So... I was searching for utopia and eotn (gw1) concept arts and found this : http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=108591

One of them reminds me of Zephyr Sanctum Labyrinthine Cliffs a little... is it just me or does anybody see it as well?
    Last edited by Roudene; 2013-10-25 at 03:11 PM.

I can see the resemblance to Zephyr Sanctum

Just as an aside, that was probably my favorite update so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I can see the resemblance to Zephyr Sanctum

Just as an aside, that was probably my favorite update so far.
    What was so good about it? That's one of the ones I completely missed, so I have no idea what happened. It looked cool, steampunk floaty zepps and everything, so I'm not sure why I didn't play it.

I just really liked the design of the new area. Plus adding all of the new movement skills was cool. That allowed for some interesting ways to try and get the sky crystals (was an achievement for that). Plus the tie in from GW1 of the zone (from Glint). I thought they might have used that to progress the story to the Crystal Desert but alas that wasn't so (at least not yet).

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    What was so good about it? That's one of the ones I completely missed, so I have no idea what happened. It looked cool, steampunk floaty zepps and everything, so I'm not sure why I didn't play it.
    You're thinking of Aetherblade pirates with a steampunk theme. Zephyr Sanctum was all about kites, new movement skills in set in a background of gorgeous music, waterfalls, skipping and flipping around cliffs on the crystal hunt, fun mini games and great lore about the Zephyrites. I've heard it described as a love letter to the Cantha fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM1bJcHT2P0

You can get a feel for what it was like by playing Sanctum Sprint.
    Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all.
    ~Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I just really liked the design of the new area. Plus adding all of the new movement skills was cool. That allowed for some interesting ways to try and get the sky crystals (was an achievement for that). Plus the tie in from GW1 of the zone (from Glint). I thought they might have used that to progress the story to the Crystal Desert but alas that wasn't so (at least not yet).
    Hrm. Shame I missed it then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    You're thinking of Aetherblade pirates with a steampunk theme. Zephyr Sanctum was all about kites, new movement skills in set in a background of gorgeous music, waterfalls, skipping and flipping around cliffs on the crystal hunt, fun mini games and great lore about the Zephyrites. I've heard it described as a love letter to the Cantha fans.
    My description was misleading, but I'm thinking about the correct thing b/c I remember pictures of all the crazy floaty ships just like Sanctum Sprint, which is the only piece of content I got to do in that theme. When I think steampunk, I don't just think of clocks and dark lit victorian things.

I guess if davnici did steampunk is what I was envisioning. Actually, maybe just calling it Davincian would work. New style/genre? Maybe I need to trademark that. Bicycle zepplins, wood structures all out the wazoo, good stuff. I remember thinking I would have enjoyed it, but was busy and completely missed it. The first time I did Sanctum Sprint I was pretty sad I missed it just for aesthetics.

Oh well, maybe it will return next year in some fashion.

It absolutely will return. ANet confirmed the Zephyrites need to visit us periodically for trade purposes. It was one of the brilliant things about the patch, we could convert surpluses of mats into other mats/currencies.

There was only one ship which was docked at the Labyrinthine Cliffs, I think that's why I'm thinking you're thinking it was Aetherblades

(and the Clockwork thing, you're definitely thinking Aetherblades)
    Last edited by Karizee; 2013-10-25 at 04:35 PM.
    Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all.
    ~Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy