There was an event with the Aetherblade pirates in the Zephy Sanctum. So there is a very loose tie between the two.

Zephyr area map did look good, it had lots guessing that that`d be what gw2 version of Cantha type places could look like.
    I liked the looks of the place, but not the typical gw2s broken spells/lags that tended to kill you when just trying to use the four spells in that area.

The one thing the place tended to remind me of was the loading screen for Sorrow`s Furnace:

Not nearly as dark as Sorrow's Furnace though.

Last edited by Karizee; 2013-10-25 at 04:53 PM.
    Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all.
    ~Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy

Yes, flying davinci ships. I said I wasn't thinking anything about clockwork. I handily defeated the tower this Halloween, no mention of clocks for a while.

Very good to hear it will come back though b/c it seemed that patch nailed their aesthetic very well. All their content is stylishly amazing, but that one really stood out to me. I've said this before, but it makes me think I probably should have stuck with GW1 for more than a few hours here and there because I feel like I missed out.

I also feel the same way about LotRO too, silly WoW requiring all of my time in the past. Thank god everything is so accessible now so I can play all the games!
    BAD WOLF

Well if you`ve time now there`s nothing stopping you popping into Guild Wars.
    It is even busy right now, what with the Mad Kings events, there`re plenty of folk all over the place, even in some far off spots I didn`t expect to see anyone.
    May even get yourself some points for nice shiny HoM toys

Oh yeah, I played this patch. I tried to motivate myself to stick it out past the meta to get every single achievement, but those require lots of play and time that I just don't have. I got my home candy corn node though, so I did complete something. Part of my problem with GW2 is that I want to make 101 alts and then I don't want to play my higher classes.

It's not a huge problem, but I do succumb to the psychological negatives of leveling looming over my head in that game. I have an engineer at 60, warrior at 70, and ranger at 80. I was so into the ranger for a time, but now I never play it. Currently have a mesmer in the 30's, but I feel like I'm going to tire of that class as well.

Part of it is my fault b/c I'm a completionist and want to max out my professions and all that jazz, but really I should just be power leveling so I can do the higher level content. It doesn't help that the aesthetic in GW2 is so good I always want to make a new character. Oh well, nerd world problems.
    BAD WOLF

I try to keep the attitude that GW 2 is a journey, not a destination. There's tons of stuff to do and explore and I'll get there eventually. It's not a race to the top, and no sub fee means some of the pressure to play is alleviated. The way the Living Story works does impose some limits, but those are mostly cosmetic toys and not always of importance to me.

Simply put, if you get tired, stop and rest! The game isn't going anywhere for some time, so enjoy the trip.

just wasted 26g worth of globs (80) on discovery for an item worth 2s

and so im feeling depressed and wish i could either wipe it from my memory or go back in time to prevent it

I wonder which old story threads they'll start plucking at first? Mursaat? Cantha? Or Elona? While I'm interested in the Mursaat, and I'd love to see Cantha again, I really wanna see Palawa Joko return. He was about the best villain they created in the original GW and I would love to see him return to menace the land again. I'd especially like to see him pop up and slap Scarlet Briar around like a red-petalled stepchild and mock her as a rank amateur.

well there are lots of places they can go even just on tyria

not sure if they will jump to Cantha or Elona just yet before we go to places like the Crystal Desert.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    well there are lots of places they can go even just on tyria

not sure if they will jump to Cantha or Elona just yet before we go to places like the Crystal Desert.
    That's the thing, from what I understand Palawa Joko moved the seat of his empire TO the Crystal Desert after he dammed the Elon River and cut off the supply of water to Vabbi and Kourna.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    That's the thing, from what I understand Palawa Joko moved the seat of his empire TO the Crystal Desert after he dammed the Elon River and cut off the supply of water to Vabbi and Kourna.
    Wiki (which ofc can be wrong) says he's still ruling from his Bone Palace in Desolation. But they're pretty close to each other so mebe he did.

Reading up on it, I doubt it, as the wiki also says the Crystal Desert is contested by minions of Zhaitan and Kralkatorrik. Joko still rules the Desolation and the southern parts of the Desert. So he's probably still entrenched in the Bone Palace. But with Zhaitan's defeat, who knows how the balance of power has shifted there in the Desert?

ffs just got kicked from coe because i wouldnt die to let the others res while killing the silver elite shade thing before the second alpha encounter on p2

Well deserved
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

I second that. ^

I'm not sure why anyone would care unless it was taking forever to solo it. The time it takes to die (thanks to downed state) and/or the time it takes to run out of combat is oftentimes just as long as it would have taken to just finish off the remaining enemies. At least that's been my experience in CoE.

As an aside, I've never seen any group almost-wipe at that part. O_o Were they trying to run through or something?

Hi there guys, Today guildwars is just for 23 Euros. The heroic edition.

As i´ve never played guildwars before. but it looks really cool. is it worth picking up?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Well, it depends. If you favor a WoW-style game with more of a focus on progression-based content where you must get better and better gear to see the endgame, you might not enjoy GW 2 at its cap as its content stays more accessible at all levels than being focused so much on one strata of character ability.

If you really like the Tank/Heal/DPS dynamic for group content, you might not enjoy GW 2 as it does away with dedicated roles and puts more focus on individual responsibility for survival and working together to down encounters.

I can't speak to the PvP as I've never bothered with it.

In the end, I would recommend a trial weekend if you're not sure you want to spend the money, but in support I also say once you buy it, you can play all you want whenever you feel like it. So, up to you if you feel the investment is worth the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by helma View Post
    Hi there guys, Today guildwars is just for 23 Euros. The heroic edition.

As i´ve never played guildwars before. but it looks really cool. is it worth picking up?
    I've got over 2000+ hours in and it's hands down the most fun MMO I've ever played. Frequent content patches, something new every 2 weeks. Massive playerbase, a huge variety of things to do from 32 dungeon paths, Fractals, Guild Missions, WvW, 40+ jumping puzzles and a gorgeous active open world.

The combat is more active than WoW's but loads more fun once you get the hang of it. It's not linear, you can strike off in any direction and you never know what you will find.

No sub fee, cash shop is cosmetic stuff, it's a steal at 23 Euros.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2013-10-27 at 07:58 AM.
    Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all.
    ~Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy