Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    What are you on about?
    The newly added rank requirement for the gift of battle.

since when did they add any wvw rank requirement for a legendary?

hmm, I checked on that and they added that today.

well for pve players at least they can buy rank with laurels, so that is one way to go
    Last edited by Doozerjun; 2014-02-05 at 03:26 AM.

Eventhough I'm well over r30 I agree that this change is retarded...
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    Adding a WvW rank requirement to make a legendary is a really bad move imo.
    Yea, that would be really... bad.

Anet make a lot of weird or bad design decisions. I mean historically they are not the most respectable of developers. Their core gameplay systems are usually solid. But everything else in their games tends to be hit-or-miss at best, disgraceful at worst.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2014-02-05 at 05:00 AM.

I bet there`ll be a lot of grumpy kittens on the forums over this, & rightly so.
    Found one already: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...g-from-WvW-NPC

I just don`t see the point of anet, or any firm, forcing players into doing something they hate. There was plenty of WvWers complaining of the low loots/rng etc on trrying to get the basics in the past.
    Now it`ll be PvErs having to PvP & taking up slots that the PvPers could be using. But 30 ranks?

*tin foil hat*
    Hmm, perhaps those wanting to rush this PvP they don`t want to do, will pay to move to a Zergver to get through it faster. Kaching?

That should be less of a big deal when they move all wvw rank points into one pool for the account.

I think the idea is that to get the best stuff you should have to do everything the game has to offer. The fallout should be interesting to watch.
    now taking suggestions for a new cartoon signature.

Do everything, or just grind gold...

I've said it before, but it's faster to just grind gold for legendaries (and buy them straight off the TP) than to gather all the karma etc.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Mel, out of curiosity, do you have a legendary? and if so which one?

I think I might just buckle down and try to get one. I don't really have any other goal in the game, might as well make it this.

I have the howler, basically because I couldn't be arsed to grind dragonite for a horn
    Everyone else with whom I regularly run dungeons has at least 3 legendaries so I'm the runt of the litter.
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2014-02-05 at 05:58 AM.

Do people run TA anymore since they added in the aetherblade path?

I ran Ascalon Catacombs, all three paths, with a group that ran them regularly and it was easy as pie. But there is nothing I want from there (although the weapons do look neat at night).

I'd like to get either Kudzu or the Bifrost. I know no one runs Arah so the Bifrost is out. I'm hoping folks still run Twilight Arbor though.

TA is quite easy, we ran it as a spare dungeon or if we didn't feel like doing HotW.

The main tricks for TA are knowing how to spider reflect (mes/guard) and using conjure frostbow on the end boss.
    If you're into speedclearing lots of dungeons a good team is war, guard, ranger, ele*2 or if you don't care about spotter/frost spirit a thief. There was debate amongst my friends about thief vs ranger since the speed in speed clears comes from skipping trash and not from shaving of 2s of a boss fight. The downside is that if you have to kill stuff it'll be slower with a thief than a ranger.
    For TA specifically I highly suggest a thief over a ranger since it's easy to backstab and the double (quad tbh) frostbow will melt the end boss (never let the war pick up summoned weapons).

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    So, there's a thread about how much people have spent on gems.
    Here's another WTF response: "I try to limit myself to just $100 per month"

*boggle*

Unrelated, I sure do love having to patch GW2 every single day. -_-
    "I think the more pertinent question is, why aren't you more depressed? Why hasn't this horrible place made you so sad you can hardly breathe? Why? Why? There's got to be something wrong with you."

There's a reason why each and every game has a "cash shop" or dlc, lots of idiots walking around.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Here's another WTF response: "I try to limit myself to just $100 per month"

*boggle*

Unrelated, I sure do love having to patch GW2 every single day. -_-
    I have worked for a game publishers. Mostly on their F2P titles. In fact, Arena.net contracted my company to help them work out their RMT transaction service. But I can't give more details other than to say Anet basically used our cash shop and dollar conversion model wholesale. Especially our pricing strategy for Eastern markets like China, Korea and Taiwan.

I can assure you that not only do developers/publishers know exactly who is spending and what, $100/monthly is not too far from what many people spend on average. Which is like $50 or something depending on game.

Some people have the disposable income to spend on games they enjoy. A pastime/hobby that is comparatively cheaper than many other pastime/hobbies even by mainstream standards; shopping, models, interior decorating, sports cars, etc.

In less than a year I myself spent several thousands of dollars on one game alone, for just one character. Which doesn't include what I spent on concurrent games and on other characters of those games. To wit: 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.

People who believe that subscription models make copious amounts of money are sadly mistaken and ignorant of the actual games business.

If a game can leverage both subscription and cash shop, that is where the real money is at. A fact recently in news by World of Warcraft and The Old Republic being among the most lucrative games of the current market. Both have a sub and cash shop.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2014-02-06 at 11:07 PM.

I actually think the cash shop concept in many games is a great idea. I don't use it often, once in a while just to gift myself. But I can imagine with a fulltime job etc you don't want to worry about making money again - online instead. You just work for the money ingame as well xD I think it's great it's an option for casual players.
    The only issues I had was if it was pay to win, but it's not really that big a deal in GW2 (in my opinion).

Not to mention thanks to those who donate the game can continue. They pay so all of us can play :3

It is sale time

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/w...ot-expansions/

15% off character slots, every account got a free revive orb and exp booster and the bouquet of roses has returned for the most piece of crap holiday of the year!
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

Looks like good news for the PvErs:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post3608689

Not surprised that they're looking at reverting the change. I know it can be said that WvWvW players that want a Legendary have to do a lot more PVE than others have to do PVP to get a Legendary, but I doubt the pvp community wants Legendary Chasers farming ranks within their matches. The policy change to r30 would only encourage non-standard play by a segment of the community that would be disruptive to the regular WvWvW players. It would be bridge destroying x100.

Honestly the BoH cost should of just gone up to compensate for how easy it is to get them compared to before.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

Turns out they`re keeping a rank requirement, but removing it temporarily until they can patch in a way to let folk know in game that there`s a requirement of rank to buy it.
    They really like going the long route to do things lol

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru.../2#post3609745

"The removal is to address the manner in which it is communicated in game. There will be a requirement to reach a rank in WvW prior to purchasing the Gift when we are able to provide adequate messaging to let players know why they can’t purchase it and what they need to do in order to be able to purchase it."

Gift of Battle. (Battle not required.)
    Last edited by Fishbait; 2014-02-08 at 06:41 PM.