Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    is that really such a bad suggestion? What do you think?
    I would not think this to be good or appropriate game design in asymmetrical PVP systems. I would not allow it in a game I was developing under the premise GW2's WvW uses- it would be disingenuous game design.

This type of organization is fine if external to the game. Not as a UI element.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    "I would downvote too."
    Up/Down votes aren't "I (dis)agree" buttons, they are "this was a non-troll post or not", but it's too hard for most people to read the reddiquette.
    That's great...I was using the established principle from his post to say I thought the idea was bad. But hey, if you'd like to argue semantics and 'reddiquette' which isn't what was being asked, be my guest in another thread. I don't even post on reddit, so it's all *shrug* worthy to me. Here's your cookie!
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Arlee you time in too late. So here is various vines of a corgi puppy

http://www.buzzfeed.com/kaelintully/...nt-even#y5eq7f
    http://emblemsbf.com/img/23751.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Is it Corgi_Lover_98?
    More obvious than that I always grab Arlee in games when I can. GW2 made this easy by making name unique across servers

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Sure. My comment didn't imply that. It simply meant the aesthetic differences between two of my characters and which one I would go for that particular aesthetic on. In my mind I don't picture Lagertha from Vikings wielding a bow that shoots unicorns. My Norn is srs bzn. Now my Kung-Fu movie styled Mesmer, with her chun li buns with the flowing hair and flashy pink spells would certainly use something with those effects. Now if I had made a male Norn in the style of techno Viking and also wanted him to be a diva, I could give him the unicorn bow. I would get down with that too.
    I was being slightly exagerative Like I said it doesn't really fit with the aesthetic of my Ranger either... I still want it though. It was the first thing I saw when I first started playing that I was like "OMG I WANT THAT"

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    as a WvW player I posted this thread on reddit and got quite a few downvotes for it:
    is that really such a bad suggestion? What do you think?
    As some who enjoys scouting in WvW it would be nice to have some way of being rewarded for it. But honestly I don't think having other players pay people is a good plan longterm. I don't have a better suggestion though

Thing is, dungeons also give ectos.
    3paths = 180 tokens = 1 exo armor/6 rare armors
    If you pug everything it's what, 40min for 3paths? so that's 5g and then there's drops too and champion bags.
    To each their own I suppose.
    Yea that's how I have gotten a lot of my gold, ectos, and T6 mats actually.

I was simply informing you, no need to get demeaning.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was simply informing you, no need to get demeaning.
    I was simply informing you of my lack of use of the site, then offering a whimsical bit of good natured sarcasm. No need to think it's demeaning. You'll have to forgive me, and I you, if your post history makes me have preconceived notions of your intended tone.
    BAD WOLF

All this talk of legendaries made me look at my progress towards Incinerator. I need the precursor, all the T6 mats, ectos, and a lot of CoF tokens. I've only run CoF a couple times, I think I've only done 2 of the 3 paths, once each (tried the 3rd once and had 2 trolls in the group). Time to start finding like-minded people (i.e., not speed runners, at least for the first few runs) to run that with.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    All this talk of legendaries made me look at my progress towards Incinerator. I need the precursor, all the T6 mats, and a lot of CoF tokens. I've only run CoF a couple times, I think I've only done 2 of the 3 paths, once each (tried the 3rd once and had 2 trolls in the group). Time to start finding like-minded people (i.e., not speed runners, at least for the first few runs) to run that with.
    I try to do CoF path one everyday I log into the game and would be happy to go anytime It's one of the easiest ones and even if you kill all the things it's pretty quick

Yea that's how I have gotten a lot of my gold, ectos, and T6 mats actually.
    What paths do you avoid? Is it you just do each path one time till their DR is gone then repeat?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

The "fastest" ones (without a full team) are TA 1-2, CoF 1-2-3, AC 1-2-3, SE 1-3, CoE 1-3
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    More obvious than that I always grab Arlee in games when I can. GW2 made this easy by making name unique across servers
    I figured it was :3 I was just being silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I try to do CoF path one everyday I log into the game and would be happy to go anytime It's one of the easiest ones and even if you kill all the things it's pretty quick
    That would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    What paths do you avoid? Is it you just do each path one time till their DR is gone then repeat?
    I Always do CoF path 1, sometimes I'll do path 2 or 3 but I generally don't because they are longer and I have TONS of cof tokens anyway.

AC 1, 2, 3 are also pretty quick and easy even when not speed running. I always take my Ele to those so we have Ice Bow and Firey Greatsword because it makes them even easier. I think the AC paths have the best reward vs time spent vs aggravation if something goes wrong ratio.

For those I do them for the daily rewards because they are a fair amount of gold and that's the main reason along with the things to salvage for ectos. I do get a fair amount of T6 and T5 mats, though I usually sale the T5 things (because I need my dusts). The only time I'll do a dungeon path when I've already gotten the daily is to help a friend... I don't think the rewards are worth farming over and over in a single day.

I generally never do TA or CoE unless I know I have a solid group. For the regular TA path it's mostly because that first worm boss can be a pain and it can be quiet frustrating in a Pug group. I tried pugging the level 80 path but that was a nightmare. I'll do that with friends and help people learn it, but it's not one I would ever do for farming purposes. I just hate COE in general. It's not that bad when you get to know it, but I have been in some REALLY awful runs so I generally avoid it. I think technically if you are speed running CoE has the best rewards (vs time spent).

Arah I only do with people I know because there's just too many problems with pugging it.

I think technically if you are speed running CoE has the best rewards (vs time spent).

CM can be done the fastest, so my bet's on that, CoE has lots of downtime that you just can't avoid so while the dungeon is fast the cutscenes slow you down drastically.

Ah that's a good point. I always forget CM exists for some reason ><

Nobody runs it with pugs, cause it's lots of travel time. That's the only reason to bring a mesmer to that dungeon too

Nobody runs it with pugs, cause it's lots of travel time. That's the only reason to bring a mesmer to that dungeon too
    You mean I could be fucking useful? Hot fucking dog I can stop leveling my guardian and be good in one dungeon. Holy da fuck shit.

HotW p1 isn't bad either tbh

From what I researched peopled do CoF 1-2, HotW 1, and CoE 1-3 because that's where they only drop or something (that and arah but nobody likes arah)

I'd actually love to run Arah, mostly for lore reasons plus I like the aesthetics (and I'd get the tokens for Bifrost if I'd ever decide to get it). But nobody in my guild wants to run it and I'm definitely not pugging it

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I'd actually love to run Arah, mostly for lore reasons plus I like the aesthetics (and I'd get the tokens for Bifrost if I'd ever decide to get it). But nobody in my guild wants to run it and I'm definitely not pugging it
    I'd like to do Arah too. My second legendary (LOL) will definitely be the 1h Sword and I need Arah tokens for it. My main issue is I'm pretty busy these days and setting aside enough time to do it is difficult.