Speaking of old things... did they ever put in that vendor who you were supposed to be able to sell the blade thingies (for the bladed backpack)?

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Speaking of old things... did they ever put in that vendor who you were supposed to be able to sell the blade thingies (for the bladed backpack)?
    Yeah, they were on the... "elemental wind sail merchant bizarre" island. Just to the left as you left the boat. I don't know where they are now.

Deleted
    Uhh yeah I think I remember a merchant at the Festival but that's obviously passed now.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure you can still get those items from the appropriate mobs in a dungeon and one other place.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbleed View Post
    Uhh yeah I think I remember a merchant at the Festival but that's obviously passed now.
    Ah poop.

Blade Shards themselves can be gotten from the Watchwork Mining Node in your home instance if you got it, also refined in the MF using the Sprockets. On a sidenote, I have to laugh now at everyone who said the bonus sprockets from the Watchwork Mining Pick were 'worthless' since now they go for 3-4 silver each instead of a few copper as they did when the Marionette was still around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Ah poop.
    Did this ever happen? ANET:
    Please don’t delete them!
    You can hold on to your extra blade shards, as the team will be adding something later which will allow you to convert the shards to something of value. Dev will be announcing more on that later. Thanks!
    Source
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    ^ Yeah that post was made before the Festival. They added a merch during the Festival. So now it's irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbleed View Post
    ^ Yeah that post was made before the Festival. They added a merch during the Festival. So now it's irrelevant.
    But they still drop...so...I don't get it.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    But they still drop...so...I don't get it.
    Well the blade shards can still be used to craft the back item, if that's what you mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    Well the blade shards can still be used to craft the back item, if that's what you mean.
    Don't you need other items that only came from the event though?
    BAD WOLF

Weird, I returned to the game about 3 days ago and got one of those shards from edge of the mists earlier (I'm only level 50). So they're useless now?
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

I don't know about blue prints, those could be gone. Sprockets are slow to farm now and expensive as well. Everything else is normal loot.

I could be missing something though.

http://dulfy.net/2014/02/18/gw2-spinal-blade-backpiece/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    They need to drop less or give some practical use or a way to dump them all into the trash can.
    I dump them all into the trash. They even let me buy more space for 600 gems!

The blueprints are still on the TP, so it's still possible to do it.

The Blade Shard vendor at the festival was meh anyway, a bag with a blue in it for a ton of shards.

Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    Weird, I returned to the game about 3 days ago and got one of those shards from edge of the mists earlier (I'm only level 50). So they're useless now?
    They still drop from Aetherblade mobs, they can be gathered from the Sprocket Generator in your home instance if you have it, and they can be refined from Watchwork Sprockets in the MF. It's still possible to make the Spinal Packs, the blueprints are on the TP. Once you make the initial pack, you'll need more and more Shards to upgrade it.

I finally got around to making my seed-backpack, I do sort of like the process even if I dislike foxfire on some levels. I had no seen it mentioned, but it gives you another seed to use with a different pot. Should we assume that the current backpack will not be upgraded, but another additional backpack of the next stage will be created?

Pistol range increased to 1050 if you use ricochet. Like seriously, fuck off Anet nobody cares.

Also sword/dagger nerfs lololololol
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I finally got around to making my seed-backpack, I do sort of like the process even if I dislike foxfire on some levels. I had no seen it mentioned, but it gives you another seed to use with a different pot. Should we assume that the current backpack will not be upgraded, but another additional backpack of the next stage will be created?
    I figured the same. But not sure, maybe that or the seed has to be combined. Or who knows, we get multiple seeds to be able to craft multiple colors?