1. #34901
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Explorables are intended for 80s.)
    I don't think that's accurate. All the explorable are set at 5 levels above the story mode, except Arah and the scarlet path of TA. With the exception of those two the explorable are definitely doable sub level 80. Of course it'll be easier at level 80 and completely geared out.

  2. #34902
    Explorables are designed to be done by the level you can start entering them. It's obviously harder, but don't forget that some of them originally awarded sub-80 gear from the vendor.


    So I wasn't sure if my thief I made just before patch would have the new trait unlocks or not since he was below level 10, but now that he's 30 I can see that i have all the old traits unlocked already. I'm questioning if I want to remake the thief to test out the trait unlocks or whether I should be thankful that I'm avoiding them. I have enough tomes and level boosters to bring him right back to level 30. I just don't know if its wise.

  3. #34903
    Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    So I wasn't sure if my thief I made just before patch would have the new trait unlocks or not since he was below level 10, but now that he's 30 I can see that i have all the old traits unlocked already. I'm questioning if I want to remake the thief to test out the trait unlocks or whether I should be thankful that I'm avoiding them. I have enough tomes and level boosters to bring him right back to level 30. I just don't know if its wise.
    As I said, just consider it a cost in gold/ skill points, replacing the old cost of tomes (I don't remember tome prices, but I'm pretty sure that was cheaper by a good bit). There's no real need to unlock them all, so you probably will just unlock a couple that you want via payments.

    If you happen to unlock one through gameplay, cool, but aiming for them seems a waste of time until you're 80 and want to unlock some you didn't need while leveling.

  4. #34904
    I would basically be doing it for science. There's no point in remaking the thief if I plan to buy the traits. I want to see how terrible/doable trait unlocks are for a new player.

  5. #34905
    Unlocking them is a pain for a new player, so far I've only got a few, I have 2 for fire, 2 for arcane and 1 for each other tree on my ele. I've got them from area completion, story quests and some event bosses have given them, I'm level 60 at the moment and I think I only actually have 1 useful trait (more damage in fire), I got 3 from story quests which are all to do something while down or reviving, which serve no purpose to be honest.

    I wouldn't recommend starting your Thief again because you'll hate it.

  6. #34906
    Warchief Maarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Austria (EU)
    Posts
    2,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Unlocking them is a pain for a new player, so far I've only got a few, I have 2 for fire, 2 for arcane and 1 for each other tree on my ele. I've got them from area completion, story quests and some event bosses have given them, I'm level 60 at the moment and I think I only actually have 1 useful trait (more damage in fire), I got 3 from story quests which are all to do something while down or reviving, which serve no purpose to be honest.

    I wouldn't recommend starting your Thief again because you'll hate it.
    If you have the appropriate level none of them are a pain to unlock, unless you don't like playing the game. I mean you could easily clear a zone in one or two days if you're on it. Despising the zones.... in this case you should try another game imho since open world content is the heart of the design.

    Sure, there is a problem with too high requirements at the moment, but you can do a part of the zones while leveling and come back to finish them once you're 80.

  7. #34907
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    If you have the appropriate level none of them are a pain to unlock, unless you don't like playing the game. I mean you could easily clear a zone in one or two days if you're on it. Despising the zones.... in this case you should try another game imho since open world content is the heart of the design.

    Sure, there is a problem with too high requirements at the moment, but you can do a part of the zones while leveling and come back to finish them once you're 80.
    Requiring zone completion for a trait just seems stupid to me, they should be tied to events/ bosses I think. There's also some Wv ones, that are just blah.

    As I said before though, I just view it as "traits now have a cost" rather than buying the books to unlock the entire set at once. Yeah, it's more money and there's no need to buy all of them, but unlocking them via activity is the option rather than the norm, I think. None of the unlocks are thematically tied to the activity, and there's not really a lot of reasoning as to why/how they were linked at all. I was also thinking that the unlocks could be per tier rather than per trait. So you'd have like 7 activities you could do for the first tier, but if you did three of them you could unlock any three traits.


    On a side note, why do people get/use the "when you fall you blow stuff up" traits? I see them occasionally and it just seems a waste.

  8. #34908
    The Lightbringer Karizee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Eternal Alchemy
    Posts
    3,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    On a side note, why do people get/use the "when you fall you blow stuff up" traits? I see them occasionally and it just seems a waste.
    Because this

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU3qw3rQRL4


    I started leveling a necromancer and still not high enough to use the traits even though I've unwittingly unlocked a few. I'll see how it goes.
    Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all.
    ~Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy

  9. #34909
    Warchief Maarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Austria (EU)
    Posts
    2,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    On a side note, why do people get/use the "when you fall you blow stuff up" traits? I see them occasionally and it just seems a waste.
    because it's fun for WvW roaming and saves your ass quite often if you know how to utilise the environment. I love those traits.

  10. #34910
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    because it's fun for WvW roaming and saves your ass quite often if you know how to utilise the environment. I love those traits.
    Sure, but I don't Wv very often, so the ones I've seen are all out in the open world PvE. Just people that don't change traits?

  11. #34911
    Warchief Maarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Austria (EU)
    Posts
    2,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Sure, but I don't Wv very often, so the ones I've seen are all out in the open world PvE. Just people that don't change traits?
    I guess so, it's not a big deal to have one non-important minor trait more or less imho... ^^ I'd love to see those templates some time though.

  12. #34912
    The Lightbringer Karizee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Eternal Alchemy
    Posts
    3,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Sure, but I don't Wv very often, so the ones I've seen are all out in the open world PvE. Just people that don't change traits?
    Some traits will always be more for PvP, that's just the nature of the beast. Although this game has done more to incorporate some of those elements into PvE (remembers the Tower of Nightmares and players being bounced around like pinballs that never heard of stability or how to trait/build for it).
    Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all.
    ~Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy

  13. #34913
    Herald of the Titans Kickbuttmario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    2,921
    I am getting back into the game and I kinda need some assistance with finding a solid necromancer build. The one I used and still use is 6/6/2/0/0 for condition necromancer and dhumfire. However, there have been tons of changes to necromancers since... well last October and things keep changing and getting nerfed, like Dhummfire.

    I also gotta go back and start making some builds for my altruistic healing guardian, my damage greatsword warrior, and my crappy engineer who does the worst damage.
    I am KickButtMario. I kick butt because I am Mario. The coolest, longest, living, protagonist out there in the video game industry.

    Currently playing WoW, Guild Wars 2 and Wildstar.

  14. #34914
    I would check intothemists.com and the Necro subforum in GW2's official forum. I run a vampiric wells build and there's a very high damage dagger build for PVE out there. It's been nerfed due to ferocity, but I think it stilll hits plenty hard.

  15. #34915
    A nice video to show what is meant when people say PvP is dead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkkg...ature=youtu.be

    This is one of very few people who actually understands (and is capable at) PvP. The people in tournaments now aren't even close in regards to skill.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

  16. #34916
    I'm enjoying the harp far more than I thought I would. Working that 'Hallelujah' for tips.

  17. #34917
    ^ You mean... playing this in Divinity's Reach for 1 gold per minute? :P

  18. #34918
    Pit Lord Kaelwryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Divinity's Reach
    Posts
    2,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    ^ You mean... playing this in Divinity's Reach for 1 gold per minute? :P
    I is jelly of people who can do stuff like this. Q_Q Why was I born with a lack of creativity?!?!

  19. #34919
    I've got the GoT theme down on the flute

  20. #34920
    I can do Hallelujah, Concerning Hobbits and Rains of Castermere. I've had Fur Elise requested, but I'd have to translate it myself it seems.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •