I was fortunate as the open events didn't bug for me and I got through with relatively little trouble. It was kind of a double-edged sword, using open-world events to progress the story, and I don't care for how that bodes with permanent content intruding into map completion of the game. I feel keeping things instanced and focusing open-world stuff into new areas is the better avenue.

Well I'm glad I was with very optimistic people. We did our best to split up and try guesting, and that worked out very well.
    GW2 tag: Silverbleed.3169 (EU)

I'd like to keep everything open world as much as possible. I really dislike instancing in general in MMO's.

Open-world in new territory is fine. I don't like them permanently altering existing map regions and tying cheevs to it, cos it feels like it's gonna create more story discrepancies. Instancing lets them change areas for the story and keep a more permanent balanced version around. You still can keep cheevs tied to the instances and not have to permanently change the entire world and possibly create awkward timewarped content. But we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I'd like to keep everything open world as much as possible. I really dislike instancing in general in MMO's.
    I agree, I wished they would get scaling right though. I love how well balanced the final boss battle is, really just right imho. People forget that now it's the time of release of this permanent content. People can do these missions in a year still, I doubt that there is gamebreaking zerg like this in a week or two.

Bows head in shame over rage post....
    Last edited by Maklor; 2014-07-31 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Bows head in shame over rage post....
    A lot of people are having trouble with this release, it's buggy and still needs fixing. I was lucky, apparently, to get past it before it got all borked up. They should fix it Soon(tm), so keep trying and good luck.

I got on yesterday with the intent to do the current LS, but got sidetracked... My friend and I decided to do Tequatl, as he did it earlier this week and loved it, and I'd never successfully completed it (having only attempted it 2 or 3 times before, when it was brand new). After successfully destroying Tequatl, we then went to the evolved wurm (for the first time for both of us)...and failed by the smallest percent. But, we had a blast doing it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Did they make higher tiers of Zephyrite favor easier to reach in Dry Top ? Today, we easily reached tier 4 with a little concerted effort, with 6 minutes still on the clock and quite a few events still in the pipeline (reached a quarter towards tier 5) ? Did anybody else notice a possible change or did we just have a lot of people who knew what they were doing ?

Edit: I tried reaching tier 4 quite a few times before but even with more (visible) concerted effort, we always failed narrowly, it just felt strange to reach it rather "easily" this time - finally got my Ruler of Shinies achievement !

Before the expansion of the zone T4 was hard to get, now with more events it's pretty easy. T5 requires a coordinated large guild to hit every event. People still fail at the mines and the inquest base, which is 4 events total not being done.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

is the inquest base the one in which you have to rescue 15 locals in a certain time frame? I've never seen that one succeed.

is the inquest base the one in which you have to rescue 15 locals in a certain time frame? I've never seen that one succeed.
    I've actually seen it succeed twice (I took part in the event both times) and tier 4 still failed both times - that's why I was surprised to see it succeed today. Maybe people just really start knowing what they are doing (like the people farming Orr every day) ?

Isn't it because as the zone grows more event can happen at once so the tiers are easier to achieve (I'm aware the zone didn't grow this last patch).

You can easily solo the 15 local, after that an inquest champ spawns to repair the door.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Isn't it because as the zone grows more event can happen at once so the tiers are easier to achieve (I'm aware the zone didn't grow this last patch).
    Pretty much, next update should expand dry top once more.

I have decided that I now officially hate RNG in this game. I just opened 40 black lion chests and all I have to show for it is 2 BL salvage kits, a 1 gold mini, 8 BL ticket scraps and a bunch of boosters for which I already have plenty in my bank. I have another scrap in my bank from the previous 10 that I opened. Add to that the 68 chests that I have opened in Dry Top with 0 unidentified insects and I have decided that I won't be trying anything else like that in the game anymore. The only good thing about the dry top chests is that you can get Obsidians from them.

And RNG like that is why I don't open non-bound loot bags and sell them on the TP, same with the salvage-only items. In the long run I'll make more that way.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    And RNG like that is why I don't open non-bound loot bags and sell them on the TP, same with the salvage-only items. In the long run I'll make more that way.
    I might just start doing the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    I have decided that I now officially hate RNG in this game. I just opened 40 black lion chests and all I have to show for it is 2 BL salvage kits, a 1 gold mini, 8 BL ticket scraps and a bunch of boosters for which I already have plenty in my bank. I have another scrap in my bank from the previous 10 that I opened. Add to that the 68 chests that I have opened in Dry Top with 0 unidentified insects and I have decided that I won't be trying anything else like that in the game anymore. The only good thing about the dry top chests is that you can get Obsidians from them.
    I'm not sure how many chests I had from Dry Top, really. I had a total of 3 insects, I made one torch, but I'm not that keen on the items anyway, and the costs to make them is meh. Plus you can't sell much of any of it, so you're stuck with a Nomad item (I don't recall if it can be salvaged or not). So yeah, my other two I just went and swapped them for the 3 bags each.

I've done so-so with Black Lion tickets, can't REALLY complain, but most BLC's are just not worth it for me. I hate the boosters. Even deleting some of the stuff is irritating so I just use them when I get them to clear room.

I've gotten 2 unidentified insects without even trying. I don't even like any of the skins so I traded them for shitty loot bags.

I've gotten one insect after opening so many chests I've lost count. I stopped counting after 80.
    Don't really like the RNG.
    GW2 tag: Silverbleed.3169 (EU)