Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The volcano one? I really didn't like that mission...but I'm kinda liking a bit where the story is going with the characters (minus dragons, still bored to tears of dragons) and races. Not quite done with the update, I think I have at least one more mission, but I'm hoping this is the last of the DRM stuff. Really don't like the actual DRM mission format.

I don't have much knowledge about Tengu from GW1, but I'm always happy to see and interact more with the other races in the world. As long as they're not dragons. Seriously, fuck dragons and world ending threats constantly. Gimme more racial interactions and stories and smaller "threats", I always found that stuff more interesting. Even "dragon replacements" like Joko were a far sight better.
    Yeah I had heard them mention air currents and thought there was a side tunnel or something you gotta glide into and proceeded to fall into the lava pit lol. The only good thing about that mission was that you could skip 90% of the mobs. I also don't get why they have you keep your profession skills when you play a different character. Just make em op if you really want us to experience someone elses story but are worried people might only know how to play their character.

Not really a fan of the DRM either. I don't even think the mastery buffs work outside the missions. Probably the most worthless mastery investment for future content I can think of off the top of my head The Drizzlewood coast maxed mastery for the emp alone is probably a better investment although I don't have enough points to get it since I went all in to the champions mastery and I'm not sure if by the final I do like how you can public run them though.

Next expansion is going to have the water dragon but unless Aurene goes nuts that should be the last of em. Gonna suck to lose Primordus's champion though. I assume they are going to have to die Also not sure if that means the wild spirits are going to die too or if the Norn will worship new ones or what.

I kinda agree with you but kinda don't about the racial interactions/smaller threats, on one hand its nice but then on the other when its a known thing like the Charr or the Horde in wow and you have suddenly a fraction of a faction kicking the whole worlds ass its kinda silly. I'd rather have dragons over that but new stuff like Joko's undead and living worshipers is definitely better than flame/branded/zombie/ice/plant coated nearly mindless creatures that convert people/things. I am kinda curious what kind of corruption the water dragon will do. Is it just going to toss scales on shit, make em partially water, or what?

I'd like to see an invasion from another planet either because we are destroying the natural balance by killing the elder dragons or because now they think they got a chance without the Elder dragons around.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    So I bought the event alert items that were on sale yesterday, and I'll admit they're kinda fun.

"But Bov, they're just the timers!"

Yeah yeah, but half the time I don't want to tab out and check timers, and the other half I just forget. Now I just get constant updates even if I'm not thinking about it. Plus I can TP right to the event, even if the waypoint is locked.

Kinda fun, actually.
    Oh, the world boss items? I love those, they're such nice QoL improvements. Sure you can just go to the Wiki for timers and manually teleport, but this does it all for you without needing to alt-tab! Only downside in my experience is a lot of the HoT events seem to be pretty unpopulated. Only ones I've ever had folks show up to are Tarir Assault and Mordremoth's Mouth (I think those are the names), everything else is a ghost town. Picked them up years ago and I still periodically log in just to boss around for a bit with them.

Have they added any new ones that I haven't seen?

Back to the latest update: Man, I wish these story beats were longer. I was just "getting into" the story the other night and...was on the final mission without realizing it. Gonna be happy when the DRM content goes away, it's fine-ish for story delivery but they usually end up feeling like a slog.

Like where the story is going. Like Braham's arc finally (he's been a whiny bitch so far, and the only times I liked him were when he and Rox were hanging out), like where they're taking the Char storyline, glad to see some characters that have been absent returning. And hoping we get to do more with the new allies. I still don't get the whole in-game token systems with recruiting allies and whatever, never have and there doesn't seem to be any actual explanation in-game, but the narrative element is aight.

Really, really hoping that this is the final "Dragon bullshit" we have to deal with for quite some time. I'm so bored to tears and exhausted of killing uber-powerful, world destroying dragon after uber-powerful, world destroying dragon. Give us more enemies, more Joko's, more Balthazar's (though he sorta acted like a baby dragon), more Tyrian racial strife, etc. etc.

And hoping we get to do more with the new allies. I still don't get the whole in-game token systems with recruiting allies and whatever, never have and there doesn't seem to be any actual explanation in-game, but the narrative element is aight.
    The allies give you tokens for helping them out. You can see the daily achievements under special event I think. Tokens are just like a rep/currency for that group to buy their shit. The Tengu relic one sucks cause you pretty much have to do a full Drizzlewood event chain to get all the drops and that takes forever but you do get 5 tokens for it.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    The allies give you tokens for helping them out. You can see the daily achievements under special event I think. Tokens are just like a rep/currency for that group to buy their shit. The Tengu relic one sucks cause you pretty much have to do a full Drizzlewood event chain to get all the drops and that takes forever but you do get 5 tokens for it.
    At the moment I'm seeing it as a nice little bonus for doing a Drizzlewood clear, if you would be adequately rewarded for doing Drizzlewood. I can't remember the other metas that were targeted, but Dragonfall has good loot, AB has great loot and Megadestroyer has underwhelming loot and you would only do it for the tokens.

Tengu relics are weird because they cost so damn many relics to actually get a lootbox.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

It's a great way to just randomly mix things up and break up monotony sometimes.
    Agreed. And if you're going for some achieves, like the Shatterer stuff, it's a great way to not miss out on opportunities to nab 'em.

I grok the basics of the system (yet another new currency to farm), but I'm not sure to what end, really. There wasn't much there appealing to me, but I'm also completely awful at this game and don't craft really (only like...2 professions maxed I think?).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    At the moment I'm seeing it as a nice little bonus for doing a Drizzlewood clear, if you would be adequately rewarded for doing Drizzlewood. I can't remember the other metas that were targeted, but Dragonfall has good loot, AB has great loot and Megadestroyer has underwhelming loot and you would only do it for the tokens.
    Man I fell off hard with the second part of Drizzlewood, but hot damn do I still love the first part (the more "guided" part). I need to go back there, but even if the rewards were kinda "meh" I love the overall design of that zone and how there are so many different ways to contributes towards the meta progress and so many different reward tracks you could juggle at once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Little known tip about the world event item, you can turn them on and leave them in your bank if you don't care about the teleport feature. That way you get the announcement on all toons without wasting a bag/shared slot.

The one thing that gets with the format of this 'episode' is that lore wise they aren't as immersive. Story wise the world looks apocalyptic. The majors cities are on lockdown, Jormag froze a bunch of people. The two dragon factions are going to war, it's chaos. That's only evident in the DRMs though. Not really a complaint but a quirk of the system since permanent changes in the past were a huge design error.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I havent really played in a while after going hard in 2020. But in determining my next main game stating April (through a spin the wheel game haha) Gw2 is the choice.

I really hope EoD is a good turnaround for the game and the development structure, DRMs aren't so bad but not really worth pursuing further imo.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

I grok the basics of the system (yet another new currency to farm), but I'm not sure to what end, really. There wasn't much there appealing to me, but I'm also completely awful at this game and don't craft really (only like...2 professions maxed I think?).

Man I fell off hard with the second part of Drizzlewood, but hot damn do I still love the first part (the more "guided" part). I need to go back there, but even if the rewards were kinda "meh" I love the overall design of that zone and how there are so many different ways to contributes towards the meta progress and so many different reward tracks you could juggle at once.
    Honestly I'm not really sure either. My best guess is it's just to gate the masteries and add some race transmogs or other items like the dwarf infusion. The whole loot system in the game is strange to me dailies require mats but usually a shitload more than you get from doing meta events. Its like they expect you to grind 20 hours a day to get anything. Then there are some mats that are account bound and you get 2 million of them that you end up having to destroy cause you can't get the other mats to craft ascended gear or what ever fast enough and you can't sell it either.

Chapter 3: Balance felt like a big step-down from Chapter 2.

It felt a lot like they let an intern do the level designs.
    - Caledon forrest mission
    The final fight in caledon forrest being on a sparse bridge riddled with "invisible walls" is just a full on PITA for anybody who doesn't play ranged.
    - Braham's volcano mission
    it was also a pain; especially due to not having enough checkpoints. A 5 minute walk after you die on the lower levels was just too much and forced me to just jump down, which surprisingly worked.... So i ended up skipping whole packs of mobs
    The wolf-form ability only served as a free-heal, as it was useless against most destroyers. It ended up being good only at final boss... placing yourself well and mashing 1-2 in quick succession
    - Bloodtide coast mission
    What was the point of the bow you get and the arrows again?
    - Fireheart rise
    The final fight on yet another bridge was way better this time around. But ironically this time the bridge was just too big to actually get the lore behind it.
    Outside of the "yell" at the beginning i hardly noticed Braham being there as he just stuck at the other side of the bridge tanking random mobs.

Those are probably the reason that in contrary to Chapter 2, where i always ended up with co-players in the missions, in Chapter 3 nobody joined them so it was a rather unenjoyable solo-experience.

Yeah, I disliked the actual design of the encounters in this update but at least it was a narrative step up in terms of finally getting some payoffs.

I've tried running a few DRM's when the updates aren't fresh and they seem dead though. I hope this was all planned and they didn't want to make major pivots mid-development, but I hope they're seeing metrics showing how much folks really aren't into these DRM missions with huge HP sponge bosses. I do not like this method of content/story deliver nor the form of repeatable content at all.

It sucks, because I kinda want to play some more but I'm not really motivated to like...do anything. I can work on achieves and grind out masteries that I should probably catch up on but like...meh, especially the mastery grind.

Well, it's SAB time.

I have to confess that I played a little of SAB the very first time it came out, but never even finished the first level. So this is actually "all new" to me, believe it or not.

The first boss has to be a SMB2 reference.
    I've never really dug deep into it...been kinda wanting to get back into the game so may as well look up some guides and give it a spin this year. Always seemed fun, just never super appealing to me.

To be honest I've never really done any of the festivals either. I did do a bit of the four winds and SAB last year but only like a days worth and not enough to get anything. For some reason the seasonal events aren't really appealing to me. Not sure if its cause I grinded wow's hard when they came out, the rewards aren't very appealing, or what.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest I've never really done any of the festivals either. I did do a bit of the four winds and SAB last year but only like a days worth and not enough to get anything. For some reason the seasonal events aren't really appealing to me. Not sure if its cause I grinded wow's hard when they came out, the rewards aren't very appealing, or what.
    The rewards are always skins. You gotta be interested in the skins or not. Each festival has about 3 skin collections you earn by doing the events now.

Cleared entire World 2 in Tribulation Mode. No achievement gained, no boombox vendor unlock. This game is shit. Support ticket hey-ho - got the sweet Storm Wizard tokens in bags as proof I did everything that is required for the achievement -_-

Edit: Nope, support cannot help. A middle finger & please suffer Storm Top again in Tribulation Mode.
    Last edited by Saradain; 2021-04-19 at 02:51 AM.

Tribulation mode is just obnoxious anyway. I could barely stand clearing 1-1.

And this is coming from someone who actually enjoys nightmare platformer games. Their take on it just doesn't work for me, though. Possibly because it just doesn't work well in a 3D space, but also because their design is less about "here are some precise jumps and a few surprises" and more "all the floors are fake and there's only one path we're allowing, so trial and error your way into it for an hour".
    I think Tribulation Mode was mostly inspired by games like Cat Mario so obnoxiousness is by design.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

10+ Year Old Account
    The dev that designed trib mode said its supposed to be a take on platformers (usually Mario mods) that are unfair.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-ga...april-27-2021/

Next update out April 27. Hoping this is the end of the DRM missions. Just get us to Cantha and the "End of Dragons" stuff so we can hopefully move to actually interesting baddies again. Gimme more Joko and less Primorius kkthx.

I didn't even do the update before last, let alone any of the rep grind thingees. Guess I should, but been distracted with Age of Sigmar and it's just not interesting content on my mesmer.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they left the Commander and Aurene out of the trailer as a 'surprise'. Would be a missed story opportunity (imo) if the showdown isn't the 3 dragons and the 3 champions after the way the story has gone.

Really glad for it to be over. The season was okay, the Charr place, Bjora, and Drizzlewood were fine. DRMs...I don't know if it's because Anet spammed us with them or what I don't know anyone who runs them after getting achieves. There's some cool weapon sets tied to them but they require grinding the content, which no one wants to do.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2021-04-22 at 01:19 AM.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/g...e-summer-2021/

It's nice that they are going to have living seasons. Hope the achievements are achievable for me. There's some they do that are way beyond my skill level like kill in 2 minutes and it takes me 5 or something.