Do NOT buy GW2 on Steam.

The Steam bundle that includes all three expansions costs $60. The GW2 website bundle that includes all three expansions is $50 AND includes a shared inventory slot and a max level boost.

The steam $100 bundle includes all three expansions and the living world (patch content). The GW2 website $100 ultimate collection gives you all GW2 expansions, including everything in the EoD deluxe edition, and 4,000 gems (which is enough to buy all Living World stuff). The EoD deluxe edition notable includes an inventory slot, a character slot, an identity repair kit, 2 mount skins, and 4,000 gems (which you can use to buy all Living World episodes). Also includes a max level boost.

Also, the two steam bundles in the ingame store are a rip off. Don't buy them. Anet is blatantly hoping to prey on noobs who don't know any better there.

- - - Updated - - -

When you log in on August 23, you’ll find a new series of achievements waiting for you that will take you on a journey to experience the best of Guild Wars 2: world bosses, Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons, Living World, World vs. World, Player vs. Player, and more.
    I see the Decade of the Dragon world boss kill achieves, but where are the new WvW and PvP achievements?

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I see the Decade of the Dragon world boss kill achieves, but where are the new WvW and PvP achievements?
    Well i haven't checked those two personally but there is a new category under side stories with all of them, including a meta achievement if you want to get a general view of what needs to be done. In this case you need 10 WvW events and 10 PvP matches (ranker or unranked).
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Anet has released a new infographic. Full version here:

For the supposedly best selling GW2 expac, Soo-Won has far and away the least amount of completions. Pretty embarrassing when patch bosses from poorly advertised, missable patch content like Kralkatorik and Jormag have had thrice the kills. Also curious that Balthazaar wasn't listed.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, given how War Eternal is one of the quasi-mandatory episodes (for the Skyscale mount, while Champions has nothing has essential), it's striking how neck and neck their completions are (you would think War Eternal would have significantly more completions). So perhaps almost everyone who beat War Eternal also wound up finishing Icebrood, but didn't finish EoD?
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2022-08-26 at 12:45 AM.

For the supposedly best selling GW2 expac, Soo-Won has far and away the least amount of completions. Pretty embarrassing when patch bosses from poorly advertised, missable patch content like Kralkatorik and Jormag have had thrice the kills. Also curious that Balthazaar wasn't listed.
    Let's be fair.
    Zhaitan has been in the game for 10 years, Mordremoth for 7. War eternal (Kralkatorrik) was released on may 2019 and dragonstorm (jormag & primordious) was released on april from last year. Soo woon has only been around for 6 months...

With that in mind... Dragonstorm (jormag and primordus) has become part of many popular meta trains and is probably one of the most accesible ones thanks to the fact that you can just go to eye of the north, join a private squad and do it at any time, even slow groups won't be there for more than 15 minutes, even the public version is fast. Dragonfall was the most profitable map until Drizzlewood was released and the skyscale is there, so there has always been a lot of interest on that map, not to mention that is one of the best meta maps the game has because of how it is built (more player driven and less dependant on a strict schedule).

I have to wonder if they are counting the story instances where you actually defeat them or the linked meta events since you kind of defeat them there too. Anyway, give Soo Woon some more time to increase those numbers, but expect Jormag and Primordius to eventually beat every other dragon in that statistic.
    Last edited by Geckoo; 2022-08-26 at 08:58 AM.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

So I set up the client so that it launches via Steam, but is still my old account, so I'm happy. And it motivated me to give the game another go, which had been my plan.

First, I connected my account with Twitch and got all the Twitch drops this week. This was a good thing because I got the Total Makeover Kit and could finally make my main character look in a way that pleases me. I can't stress how much this changed my view of the game, simply looking the way I want to now and not being limited by starter options. I was instantly more interested in playing.

Then, today, I finally understood how Masteries work This feels like a game-changer to me because I grasped that all the content from the launch of the game until now is still relevant and I have ten years of game to enjoy at my leisure.

All in all, I'm very happy with the game as my side-piece after STO. I think they could do a much better job of marketing the game and showcasing these things that really set it apart, in order to get people interested. And opening up all the character customization options when you first play should be standard, rather than locking the best character appearance (not cosmetics) behind a paywall.

Yeah, the masteries from the first couple expansions were great. Jumping on bouncy mushrooms to ascend different layers of a map, poison mastery so you can explore caves of poison gas and not die, spiderman swinging inside a volcano, etc. But then you hit Icebrood Saga and it feels like they ran out of ideas or stopped trying to come up with truly interesting masteries, so you just get boring stuff like opening up vendors or getting more crafting material loot. Or fishing.

As for marketing, it is bizzare how little advertising the Steam launch has been getting. GW2 didn't even show up on the front page of Steam.

You kill each of them in different formats.

Zhaitan, Mind of Mordy (who I presume is the one they're listing), and Kralkatorrik are all personal story steps. Basically everyone can kill them, and most people will kill them once and only once.
    Zhaitan's killcount might be abnormally inflated because you used to need to kill him to get access to Arah explorable when you needed to unlock on every alt.
    Some people will do Migraine, but that probably accounts for 1% of Mordy kills.

Primordus and Jormag are repeatable and worth repeating for Memories of Aurene, and they're not hard fights. I think most players who want a decent way to turn time into gold will do them, and it's also an encounter which you can do while relaxing.

Soo-won (I presume they're looking at the open-world encounter) just has some actual difficulty behind her and requires group builds, not solo builds. This is where the relatively low completion count comes from. Mind, like Dragonstorm, she is worth completing for the ASS and the Memories; it's just the case that she's nowhere near as accessible or easy as any other ED. I'd honestly be inclined to say her kill count is quite high considering the barriers to killing her.

I don't know if they've included Dragon's Stand and/or Dragonfall in this tally. I don't think they have. Both Mordy and Kralk would be inflated quite substantially if they were as DS has been in the game for a fair while and DF was and still is a great goldfarm.
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2022-08-28 at 07:35 AM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post

All in all, I'm very happy with the game as my side-piece after STO. I think they could do a much better job of marketing the game and showcasing these things that really set it apart, in order to get people interested. And opening up all the character customization options when you first play should be standard, rather than locking the best character appearance (not cosmetics) behind a paywall.
    I personally think the best cosmetics aren't on the gem store. Except backpieces, but I realised my favorite capes aren't even from the gem store.

Dyes on the other hand...im a sucker for Black Lion dyes. I actually think people see decked out characters and just assume armor/weapons are from the gem store but dyes and infusions go a long way. One of the coolest looks ive seen was all armor from the core game with a gray infusion.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

As for marketing, it is bizzare how little advertising the Steam launch has been getting. GW2 didn't even show up on the front page of Steam.
    They had some Reddit advertising and whatnot, but Anet's never really spent much on ads/had spectacular marketing, sadly. It would have been nice if they could have negotiated some co-promotion on Steam (didn't log in to even check if it was in the login popup), they already should have a relationship based on GW1 being on the platform and all. Despite it getting off to a fairly "slow" start, it does seem to be getting some nice CCU growth at least.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

Free mount select license today. Log in and open the cash shop to claim it.

Free mount select license today. Log in and open the cash shop to claim it.
    Oh shit, thanks for the head sup.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Oh shit, thanks for the head sup.
    I'm sorry, come again?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    I'm sorry, come again?
    Head sup = heads up. Didn't know they were giving out a free mount license today, got a sparkly space gryphon which is nice.

Head sup = heads up. Didn't know they were giving out a free mount license today, got a sparkly space gryphon which is nice.
    I know, it was just funny.

I might be about to get my wife to give GW2 another go and was wondering: Can you go back and "re-do" a heart? So that I can do the content I've already completed with her and still have it mean something.

Also, with that mount license ... can I pick a gryphon and fly with it even though I've so far only gotten the basic raptor mount?

10+ Year Old Account
    I might be about to get my wife to give GW2 another go and was wondering: Can you go back and "re-do" a heart? So that I can do the content I've already completed with her and still have it mean something.

Also, with that mount license ... can I pick a gryphon and fly with it even though I've so far only gotten the basic raptor mount?
    The hearts from the base game are not repeatable on the same character.

The licenses will not unlock the mount. You'll just have the skin until you unlock the mount.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hi folks!
    Been away for a while from GW2, but now I'm back for EoD and I've decided to say hi around here. Hope you're all ok!

BTW, this message was in my private box (which I didn't open since march! xD). Never though I'd make someone so mad by being awesome

It gave me a good laugh.

Now, back to farming that turtle!

Nope, core Tyria hearts are one-and-done. Hearts in PoF and beyond are repeatable daily, though. Won't stop you from being able to tag along with her and help her out on hearts you've already completed though.

No, the "license" is purely for the cosmetic skin. You can take a gryphon skin if you want (I believe?), but you won't be able to actually use it until you unlock the gryphon in PoF. So either pick one for a mount you currently have access to (or soon will) to enjoy, or pick one for a mount you think you'll use a lot later.

There were some really attractive wolf ones that I was very tempted to take but I basically never use the damned thing, so just opted for gryphon since that's my "general" mount for getting about.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The hearts from the base game are not repeatable on the same character.

The licenses will not unlock the mount. You'll just have the skin until you unlock the mount.

Nope, core Tyria hearts are one-and-done. Hearts in PoF and beyond are repeatable daily, though. Won't stop you from being able to tag along with her and help her out on hearts you've already completed though.

No, the "license" is purely for the cosmetic skin. You can take a gryphon skin if you want (I believe?), but you won't be able to actually use it until you unlock the gryphon in PoF. So either pick one for a mount you currently have access to (or soon will) to enjoy, or pick one for a mount you think you'll use a lot later.

There were some really attractive wolf ones that I was very tempted to take but I basically never use the damned thing, so just opted for gryphon since that's my "general" mount for getting about.
    Ok, thank you both!

So my follow-up question on the mounts would be: Once you unlock a mount that flies, do you ever use mounts that are restricted to the ground anymore? Basically, would it even be worth unlocking a skin for a non-flying mount in the long run? I'm thinking either way I'll just hold on to the license and see what I end up with in the future.

Shame about the hearts, but yeah I could just run around with her for the fun of it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post
    BTW, this message was in my private box (which I didn't open since march! xD). Never though I'd make someone so mad by being awesome

It gave me a good laugh.
    People like that don't seem to realize that their frothing impotent rage is more a source of laughter than any anger they may think they'll cause another person. Lots of posts on these forums fall into that category, as well. Just sad attempts to insult or incite others that are different in some way.