10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthoren View Post
    /sigh i want this game to come out already, i thought playing it at comic con would sate me...but now i hunger for so much more.
    "cocaine is one hellava drug"
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    The advice I read (and followed), is to start on Nightfall first because you unlock heroes quickly.
    In my experience, you'll have 3 heroes (including MOX) by level 10.
    Thanks, I'll try that first then.
    Hmmm it's actually even better than I thought.
    I just dinged 10 on my toon, did the starter GW:EN quest, and now I have 3 level 20 heroes to faceroll stuff for me

Welcome to easytown, population: me.

Ya the EN hero's give a biger boost faster due to the level. Dont neglect your NF hero's though about half the missions require you to bring one hero or another.

Who is John Galt?

/sigh i want this game to come out already, i thought playing it at comic con would sate me...but now i hunger for so much more. Also, they better make the Kodan a playable race eventually in that game, it only make sense from all the lore, architecture, and design put into them.
    Think about the people that have never seen GW2 outside of movies and pictures

10+ Year Old Account
    ArenaNet posted a new, very offbeat style video about the sound team

Last edited by Mif; 2011-08-03 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Think about the people that have never seen GW2 outside of movies and pictures
    It's worse to play it...and have to wait for it, then just wait. Because if you are just waiting, you've never gotten to taste it full on. and like the poster said before cocaine is one hellava drug

/sigh i want this game to come out already, i thought playing it at comic con would sate me...but now i hunger for so much more. Also, they better make the Kodan a playable race eventually in that game, it only make sense from all the lore, architecture, and design put into them.
    How long did you get to demo it at comic con?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    ArenaNet posted a new, very offbeat style video about the sound team

[video=youtube;FuOUNFsPyiY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuOUNFsPyiY[/video
    So this is how they make the sounds O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Snakez View Post
    I wonder what sound the tv getting destroyed was needed for

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Isnt it obvious? An evil rogue gang of discarded tube tv's is burning and pillaging local villages and you, the young and upcoming hero, is tasked with the quest of vanquishing them back to the depths of the landfill.

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Could be any number of shattering glass/crystal sounds. I'd expect that to be one component of a barfight with brakeing glass bottles or something. Also sometimes they try things hopeing for a specific sound and even if it does not turn out how they want they keep it and may use it for something else down the road. Other times they will take part of a sound recording mix it with a couple others and produce a sound that does not sound anything like the individual componants.

Who is John Galt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakez View Post
    This is how most make sounds for games and movies ya'know

Sound recording looks fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Sound recording looks fun.
    Sound recording sounds fun

Quote Originally Posted by Manler View Post
    How long did you get to demo it at comic con?
    I got to play it in the parking lot outside at the AlienWare tour and they never really monitored people that much so i was able to play for hours(moving from section to section) and it was a blast. Lucky for me and my friend, people at the hummer(the comps were in it and etc) most people were just signing up to get free stuff and not play the games, so we took advantage x3

I got to play it in the parking lot outside at the AlienWare tour and they never really monitored people that much so i was able to play for hours(moving from section to section) and it was a blast. Lucky for me and my friend, people at the hummer(the comps were in it and etc) most people were just signing up to get free stuff and not play the games, so we took advantage x3
    Thats awesome man. Glad to hear it from someone who has actually played it. Now i have even more hope in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Manler View Post
    Thats awesome man. Glad to hear it from someone who has actually played it. Now i have even more hope in this game.
    Yeah and just to make it clear...Guardians can really dps, most people cannot see it, but from my own experience their burst potential is phenominal with the right weapons and etc.

Yeah and just to make it clear...Guardians can really dps, most people cannot see it, but from my own experience their burst potential is phenominal with the right weapons and etc.
    Play any thief?

Yeah and just to make it clear...all classes can really dps, most people cannot see it, but from my own experience their burst potential is phenominal with the right weapons and etc.
    that doesn't apply to only guardian class...

I'm going with a human ranger since my current main is one aswell and I like the idea of a family tree a long line of archers that's just epic

Also recently got my 50/50 hom going for gwamm now but I don't wanna farm the money for party/sweets :'(

And if sylvari are cool I'll probably make a sylvari thief, woodsman and sneaky just go hand in hand