10+ Year Old Account
    WvWvW will have week-long battles (the current timer is 2 weeks, then the team that's ahead wins the battle) with 4 different zones.

1 home-zone per server =>3
    1 shared zone in the middle

The win condition will probably be capturing the opponent's base (might be similar to gw1 gvg where you have to kill the lord)
    There will be fortresses to capture, spread over the zones. I assume these zones will be quite big, since WvWvW needs to fit players from 3 different servers, and afaik, there's no limit to how many people can join, so these might be really HUGE.

we'll hear more when gamescon starts, since they'll reveal pvp among others.
    However, I wouldn't be concerned since GW1 had awesome pvp, the only downside to it was that when I started wow, it made me unable to do bg's or arena since they're so bad in comparison
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    the fun part about it is that servers will have a ranking system, which will make most dominant servers be matched against each others.

Ofc there will be drawbacks from switching character server to server during this match ups....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fir3line View Post
    the fun part about it is that servers will have a ranking system, which will make most dominant servers be matched against each others.

Ofc there will be drawbacks from switching character server to server during this match ups....
    Well as long as it's not a monetary drawback, it's fine for me
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    Its something like time, if you switch to a server that is matched agaisnt your server then you cant transfer that character anymore, so you dont influence the outcome of the battle, this is, not playing for your team on the other side

Deleted
    If the server change is going to be free, wont that make everyone switch to the "realm" that is currently the best? The most ppl participating and so on?

I read up on the WvWvW aswell and it seems really interesting. A fresh wind for a player who has only done WoW BGs and arenas
    Last edited by mmoc99b0822305; 2011-08-04 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nethilliz View Post
    If the server change is going to be free, wont that make everyone switch to the "realm" that is currently the best? The most ppl participating and so on?
    Well the only relevant thing would be the WWW battles and I imagine there will be either a cooldown on world changes or they will have some sort of time restriction for participating in them (ie, not being able to play in those battles for a week after switching).

I read up on the WvWvW aswell and it seems really interesting. A fresh wind for a player who has only done WoW BGs and arenas
    Well, if you change realms and then the battle shifts, and the side that you switched to is no longer winning... if they decide to go through with the cooldown idea, then you're stuck on that server. And by the time you can switch back again it would probably be over. So you'd have to be careful about switching like that.

Deleted
    I'm still kinda struck with the fact that GW2 will have free realm changes, while I have to pay 20quid for each of my WoW characters, heck, i wanna go alliance on some nice server atm and I'd have to spend 360 euros to move every character at 85

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still kinda struck with the fact that GW2 will have free realm changes, while I have to pay 20quid for each of my WoW characters, heck, i wanna go alliance on some nice server atm and I'd have to spend 360 euros to move every character at 85
    It hasn't been 100% confirmed yet whether they'll be free or not, however, Martin Kerstein of arenanet said they didn't want to make the customers pay for it. It was free in gw1, but that also had a very different server structure than wow, you could switch between whole regions instantly and such
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    Ye that kinda sucks, but you know. Milking it to the last penny =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Ye that kinda sucks, but you know. Milking it to the last penny =)
    well I can see the whole thought process behind paid server transfers, but they just charge too much imo, i would be perfectly fine with a 5 euros fee to keep people from bouncing servers constantly. or as stated above, a WvWvW restriction after transferring
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    I actually just decided to stop playing WoW, my mates stopped loggin for arena so nothing holding me back here, gonna get GW and try and get as many HoM as I can between now and GW2 release(sold my Aion+GW account, sigh).

For all this I'll probably will be paying less than I would've if I kept my WoW sub anyway.

Realistically speaking, if I start this weekend on HoM farm, with brand new characters how long would it take me to do at least 30-40 of them? I do play quite a lot, up to 7-8 hours day more on weekends if I dont go out

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    well I can see the whole thought process behind paid server transfers, but they just charge too much imo, i would be perfectly fine with a 5 euros fee to keep people from bouncing servers constantly. or as stated above, a WvWvW restriction after transferring
    I agree tbh, the fee is good imo but mabye to high. If it wasnt there then you'd have ppl act like douchebags on one server and the switch and go do the same thing on the next. It's good that something is stopping them. And a cooldown for the change on GW2 also seems fair

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually just decided to stop playing WoW, my mates stopped loggin for arena so nothing holding me back here, gonna get GW and try and get as many HoM as I can between now and GW2 release(sold my Aion+GW account, sigh).

For all this I'll probably will be paying less than I would've if I kept my WoW sub anyway.

Realistically speaking, if I start this weekend on HoM farm, with brand new characters how long would it take me to do at least 30-40 of them? I do play quite a lot, up to 7-8 hours day more on weekends if I dont go out
    the easiest achievements are quite fast, usually just require a few missions or minigames for hero armor and such.
    25 is all you need for the gear, after that it's just titles.

I can't really put a number on it though, i didn't farm that much yet

---------- Post added 2011-08-04 at 08:18 PM ----------

I agree tbh, the fee is good imo but mabye to high. If it wasnt there then you'd have ppl act like douchebags on one server and the switch and go do the same thing on the next. It's good that something is stopping them. And a cooldown for the change on GW2 also seems fair
    about the douchebaggery, I actually think this will be a LOT better in gw2 due to the way the game encourages group play (no rolls on loot, everyone can mine the same node, it only disapears for the person that mined it, no kill x questsfor people to steal your kills, etc.)
    Then again, there's a lot of douchebags out there

The internet is a horrid place
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

about the douchebaggery, I actually think this will be a LOT better in gw2 due to the way the game encourages group play (no rolls on loot, everyone can mine the same node, it only disapears for the person that mined it, no kill x questsfor people to steal your kills, etc.)
    Then again, there's a lot of douchebags out there

The internet is a horrid place
    "Hey faggot, did you see how fast I helped you finish that quest?!"

"I worked together to kill that boss SO FAST with you, HAH! BITCH!"

The internet is a breeding ground for asshattery, but people will really need to get out of their way to be one in GW2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    "Hey faggot, did you see how fast I helped you finish that quest?!"

"I worked together to kill that boss SO FAST with you, HAH! BITCH!"

The internet is a breeding ground for asshattery, but people will really need to get out of their way to be one in GW2
    as long as you don't pvp, I reckon it'll be pretty elitist like the first one
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Still have to see sylvari, but i'd say humans and sylvari will be most populated

Undead and human are the most popular races in wow
    Regarding WoW, Human is far and away the most popular, (something like 1/5) followed by Blood Elves. Undead is somewhere in the middle of the pack, with Troll and Gnome at the bottom.

For GW2 the polling right now has Humans at the top, followed by Charr. Sylvari and Norn are in the middle, but quite a bit behind those top two. I'm thinking the Norn will remain relatively low, while we have to wait on the look of the redesign to determine how popular the Sylvari will be. Asura are absolutely dead last, make one of those if you want to be unique... Unless the Asura week has some surprises to make them look absoultely incredible.

Personally, I'm a huge altoholic so I'll have at least one of each race. Most likely picking the race based on what class I'd like to be associated with it most. Definitely will have one of each class like in GW1. Will be picking depending on most to least interesting, but I'll have 'em all.

the easiest achievements are quite fast, usually just require a few missions or minigames for hero armor and such.
    25 is all you need for the gear, after that it's just titles.
    It's 30 for all the gear, this page helped me out tremendously when I was grinding out points: Hall of Monuments Rewards. Don't want to miss out on the Stygian Reaver (28) and Fire God's Vambraces/Black Widow pet (30)!
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2011-08-04 at 06:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Regarding WoW, Human is far and away the most popular, (something like 1/5) followed by Blood Elves. Undead is somewhere in the middle of the pack, with Troll and Gnome at the bottom.

For GW2 the polling right now has Humans at the top, followed by Charr. Sylvari and Norn are in the middle, but quite a bit behind those top two. I'm thinking the Norn will remain relatively low, while we have to wait on the look of the redesign to determine how popular the Sylvari will be. Asura are absolutely dead last, make one of those if you want to be unique... Unless the Asura week has some surprises to make them look absoultely incredible.

Personally, I'm a huge altoholic so I'll have at least one of each race. Most likely picking the race based on what class I'd like to be associated with it most. Definitely will have one of each class like in GW1. Will be picking depending on most to least interesting, but I'll have 'em all.

It's 30 for all the gear, this page helped me out tremendously when I was grinding out points: Hall of Monuments Rewards. Don't want to miss out on the Stygian Reaver (28) and Fire God's Vambraces/Black Widow pet (30)!
    oh my bad, ye, I want that reaver alright

also glad they got the fellblade in there, I love that big black chunk of metal
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Almost all of the polls I see have Charr as the leading race.

Asura will be the bottom no matter what. I might just start one as my first character.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Almost all of the polls I see have Charr as the leading race.

Asura will be the bottom no matter what. I might just start one as my first character.

NOPE

Check this link, its today's info as well