Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fir3line View Post
    Even though it was nice to acctually get some numbers i think those graphs are VERY misleading. But we'll just have to wait and see until the game is released

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I have to say I'm not as optimistic as you are, I can't really think of any gaming community not being populated mostly by douches.
    The only game I know atm is Diablo 2. I've met one semi asshole out of like 200 guys recently

Quote Originally Posted by etubrutei View Post
    wtb ~Image Snip~ as a new race
    What would you name yourself? Ratatouille? Those guys are an interesting race but they are still basically bipedal rats.
    Last edited by Merendel; 2011-08-04 at 10:58 PM.

Who is John Galt?

wtb as a new race
    splinter lives?

10+ Year Old Account
    All skritt must die

Two new blog posts about GW2 audio design:

http://www.arena.net/blog/james-boer...2-audio-design
    http://www.arena.net/blog/the-hidden...f-sound-design

Hidden among all the fluff and technical discussion is this little gem:

Finally, no matter how fantastic a game’s music is, when you hear the same music for the thousandth time, you start wanting to change things up a bit. Many players will simply turn the game music off and play their own collections. The problem is that an external music player has no context as to what’s going on in-game. Guild Wars 2 will offer a solution for this as well. We’re giving players the option of choosing external music playlists that the game’s audio engine will use as a replacement for the default in-game music. Players can choose different playlists for background ambience and battle music, for instance. Additionally, when appropriate, such as during cinematics, the game can revert back to in-game music temporarily to give the best possible cinematic experience, then resume the custom playlist when it’s done.

That's pretty awesome. :P If the system is robust enough I'll probably use it to make a portfolio piece at some point too...

That is awesome! I've found myself wishing for that exact feature in many other games that I have played.

Very interesting, so basically it allows you to set up certain custom music playing for zones, dungeons, starting combat, and possibly bosses? This definitely could be fun to mess around with your favorite boss themes.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is really cool, but Jeremy Soule is definately worth listening to repeatedly. =)

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

wtb as a new race
    Rat people?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    That is really cool, but Jeremy Soule is definately worth listening to repeatedly. =)
    QFT

A really awesome feature though

during bosses.. who else is gonna throw on FF7 boss music? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    I might toss in an asortment of FF music from various games not just 7. I think I still have some boss music from other asorted games floating around on my HD. I remember baladur's gate2 Throne of bhaal had an epic track for its few key bosses.

Edit found it on youtube
    Bhaalspawn Battle.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V6ayeiKkT
    Last edited by Merendel; 2011-08-05 at 06:40 AM.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    Probably going to use some SNES tracks, maybe some of my favorite OC remixes. Can't wait to see some of the bigger bosses, and find some themes that really pump the adrenaline fighting em.

wtb as a new race
    Just cause it has a sword doesn't make it that much more appealing >_>

The thing looks ugly as fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmrider View Post
    We’re giving players the option of choosing external music playlists that the game’s audio engine will use as a replacement for the default in-game music. Players can choose different playlists for background ambience and battle music, for instance. Additionally, when appropriate, such as during cinematics, the game can revert back to in-game music temporarily to give the best possible cinematic experience, then resume the custom playlist when it’s done.
    That's sweet, Lufia 2 sinistral theme inside gw2 is awesome on so many levels
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    so... not gonna be constructive here but... anyone else can hardly wait for launch date? ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure we'll get it "soon"
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    so... not gonna be constructive here but... anyone else can hardly wait for launch date? ^_^
    Honestly, obsessing over the launch date is more constructive than nothing, since we haven't gotten much huge info for a while