Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn View Post
    And you're exactly who I'm pointing to with my previous statement.
    Why don't you do everyone a favor and stop making off-topic comments in this thread.

And you're exactly who I'm pointing to with my previous statement on why I love this thread and am thankful for all the help and shared knowledge of everyone here about this exciting game I can not wait to play
    fixd?

Developer Q&A from Gamespy

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/guild-wars-2/1165160p1.html

I've been reading the wiki today, really seems like they're trying to make it good.

Looking forward to buying and playing it when it comes out. /cross fingers for beta invite.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Why don't you do everyone a favor and stop making off-topic comments in this thread.
    Or you could do everyone the favor of ending your fanboyism

Please stop. Take your handbags and finish it in PMs. This thread isn't the place for it.

For every close-minded person trashing this topic, I plan to buy another copy of the CE.

No lie, I plan to buy a few copies of the collector's edition. I think this is going to be one of those games where the CE will be worth something down the line. If not, worse-comes-to-worse, I break even. :P

Note: Yes, people buy collectors editions on eBay for more than they originally retailed for. Don't even start.
    Last edited by DeanyKong; 2011-05-02 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeanyKong View Post
    For every close-minded person trashing this topic, I plan to buy another copy of the CE.

No lie, I plan to buy a few copies of the collector's edition. I think this is going to be one of those games where the CE will be worth something down the line. If not, worse-comes-to-worse, I break even. :P
    buy shares in arena.net ;..;

Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    buy shares in arena.net ;..;
    That's an even better idea. I might.

Please read this...

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    Keep the discussion on GW2 or I'm getting my hammer out of the trunk.

You know which hammer I mean.

Note: Yes, people buy collectors editions on eBay for more than they originally retailed for. Don't even start.
    never bought a CE for any game, even WoW but i will get it for GW2

I actually got my Wrath CE for less than retail on ebay about 6 months after launch.

Anyway, I'm undecided on if I'll get a CE of GW2, it really depends on what's included. Art books and game soundtracks don't really do it for me since I'm usually treated to all that in the game or through press. Now if it came with the related novel or a statuette....
    Last edited by smrund; 2011-05-02 at 09:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    Sometimes life gives you lemons, other times life gives you boobies. Life is always better with more boobies.
    Blizzard removed my subscription from WoD's features, it'll be added sometime later.
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

Does anyone know what GW2 will be doing with servers? Right now for some reason I'm thinking you can switch between servers any time you want for free is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Ziga View Post
    Does anyone know what GW2 will be doing with servers? Right now for some reason I'm thinking you can switch between servers any time you want for free is that correct?
    You can change server for free when you please, since they are using the golbal server system again, although there will be a cooldown on the service because of the WvWvW. Since they want server communitys, so they don't want you changing every week also.

Speaking of servers, are there likely to be any sited in Australasia? With the combat system featuring physical dodging and no auto-attack, I'm concerned that my usual ~300ms latency is going to be a major disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I actually got my Wrath CE for less than retail on ebay about 6 months after launch.
    Yep, and there are plenty of people buying Cata CE's right now for $50-60. The sellers are being impatient. There's a WotLK CE on eBay up right now with 10 bids at $125 and it still has 6 days left on the auction.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    You can change server for free when you please, since they are using the golbal server system again, although there will be a cooldown on the service because of the WvWvW. Since they want server communitys, so they don't want you changing every week also.
    This mainly, there's a similar thing in Guild Wars right now where you can only change your region like twice every six month (So that you don't abuse the HoH things), but I'm sure it will be like a once a month thing or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Actually in the current GW you can change as you please, the restriction was lifted a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Actually in the current GW you can change as you please, the restriction was lifted a long time ago.
    No shit? Well I'll be...

I don't really play too much right now because for some reason it takes me ten minutes to get passed the login screen...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Speaking of servers, are there likely to be any sited in Australasia? With the combat system featuring physical dodging and no auto-attack, I'm concerned that my usual ~300ms latency is going to be a major disadvantage.

same qquestion?
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

No one knows anything about that yet.

As far as I know the current asian/oceanic players are doing ok with those kinds of latencies and the current GW requires a lot more fast reactions that GW2 will, so I'm guessing no matter what it should be fine. (also they actually closed the dedicated Asian servers and moved them to the US but as of now it's not knows what their strategy will be for GW2).