Quote Originally Posted by Eec003 View Post
    just listed this post as my cancel subscription reason for wow. THANKS =D
    Blizzard probably hates mmo-champion by now. I know I feel guilty I don't play wow but use this site to talk about other games. You think this website will always be wow focused or since its mmo-champion will cover what ever is the dominant mmo out there and maybe one day guild wars 2, swtor, or maybe even Titan?

Quote Originally Posted by Eec003 View Post
    just listed this post as my cancel subscription reason for wow. THANKS =D
    same here, but i will still probably play wow just to chat and do stuff with friends if they don't play GW2

well before you cancel your wow sub yet just be aware that GW2 probably won't be out for at least 6 months, possibly not even this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    well before you cancel your wow sub yet just be aware that GW2 probably won't be out for at least 6 months, possibly not even this year.
    Good money (i.e. 99.9%) says it will not be out this year.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Good money (i.e. 99.9%) says it will not be out this year.
    I believe Anet said they will hopefully have either closed beta or open beta by the end of this year.

I also cancelled wow after I found out about GW2. And I don't care if it's still a year until it's out. I bought GW1 to get some points in Hall Of Monuments, and even though there's a few things I really don't like about GW1, I love that I get cooler looking gear for GW2. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Earthshockaz View Post
    I believe Anet said they will hopefully have either closed beta or open beta by the end of this year.
    And they feel that Beta's are basically just game demos and for last minute changes, so we can expect the game at least a month after the beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Earthshockaz View Post
    Well, alpha is going on now from what I've heard. And beta will 99% be this year (closed). I doubt they will have an open beta as another poster already said.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Well, alpha is going on now from what I've heard. And beta will 99% be this year (closed). I doubt they will have an open beta as another poster already said.
    Ahhhh ok cool, yeah i knew there was going to be a beta just wasn't sure if it was opened or closed. Better keep an eye on the site so i can sign up for closed beta

Some of that stat and skill and Action bar stuff seems a bit complicated.
    The action bars feel restricted, ill have to play it to tell.

But the rest of it is really something eh, no quests fuck ya!
    -Scrapbot stole my sig-

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    The amount of actual gameplay is laughable comparing to prerendered CGI scenes. Makes one think why company is so reluctant to actually present their product. Possibly it's related to lack of monthly fee?

P.S. Also, the frame which shew characters wearing $$-store outfits (without comment) was great.
    Ummm excuse me? What pre-rendered cgi? The only things that aren't actual in game graphics are the artistic mostly 2d cinematics. What you see is what you get.

<videos>
    See? All 'epicness' is gone, as only you move to actual gameplay.

Also:
    Save the hamlet from pirates
    Pirates remaining: 8
    Fires still burning: 17

I remember someone was ripping apart his shirt stating that there are no quests (at all)? Funny how they have this 'Kill X quest' up into their face.

Also:

I remember someone was ripping apart his shirt stating that there are no quests (at all)? Funny how they have this 'Kill X quest' up into their face.
    Please do a little research before talking about things you don't know about. Those aren't hard numbers. They change with the amount of people in the event. This particular event is not a quest for a couple reasons:

1) you never have to talk to an npc to do it
    2) you don't personally have to kill ALL the pirates to get a full reward
    3) you are not required to do this event, or any event

Also there are quest-like things in the game. It's called your personal story. But it only resembles quests in that you talk to people. It's a story. In a movie people talk to each other, and in the personal story you talk to people.

It's perfectly fine to dislike the game if it's not your thing, but quit trolling. Why are you here if you think it's so dumb?
    Last edited by Talaaya; 2011-05-04 at 08:03 AM.

Also:

"Epicness" is gone? Compare it to WoW.

The only thing that you lose going from the Skill demos on the websites and Average Joe playing at PAX is the special cameras. It's still the same damn thing.

As for the "quest." They didn't run up to a guy with an exclamation mark over his head to initiate it, he just fucking ran in on a pirate raid on a hamlet. Using the counter as an argument point is bullshit. Just because they have something keeping track of your progress and objectives, that doesn't mean it's a quest.

Seriously, shut your face and get out of this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

The amount of actual gameplay is laughable comparing to prerendered CGI scenes. Makes one think why company is so reluctant to actually present their product. Possibly it's related to lack of monthly fee?
    Is this another one of your troll-and-run posts? Because those are getting tiring.

Right now I'm wracking my brain trying to remember a single bit of CGI pre-rendered footage. I don't think I've seen any, actually, all we've gotten so far is concept art (piles of it) and in-game footage (again, piles of it, just check Blznsmri's post. Perhaps you're mixing things up with the all-CGI Cataclysm trailer?

P.S. Also, the frame which shew characters wearing $$-store outfits (without comment) was great.
    It is, because costumes don't affect gameplay in any way. I'm sorry you don't have disposable income to waste on silly things like pretty pixel clothes. I've bought almost all of them and thought they were well worth the money, and at the same time I was supporting a company I think is doing pretty great work.

Also:
    Can you please show me where did you see a mob counter, because i know for sure that you lie. ArenaNet said that there won't be counters for mobs because content scales and it would be ridiculous to have 4/16 and then 4/20. Instead of that they have a morale bar that you fill by killing mobs.

Btw, there are ingame videos with much better quality. Here's a 54 minute one. Awesome quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoICk5E9X7g
    Last edited by Verterdegete; 2011-05-04 at 10:30 AM.

Guys don't dignify him with responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Verterdegete View Post
    Can you please show me where did you see a mob counter, because i know for sure that you lie.
    Last video.
    Quote Originally Posted by midwintersong View Post
    Perhaps you're mixing things up with the all-CGI Cataclysm trailer?
    It was clearly scripted, not real-time and created with higher detail/postprocessing level that is in real game engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    They didn't run up to a guy with an exclamation mark over his head to initiate it, he just fucking ran in on a pirate raid on a hamlet... Just because they have something keeping track of your progress and objectives, that doesn't mean it's a quest.
    It is the quest. How the presence or absence ?-mark makes any difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by Talaaya View Post
    This particular event is not a quest for a couple reasons:
    1) you never have to talk to an npc to do it
    2) you don't personally have to kill ALL the pirates to get a full reward
    3) you are not required to do this event, or any event.
    As you're not required to do any other quest. And in most frequent situation, it's you who have personally kill X pirates, and not one less. Or will I get half of reward if I kill only 4 and go away?

I cannot stand when people posting excited sheets of text, claiming that the black is white, misleading other people.

Tackhisis please leave, your ungrounded claims have been proven wrong multiple times, no matter how dense you act your arguments are still invalid.